Community
Wiki Posts
Search

US Airways - 15,000 bonus miles for existing card holders [targeted]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2012, 1:12 pm

:(

I wish I received an email on the promotion..... any way to post a link or is the link specific to the cardholder?

Originally Posted by zlc
I didn't get the post card, but received an email about the promotion.
Old Sep 6, 2012, 2:40 pm

I got the email and there is no link or registration - it just says you will receive the bonus when you meet the spend
Old Sep 10, 2012, 6:30 am

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
How Long To Post

Does anyone have experience with the time needed to post the bonus miles?

I need the miles to ticket an award, and I would like to do it ASAP.

I asked Barclays and they gave a stock answer "Will be posted 6-8 weeks after September 30" (my promotion is for July/Aug/Sept.). Does anyone know how long it will really take? If I hit the $1250 for Sept. earlier in the month, will it speed things up?
Old Sep 10, 2012, 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by redtop43
Does anyone have experience with the time needed to post the bonus miles?

I need the miles to ticket an award, and I would like to do it ASAP.

I asked Barclays and they gave a stock answer "Will be posted 6-8 weeks after September 30" (my promotion is for July/Aug/Sept.). Does anyone know how long it will really take? If I hit the $1250 for Sept. earlier in the month, will it speed things up?
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it wasn't quick for me. I did the May-June-July promo and miles posted on September 5, as part of my statement close. I believe my July spend was also done very early in the month.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 1:00 pm

looks like my card is going in the drawer until I get one of these promos
Old Sep 10, 2012, 4:39 pm

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
We got lucky on this. I got my card in about April and got the $1250 promo for July-Sept; Mrs. Redtop got hers in about July and got the $750 promo for Sept-Nov. My card would be in the drawer otherwise too.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 11:24 am

Question Definition of "month"

Does anybody know whether this spending is for monthly billing cycles or for the actual calendar months? My billing cycle ends in the middle of month, so I'm sure I didn't get to $750 for this month's bill.

I'm hoping they track the spending for the entire calendar months of Sept., Oct., and Nov. regardless of when your billing cycle ends. Thanks. New to this site and to DM.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 5:36 pm

For me it was calendar month and not billing cycle.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 7:04 pm

Originally Posted by brothersbr
Great, thanks!
Old Sep 18, 2012, 3:24 pm

Another data point for those who care, I got the card in June and made one purchase. Paid it off and put it away. I got the offer (15k miles for $750 each month Sept-Nov). My roommate got card around the same time and has been using it frequently, he did not get the offer.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 7:50 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Would love to hear of anyone utilizing Amazon Payments as goods/services for this promo. I just received the offer for $750 spend per month for Oct, Nov, & Dec.
Old Sep 19, 2012, 7:09 am

Programs: AA Ex-Plat, Bonvoy Titanium
I have never received this offer in the past. I've just received my 10K PQM bonus this week. I'm not going to use my card for the rest of the year. Let's see if they give me this offer now.
Old Sep 19, 2012, 10:59 am

Programs: AA, UA, Hilton, Choice, Wyndham
Just got this offer. App'd card late Jul, charged to it once in early Aug, and sock drawered it. Sweet! Time to spend $750 * 3 for each month of Q4
Old Sep 19, 2012, 11:46 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold; UA 3P; Cattle-Class on everything else.
Originally Posted by centrifuge41
Just got this offer. App'd card late Jul, charged to it once in early Aug, and sock drawered it. Sweet! Time to spend $750 * 3 for each month of Q4
I'm in the same boat. July app. $10 spent on it. sock-drawered. today, i got the Q4 offer - $750/mo for 15k miles.

In January, it's going right back in the sock drawer
Old Sep 24, 2012, 9:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by brothersbr
Good! My wife and I each have the card, and we weren't using them until we got the promo. Since we're "running out" of good credit card churns, we figured we'd play along with this promo. A bit annoying to have to watch the calendar though. On the first of every month, we move all our spend to these cards and then shut them down when we get to $750. I hope we don't screw up. We're going by "calendar months" since that's how the promo literature seems to read, and I sure hope the bonus miles post without hassle.

BTW, I'm assuming the charges have to POST within a calendar month, right? Since it sometimes takes charges a couple days to post, we've basically been ending our spend on about the 26th of each month to make sure the charges post during the calendar month. A bit of a PITA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.