Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: LUS 757-200 / B75E ETOPS "East" (transat) [NONE LEFT Dec 2017]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 30, 2015, 6:00 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Legacy US Airways "East" "Transatlantic" ETOPS version of Boeing 757-200 (B75E)

Up front: This aircraft had three rows of 2 x 2 "Envoy" class 60" pitch, 19.5" wide angled flat seats in 2 x 2 configuration (12 seats).

Originally Posted by arc727
4 Dec 2017 So, interestingly enough, there are no more 757s flying around in the "East" configuration. The last one, N941UW, was retired just a few days ago. Meanwhile, N939UW and N206UW were converted to the "Hawaii" configuration with domestic First seats.
Link to SeatGuru seating chart.

Seat 1-C from aztimm
  • Seat 3A is said to have impaired recline

• 3D will usually be blocked for the PNF (Pilot Not Flying) on transatlantic flights.

• The forward cabin has one lav forward and port (left).

In Economy: Mostly 32" pitch, 17" width seats in 3 x 3 configuration (170 seats).

The good:
  • The greatest seat pitch is in 7A, B, C and F, with no seats close in front of these because of the exit row. 6C and D are in midst of the exit row.

• Row 24 are exit row seats with great seat pitch.

• All these are narrower, with immovable arm rests holding the folded tray tabe. Exit row seats can be colder. Under seat bags may be restricted in the seats in front of you.
The bad:
  • Row 23 is against the aft bulkhead in this cabin section, against the lavs; they do not recline.

• Row 32 is the last row and close to the galley and it's attendant noise.
Beginning in April 2018, the B75Es will be put on mainland - Hawaii runs where 757-200s are used; the existing B75H will be returned to their lessor. (Thanks to TWA884 - see here.)

Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: LUS 757-200 / B75E ETOPS "East" (transat) [NONE LEFT Dec 2017]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2014, 9:06 am

Programs: spirit elite, MRgold Hilton Gold
there are two types of 757-200 the old east style which has three rows of f with envoy style seats, and the old west style which has 4 rows on the a side and 3 on the d side. the west used to be used almost exclusivly for hawaii routes but it seams since the merger they can and have been using them on some other flights.
Old Nov 10, 2014, 9:23 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, HH Diamond, National Executive
It looks like this is the envoy style seating. Any issue with choosing row 3 then? Is it like standard envoy where you cannot put anything under the seat anyways?
Old Nov 10, 2014, 10:16 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat, AMEX Plat, Hertz PC, Travels too Much Platinum
Originally Posted by WiscAZ
It looks like this is the envoy style seating. Any issue with choosing row 3 then? Is it like standard envoy where you cannot put anything under the seat anyways?
Not sure what you mean by that - I stick my shoulder bag underneath the seat ahead on the "Envoy 757" and 767 (there's a small cutout) all the time, as well as under the footrest on the A330. Overheads aren't usually full either, especially on the 757 and A330, where seat density is low and boarding occurs to the rear of the business class cabin.
Old Nov 10, 2014, 10:32 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, HH Diamond, National Executive
Ok I understand. I've had other flights with lie flat seats where nothing could be in front of you. I will choose row 3. Thanks!
Old Nov 18, 2014, 11:14 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Hyatt Platinum
Seat Advice

Having spent some decent amount of time on US TATL 752s in the past few weeks, I wanted to offer some thoughts:

6D and 6E are definitely the best seats. Being in a pair is much nicer.

7A and 7F have severely restricted legroom due to the exit slide.

7C is good but lots of people will wait for the restroom in front of you.

4D,E,F look fine for non-tall people.

There is no bassinet on board. There was an infuriated set of parents who thought they had the bassinet only to discover that 752s don't have one. The GA kept saying "they weren't loaded for this flight". Why can't the website just say that bassinets don't exist on 752s and be done with the issue rather than having to make things up?

Breakfast is just a "muffin top" - it's almost like US is playing a joke on you. No yogurt. No nuts/dried fruit/regular fruit. Not even an entire muffin. Just the top of a muffin.
Old Jan 19, 2015, 8:07 pm

Programs: moka Lifetime
Too dig up a really old thread.....

Has anyone flown this route recently? Is US still flying the old config 757 or are the seats updated?
Old Jan 19, 2015, 9:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Lifetime Plat, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by moka

Has anyone flown this route recently? Is US still flying the old config 757 or are the seats updated?
I'm flying PHL-AMS in a couple weeks in Envoy and can confirm it's still a 757-200 (the "v3" config on SeatGuru).

