Old Oct 30, 2013, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: aztimm
Benefits of the US Airways Mastercard
(full website found here)

US Airways Premier World MasterCard®
(annual fee of $89)
  • Redeem award travel for 5,000 fewer miles
  • 2 miles for every $1 you spend on US Airways purchases and 1 mile for every $1 you spend everywhere else
  • Annual companion certificate good for roundtrip travel for up to 2 guests for $99 each
  • Zone 2 boarding and First Class check-in

US Airways World MasterCard®
(annual fee of $49)
  • 1 mile for every $1 you spend on US Airways purchases
  • Annual companion certificate good for roundtrip travel for 1 guest for $149
  • Redeem award travel for 5,000 fewer miles

US Airways Business MasterCard®
(annual fee of $79)
  • 2 miles for every $1 you spend on US Airways purchases
  • Additional cards for employees to earn you greater rewards
  • Complimentary US Airways Club day pass

Related thread:
US Airways CC / Companion Certificates discussion thread
Print Wikipost

Benefits of US Airways MasterCard®

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2014, 11:19 am

Originally Posted by aztimm
Yes, this is a benefit that I just added to the Wikipost above:
Zone 2 boarding and First Class check-in
Do these benefits apply if ticket is NOT paid with the card or is bought through sites like Experdia?
Old Sep 5, 2014, 3:50 pm

Programs: Hilton Cubic Zirconia, Marriott Fools Gold
Originally Posted by spgsolo
Do these benefits apply if ticket is NOT paid with the card or is bought through sites like Experdia?
Yes, just make sure your reservation is linked to your US Airways profile.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by heyeaglefn
Showed for me today. When you log in to your account, do you see a DMS symbol at the top right of your screen?
I just applied and got approved for the US CC. I'm assuming that, at some point in the near future, I will see a "DMS" symbol at the top right of my screen and that will mean that my CC benefits are in effect?
Old Nov 3, 2014, 12:29 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by skitch23
Yes, just make sure your reservation is linked to your US Airways profile.
My ticket was booked with my US Airways Barclay card but I'm crediting the miles to be earned to my AAdvantage account. Will it still be linked to my card benefits for the free checked bag even though I'm not flying with my Dividend Miles account linked to the ticket?
Old Nov 6, 2014, 10:35 am

Barclays US Airways Card Free Checked Bag

Is it true that I do not actually have to use the card to book my flight on US Airways to get the first checked bag free? I did not have the card at the time of booking and it will cost way too much to re-book now. I read the terms and conditions and all it says is that the Dividends number on the reservation has to match your card. It says nothing about booking with the Barclays US Airways card.

Thanks!
Old Nov 6, 2014, 11:27 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by finloopio
My ticket was booked with my US Airways Barclay card but I'm crediting the miles to be earned to my AAdvantage account. Will it still be linked to my card benefits for the free checked bag even though I'm not flying with my Dividend Miles account linked to the ticket?
BTW, the answer to this question is "no". You have to be crediting miles to your US Air Dividend account on your trip in order to use the free checked bag benefit. Kind of a bummer but it'll all merge in the spring so oh well.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 9:47 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz President's Circle
Dividend Miles Select 5k discount

Does anyone have experience receiving the 5k miles discount without paying taxes/fees with the USDM card? I realize the terms and conditions require it, but we all know sometimes practice deviates from the written policy.

The DMS benefit is associated with my FF#, I'm booking over the phone, and I would be paying with another MasterCard, so the question is whether the agent's computer system is smart enough to recognize that I'm not using a USDM card and reject the discount.

I want to use my CSP for the trip delay benefits...
Old Nov 19, 2014, 11:11 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
I just recommended this card to a friend who flies AA but has never been able to get a Citi AAdvantage card because of having declared bankruptcy many years ago. Apparently Citi told him he could NEVER get a credit card with them again. AFAIK, his credit is fine now, so this could be his ticket to finally being able to earn AAdvantage miles with a credit card.

Has anyone been offered the opportunity to apply for the new Barclay AAdvantage card yet? Or know when it will be offered?
Old Nov 19, 2014, 11:54 am

Originally Posted by ILuvParis
Has anyone been offered the opportunity to apply for the new Barclay AAdvantage card yet? Or know when it will be offered?
You will never be able to apply for a Barclays AA card. Rather, existing US Airways cards will become Barclays-issued AA cards, and at that time, the card will be closed to new applications.

Moral of the story - he should apply now.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 11:57 am

Maybe the wiki could be edited to show when some of the benefits will change. For instance, does the First class check-in benefit end on Dec. 31, 2014?
Old Nov 19, 2014, 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by nall
You will never be able to apply for a Barclays AA card. Rather, existing US Airways cards will become Barclays-issued AA cards, and at that time, the card will be closed to new applications.

Moral of the story - he should apply now.
Oh, absolutely. My question about the Barclay AA card concerned the premium one that will give 3 miles per dollar on AA purchases and has the $189 (or whatever it is annual fee). I was under the impression that will be offered to current card holders.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 2:16 pm

See the discussion http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-ai...-targeted.html. They say they'll offer the Aviator Silver card to top cardholders, and some big spenders in that thread said they hadn't gotten the offer yet. Those who don't upgrade will apparently get an Aviators Red card. So it isn't sure if a new cardholder will be offered the Silver.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 2:28 pm

Originally Posted by rove312
See the discussion http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-ai...-targeted.html. They say they'll offer the Aviator Silver card to top cardholders, and some big spenders in that thread said they hadn't gotten the offer yet. Those who don't upgrade will apparently get an Aviators Red card. So it isn't sure if a new cardholder will be offered the Silver.
Thank you - somehow I missed that thread.
Old Dec 20, 2014, 3:09 pm

Programs: AA PLT, AS 75K, DL DM, HY Globalist, HH Diamond, MC/RZ/SW Platinum, AB/UA Silver, WN CP
Just have to say, I continue to be blown away by the service from Barclays. When I received the card in late September, I'd actually forgotten I'd applied for it. Disappointed with lackluster AA/US service and without enough trips planned to remain Gold, I was planning to do the DL Medallion Challenge after the beginning of Oct so I could be Gold with them. Well, this card made me do a 180º shift. Even though I was planning to do the rest of my flying on DL, I hadn't booked anything yet, so it was easy (and cheaper) to book that on US. Although it was a tough challenge, I realized if I spent $25k in three months, I would have just enough PQMs to remain Gold.

My monthly statement closes on the 21st, and I'd gone through all my transactions again just last night to make sure I had enough to put me over, since a couple of larger recent ones looked like they might not post in time. Whew, I'd just made it. Now, to wait until next week for the cycle to close and see if the 10k PQMs will post. There are some bloggers who'd discouraged this, citing rules that it could take 4-6 weeks for them to post, and they might apply to next year instead. Still, it was worth taking the chance.

Well, I just checked in for my flight tomorrow and noticed my DM balance had changed. I went into the history and discovered that not only had the miles from this statement (which hasn't yet closed!) posted, but the 10k PQMs already have too!!! Merry early Christmas to me! When I complete my return flight on Christmas Eve, I'll officially cross the Gold threshold. :happy dance:
Old Dec 29, 2014, 8:07 pm

Don't forget that you can purchase 30,000 - 50,000 miles with a 100% bonus if you have the card through December 31, 2014. http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...es-1-88-cents/

Good luck!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.