FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-dividend-miles-pre-consolidation-american-airlines-612/)
-   -   Benefits of US Airways MasterCard® (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-dividend-miles-pre-consolidation-american-airlines/1423294-benefits-us-airways-mastercard.html)

evthu Jan 2, 2013 1:39 pm

Benefits of US Airways MasterCard®

I have been approved for the Barclays US Airways card. However, I have not yet received it (or therefore activated it).

I am flying out tomorrow. Is there any way I can still use this to receive a free checked bag?

whytravelsomuch Jan 2, 2013 1:43 pm

the US Airways credit card doesnt give free checked bags as a benefit

evthu Jan 2, 2013 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by whytravelsomuch (Post 19961173)
the US Airways credit card doesnt give free checked bags as a benefit

Well don't I sound really stupid. Thanks for clearing that up.

phisher4 Jan 2, 2013 7:03 pm

Getting a free checked bag before credit card comes

Here's Another dumb question: Why don't they offer a free bag when competing cards do?

Bighead1970 Jan 2, 2013 7:11 pm

I would rather have the 10k PQM after a 25k spend in a calendar year, 2 companions for $99 each and double points on all purchases made on usairways.com than 1 free checked bag.

whytravelsomuch Jan 2, 2013 9:32 pm

Originally Posted by phisher4 (Post 19963016)
Here's Another dumb question: Why don't they offer a free bag when competing cards do?

Because they dont feel it necessary to make their credit cards competitive products.

fti Oct 30, 2013 10:02 am

I have heard that credit card holders are allowed to check in at First Class check in. Is this correct? It was an old thread where I saw that.

aztimm Oct 30, 2013 10:23 am

Originally Posted by fti (Post 21694972)
I have heard that credit card holders are allowed to check in at First Class check in. Is this correct? It was an old thread where I saw that.

Yes, this is a benefit that I just added to the Wikipost above:
Zone 2 boarding and First Class check-in

jmkck9 Jan 30, 2014 1:41 pm

Miles posting question

Does anyone know long does it take for the 30,000 miles to post to your US Airways account after your first statement?

heyeaglefn Jan 30, 2014 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by jmkck9 (Post 22254299)
Does anyone know long does it take for the 30,000 miles to post to your US Airways account after your first statement?

My statement closed 11/15 and my US account shows miles in there 11/16.

briansee Jan 30, 2014 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by Bighead1970 (Post 19963045)
I would rather have the 10k PQM after a 25k spend in a calendar year, 2 companions for $99 each and double points on all purchases made on usairways.com than 1 free checked bag.

And 5k less for award travel booked on US metal! I think that's pretty unique compared to other airlines' cards.

UVU Wolverine Jan 30, 2014 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by briansee (Post 22254349)
And 5k less for award travel booked on US metal! I think that's pretty unique compared to other airlines' cards.

The Citi AA cards give 10% of the miles booked back, up to 10K/year. Depending on the situation, that may be a better deal. Not if you don't have enough miles for the award though.

I'm not aware of another airline card that gives a percentage of miles used back, so that too is unique.

rove312 Feb 12, 2014 4:58 pm

My statement shows the miles reported as 3 less than the dollars spent on purchases: there were no finance charges, fees, or reversed charges to confuse the matter. If they round to the closest 10, that hasn't happened on previous statements. This may look like a trivial matter, but with another airline once I had a balance ending with 995, when I was ready to book an award at the next round number. Any explanation here?

skitch23 Feb 12, 2014 5:29 pm

Originally Posted by rove312 (Post 22338217)
My statement shows the miles reported as 3 less than the dollars spent on purchases: there were no finance charges, fees, or reversed charges to confuse the matter. If they round to the closest 10, that hasn't happened on previous statements. This may look like a trivial matter, but with another airline once I had a balance ending with 995, when I was ready to book an award at the next round number. Any explanation here?

Points are awarded for each purchase individually rather than combined at the end of the month. They also round up at the 50 cent mark... so a purchase of $7.50 earns 8 points, but one for $7.49 only earns 7.

Lord Mesron Mar 17, 2014 1:53 pm

Quick question. Hopefully not a stupid one. If I use a travel agent to book my US Airways flights and pay them with my US Airways Premier World MasterCard®, will I get the double miles? Or do I need to book the flights personally?