Old Oct 30, 2013, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: aztimm
Benefits of the US Airways Mastercard
(full website found here)

US Airways Premier World MasterCard®
(annual fee of $89)
  • Redeem award travel for 5,000 fewer miles
  • 2 miles for every $1 you spend on US Airways purchases and 1 mile for every $1 you spend everywhere else
  • Annual companion certificate good for roundtrip travel for up to 2 guests for $99 each
  • Zone 2 boarding and First Class check-in

US Airways World MasterCard®
(annual fee of $49)
  • 1 mile for every $1 you spend on US Airways purchases
  • Annual companion certificate good for roundtrip travel for 1 guest for $149
  • Redeem award travel for 5,000 fewer miles

US Airways Business MasterCard®
(annual fee of $79)
  • 2 miles for every $1 you spend on US Airways purchases
  • Additional cards for employees to earn you greater rewards
  • Complimentary US Airways Club day pass

Related thread:
US Airways CC / Companion Certificates discussion thread
Print Wikipost

Benefits of US Airways MasterCard®

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2014, 9:23 am

Programs: UA*1K & UA Club, National Ex. Elite, Hertz Pres. Circ., Amex Plat., CLEAR
Originally Posted by Lord Mesron
Quick question. Hopefully not a stupid one. If I use a travel agent to book my US Airways flights and pay them with my US Airways Premier World MasterCard®, will I get the double miles? Or do I need to book the flights personally?
Travel agents work, provided it's ticketed on 037 US ticket stock (in this case AAA travel agency), a few years back. I did not get double miles for bookings on Orbitz.
Old Mar 18, 2014, 12:33 pm

Programs: US DMS, UA, AA, SW, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold Plus, Amtrak
Thanks, Joshua. I use a full service travel agent, World Travel, Inc. So hopefully I won't have any problems.
Old Mar 18, 2014, 5:53 pm

Programs: AA, UA, BA, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Lord Mesron
Quick question. Hopefully not a stupid one. If I use a travel agent to book my US Airways flights and pay them with my US Airways Premier World MasterCard®, will I get the double miles? Or do I need to book the flights personally?
It just depends on who charges your card. Ask the travel agency if they will bill you for the tickets or if they will use your card info to buy the tickets from the airline. I would guess the former.
Old Mar 18, 2014, 10:13 pm

Programs: Hilton Cubic Zirconia, Marriott Fools Gold
Another silver preferred benefit gets nullified! Courtesy of a thread in the CC forum...
Originally Posted by cptnslow
Just had this pop up on my account, nice perk to get them in line with the other airline cards.

Old Mar 20, 2014, 10:42 am

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Gold
Interesting...is this for all members or only for a specific level? I did not yet receive this email and I have the World Elite card.
Old Mar 20, 2014, 10:34 pm

Programs: None
"Two (2) miles for every one dollar ($1.00) of Net Purchases made with the Account, rounded up or down to the nearest dollar, on tickets, goods and services purchased directly from US Airways or US Airways Vacations® (“US Airways Purchases”). US Airways tickets purchased through other channels or that are a component of any other cruise or tour package do not earn US Airways mileage purchase bonuses."

Directly from the credit card T&C's. Note that the 2 miles/dollar bonus isn't available with the World Mastercard ($49 annual fee).

So dukerau is correct - if your card is used to purchase the tickets you should get the 2 for 1 bonus on the Premier World or business card.

Jim
Old Mar 22, 2014, 6:06 am

US Airways Premier World MasterCard®
(annual fee of $89)
•Redeem award travel for 5,000 fewer miles
• 2 miles for every $1 you spend on US Airways purchases and 1 mile for every $1 you spend everywhere else
• Annual companion certificate good for roundtrip travel for up to 2 guests for $99 each
• Zone 2 boarding and First Class check-in
I booked direct from IND-PHX and back, got Zone 5 boarding both flights. I obviously booked with the card because I used the companion passes. Right on the back on my boarding pass it lists these same benefits with the very specific "Zone 2 Boarding and First Class Check-In EVERY TIME" (emphasis mine).

I am pretty sure US Air does not understand the meaning of "every time". Twitter response was to check that my number is linked to my card.

Email customer service response was basically "too bad, so sad, sorry you had to gate check and stand around the luggage carousel".

Both poor responses in my opinion. But either way, make sue you are getting your correct benefits from this card.
Old Mar 28, 2014, 3:40 pm

First Class Check in

I have the $89 annual fee MasterCard.
I see that it grants First class check in.
I have a upcoming trip, my wife and I, two tickets. Does this first class check in only apply to me? Or can her and I check in first class together, although I'm the primary card holder?

Thanks in advance.
PS, I'm a FF no0B, so sorry if the question is kind of dumb.
Old Mar 28, 2014, 7:25 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; Hilton Diamond
If you are on the same PNR, then yes. If you are on separate PNRs, probably yes. Shouldn't be a problem.

And welcome to FT, PHFnative!
Old Apr 7, 2014, 3:22 pm

Programs: AA, US, WN, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat
Any clue if the free bag benefit will be good for trips booked prior to 4/30 using the card? I booked two tickets on 3/28 for a trip in August so would the bags be free if I showed them the card as check-in?
Old Apr 7, 2014, 3:52 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, IHG Royal Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Plat,Accor Plat, US Chairmans
Originally Posted by BrlDsguise
Any clue if the free bag benefit will be good for trips booked prior to 4/30 using the card? I booked two tickets on 3/28 for a trip in August so would the bags be free if I showed them the card as check-in?

I would assume so. How I read this is cardmembers after 04/30 will get a free bag as long as date of travel is after 04/30. Would be interested in how others are interpreting this.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 5:12 am

I'm kind of new to all this, and this is one of the cards I'm deciding on for my first FF program. I've heard of people applying for the $89/yr card, and just getting approved for the $49/yr card. I only want to be in this program if I'm getting the $89/yr card, and don't want to risk applying and then paying the fee and/or having to cancel the $49/yr card right away. Is there any way around this? I'm sorry if the question is kind of silly!
Old Apr 14, 2014, 10:51 am

Programs: UA*1K & UA Club, National Ex. Elite, Hertz Pres. Circ., Amex Plat., CLEAR
Originally Posted by QweenGeorgie
I'm kind of new to all this, and this is one of the cards I'm deciding on for my first FF program. I've heard of people applying for the $89/yr card, and just getting approved for the $49/yr card. I only want to be in this program if I'm getting the $89/yr card, and don't want to risk applying and then paying the fee and/or having to cancel the $49/yr card right away. Is there any way around this? I'm sorry if the question is kind of silly!
No, there's not.

If the $49 card shows up in the mail, you can call Barclay's and complain and get the card cancelled.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by Joshua
No, there's not.

If the $49 card shows up in the mail, you can call Barclay's and complain and get the card cancelled.
Thanks Joshua. If I did that would they waive the fee, or is it still possible I would pay the $49 fee?
Old Apr 14, 2014, 4:40 pm

Programs: Hilton Cubic Zirconia, Marriott Fools Gold
Originally Posted by QweenGeorgie
Originally Posted by Joshua
No, there's not.

Thanks Joshua. If I did that would they waive the fee, or is it still possible I would pay the $49 fee?
Head on over to FT's credit card forum... there is a link there for a 30k card with no AF the first year (or a 40k card without the AF waived). Also as a side note, many people have been successful in getting subsequent AF's waived.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.