Here's a general thread about the A/C with more recent feedback about seating, IFE, etc.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-ai...thread-17.html
Old Jan 20, 2015, 1:58 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Rewards Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by moka

I flew it last month, in Coach, but had an exit row seat 10A. If I couldn't get upgraded or at least an exit row seat, I would take a different airline. There was a tall(6'6") Dutch man sitting behind me in row 11 that walked off the plane, saying he literally could not jam himself into his seat. He got back on 2 minutes later after the gate agent told him there would be no available seat on another flight and he would lose the value of his ticket if he didn't get back on. Another passenger with a bulkhead seat (I think, I couldn't see it) swapped with him to get away from a baby that was in the seat next to him.
Man, flying has really gone downhill in the last 10 years...
Old Jan 20, 2015, 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by CLTUSCAPTIVE
I flew it last month, in Coach, but had an exit row seat 10A. If I couldn't get upgraded or at least an exit row seat, I would take a different airline.
757 downhill? I flew the exact same plane 10 years ago. That was when there were still four rows in Envoy class; same lousy seats. Most airlines (including US) have vastly improved the J experience (180 degree lie flat seats) - travelling in the front of the plane usually is a pretty good experience nowadays. The 757 is not the best, but the 32 inch pitch in Y is better than the 30 inch pitch in BA Club Europe (BA European business class). Did I mention 10 abreast in the AA 77W with a 31 inch pitch?

The 757 is old, we have on average become fatter over the last ten years so the seats may feel more tight, but the 757 is the same it was 10 years ago, and its seats in Y may be more generous than those on newer planes.
Old Jan 20, 2015, 2:55 pm
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
Originally Posted by Zaynab
757 downhill? I flew the exact same plane 10 years ago. That was when there were still four rows in Envoy class; same lousy seats. Most airlines (including US) have vastly improved the J experience (180 degree lie flat seats) - travelling in the front of the plane usually is a pretty good experience nowadays. The 757 is not the best, but the 32 inch pitch in Y is better than the 30 inch pitch in BA Club Europe (BA European business class). Did I mention 10 abreast in the AA 77W with a 31 inch pitch?

The 757 is old, we have on average become fatter over the last ten years so the seats may feel more tight, but the 757 is the same it was 10 years ago, and its seats in Y may be more generous than those on newer planes.
10 years ago we were still in the Dave Siegel era fighting to stay alive in the 2nd bankruptcy of the decade, though the HP merger was under way (and completed in May 2005). He and the braintrust in the Crystal City, VA HQ removed 4 of the 6 rows of F. I don't think the 757's were flying TA at that point yet. The exclusive 6 row F cabin you entered by turning left upon entering the plane was no more.

After DP and company took over, they took 2 rows of Envoy seats out of the A330 fleet (thereby reducing the J cabin from 36 to 24 in those planes) and created 3 Envoy rows in the 757 that we see today.

I think it's a wait and see approach now. The AA 75L fleet has angled lie flat seats in the front cabin, which are a step up from the US East 757 fleet. We'll likely see some kind of a cabin refurb to put true lie flat in the 757 equipment that flies the premium routes (as UA and DL already have), while others get retired or refurbed to match the new AA 757 domestic layout.

Last edited by PHL; Jan 21, 2015 at 9:22 am
Old Jan 23, 2015, 4:28 pm

Programs: AA Plat (Former USAir DM Gold) OW Sapphire, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by smilinganddialing
Breakfast is just a "muffin top" - it's almost like US is playing a joke on you. No yogurt. No nuts/dried fruit/regular fruit. Not even an entire muffin. Just the top of a muffin.
Those things are by far the WORST thing I have ever eaten on an aircraft. Served them to us CLT-DUB on the 752, I couldn't believe how bad.
Old Jan 24, 2015, 12:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Originally Posted by CLTUSCAPTIVE
I flew it last month, in Coach, but had an exit row seat 10A. If I couldn't get upgraded or at least an exit row seat, I would take a different airline. There was a tall(6'6") Dutch man sitting behind me in row 11 that walked off the plane, saying he literally could not jam himself into his seat. He got back on 2 minutes later after the gate agent told him there would be no available seat on another flight and he would lose the value of his ticket if he didn't get back on. Another passenger with a bulkhead seat (I think, I couldn't see it) swapped with him to get away from a baby that was in the seat next to him.
That 6"6' Dutch man would have had the same problem had he flown on a 763 or 777 or 747. For regular Y seating, the seat pitch on a 757 is the same as a widebody.
Old Jan 24, 2015, 2:07 am

Originally Posted by Cactus1857
Those things are by far the WORST thing I have ever eaten on an aircraft. Served them to us CLT-DUB on the 752, I couldn't believe how bad.
Fortunately that's not all we serve for breakfast now, you still get a muffin-top but you also get a Emerald Breakfast On The Go Snack Pack, NatureBox Dried Fruit Snack Pack and a Yogurt.

BTW, if you fly CLT-DUB this summer, it will be on an A330-200 instead if the ghastly European 757.
Old Feb 5, 2015, 7:34 am

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Is it normal for US to show exit row as unavailable [few months before departure], even though EF shows them as free?

CP is the only passenger on the reservation.

Old Feb 9, 2015, 9:32 am

I was considering travelling this on the PHL-LHR day flight in May this year (on a paid business class ticket). Presumably it's still a seat rather than a bed (flat or angled)? I notice that it has a BA codeshare so I'm surprised it's allowed as part of the AA/BA/IB/AY JBA.

I'll be heading from DCA and this day flight allows a connection from there in time to get the service - I don't think the BA178 does.

As someone used to Club World and the AA Cirrus seat, is this a compromise too far?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.