Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 21, 2017, 11:02 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
The AA (Legacy US Airways) Airbus Industrie A330-200

AA announced retirement of the A330-200 in the Oct 2020 earnings report.

Status of reconfiguration
N279AY - NEW
N280AY - NEW
N281AY - NEW
N282AY - NEW
N283AY - NEW
N284AY - NEW
N285AY - NEW
N286AY - NEW
N287AY - NEW
N288AY - NEW
N289AY - NEW
N290AY - NEW
N291AY - NEW
N292AY - NEW
N293AY - NEW
UNDER CONSTRUCTION

NOTE: The 15 A330-200 (with Rolls Royce Trent 700 engines) are being retained and updated. (The nine Pratt & Whitney equipped A330-300s have been scheduled for retirement (return to lessor at lease end) by late 2018 due to poor "fit" in the AA fleet (link).) The A330-200s will continue, however, and the launch of the retrofitted A330-200 will see
  • 20 Zodiac "Envoy" type Business seats in a 1-2-1 layout (1 blocked for pilot rest)
  • 21 Premium Economy (B/E Aerospace) seats in a 2-3-2 layout
  • 50 Main Cabin Extra seats (same seats as Y, just greater seat pitch) 2-4-2 (2 blocked for customers requiring customer assistance)
  • Main Cabin / Economy seats also 2-4-2
  • Ku band satellite based Panasonic WiFi
  • Individual personal entertainment screens for every seat
  • Seat power
  • Noise reduction headsets - Bose in Business, others for Premium Economy

Premium Economy and extended Main Cabin Extra has been installed on the A330-200 fleet. Until 15 Jan 2018, PE seats were available to Elites as MCE on those aircraft with PE; PE are available for sale on that date.

Link to A330-200 PE and MCE additions article on The Points Guy

Link to Combined AA Fleet page

Link to (non-AA) American Fleet Site, A330-200 page.

For the specific thread about the Zodiac "Envoy" Business seat, please see AA A330 "Envoy" Lie Flat All Aisle Access Business Seats (master thread)

Also see the older, archived thread on Envoy seating on the A330: A330-200 Envoy Suites

Link to Seatguru for AA A330-200

Envoy / Business (20):
* Rows 1 to 7, 4 across, private "suites", all aisle access
* Seats A and H have windows and angle out toward windows
* Seats C and F are both in the middle, angle in toward center (no windows)
* In seat entertainment with personally selectable programming
* Bose noise reduction headsets on long-haul International flights
* Empower 110 VAC / 150 VA and USB power

Premium Economy (21):
* Rows 6, 7 and 8 in 2-3-2 layout
* Seat pitch 38"
* Seat width 18.5"
* Non-Bose noise reduction headsets on longhaul
* Empower 110 VAC / 150 VA and USB power

Main Cabin Extra (54):
* Bulkhead and Exit seats
* Others seem to be in non-standard layout
* Seat width 16.3-17.8"
* Empower 110 VAC / 150 VA

Economy (152):
* Seat pitch 31-32"
* Seat width 16.3-17.8"
* Exits at row 23
* Empower 110 VAC / 150 VA

New Livery (AA-style) of the A330-300: A333 in New Livery

Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost to update; contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)

Print Wikipost

Airbus A330-200 / 332 [master thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2011, 11:22 pm
CLT

Programs: AA EXP (Former US CP)
Adjustable Headrests in Y on A332

I've seen pics of Y class on the A332. The seats look very comfortable, however it looks to me they just added the new A32S seats onto the A332, albeit with PTVs. The seats do not have adjustable headrests in Y, which almost every airline has in their Y class on international flights. I personally need the headrests to fall asleep in Y, especially if I am not seated next to a window seat.

Does US have any plans to add them on?
Old Sep 5, 2011, 5:28 pm

Smile US Air flt 742 from PCN to BCN

I'm on this flt. Oct. 13th (Airbus 330-200) & was wondering if any of YOU have been on it before. I was particularly interested in knowing how the new Envoy seats are in the 1st class/business class section, & how the service is. I've read such horrible things about US Air trans-atlantic flts & the poor service, that I'd like to know if any of YOU may had any experiences on this particular flt. I've always trusted & valued the information I've received from this site, so I look forward to hearing from you.
Old Sep 5, 2011, 6:06 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Welcome to Flyertalk, Carlee55. I am moving your thread to the US Forum.
Please follow there
Thanks...
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator
Old Sep 5, 2011, 6:20 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Welcome to Flyertalk Carlee55!

I'm assuming you mean flight 842 between PHL and BCN (PCN is here, in New Zealand).

I'll merge this thread into the US A330-200 thread, as service is fairly consistent between the gateway airport and Europe on the same aircraft. The primary variable is the crew.

Thanks.

aztimm
Old Sep 5, 2011, 8:47 pm

Programs: None
I think nearly everyone thinks that the -200 Envoy seats (Suites) are better than the -300, especially if you don't count row 1 on the -300 which has lie-flat horizontal seats.

The soft product is common across the -200 and -300 - menus, beverages, etc. I think the IFE has somewhat larger screens on the -200. As aztimm said, the crew can affect the service either way, good or bad.

Jim
Old Sep 6, 2011, 6:24 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by Carlee55
I'm on this flt. Oct. 13th (Airbus 330-200) & was wondering if any of YOU have been on it before. I was particularly interested in knowing how the new Envoy seats are in the 1st class/business class section, & how the service is. I've read such horrible things about US Air trans-atlantic flts & the poor service, that I'd like to know if any of YOU may had any experiences on this particular flt. I've always trusted & valued the information I've received from this site, so I look forward to hearing from you.
Many of the neg reviews here are out of date or due to bad FA experience.The A300-200 in Envoy suite in general is an excellent experience for trans-Atlantic business class. FA attitude is occasionally a neg but usually fine. Having flown most *A business class over the last couple years, US is a good as any in all categories and better in most. Bed is comfortable, IFE decent screen size and selection, privacy is best in class. Food is generally quite good (but did have a dry steak last week) and dramatically better than the past. Envoy lounge in PHL is only surpassed by VS (pseudo *A airline). Ground services are MUCH better now. Avoid A300-300, the hard product is in terrible shape, probably b/c they're getting the suite upgrade soon.

I can't believe I'm being so positive about US but things have really improved in my key areas - seat, privacy, food, IFE, lounges - after years being in last place. They now average up well against their *A carriers.
Old Jan 21, 2012, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Is there a master list of all routes served by the A332?
Old Feb 22, 2012, 11:47 am

Originally Posted by GrizShel
Can't find a single post on the best seats in economy. Your thoughts?

Does Row 25 have extra leg room? Seat map appears to show Row 21 - 23 - 25 on the left side and Row 21 - 25 on the right side with the intermediate row numbers missing. Only the 24 row number appears to be missing in the middle section of coach.
Does anyone have any thoughts on this question? I'm facing the same issue - it looks like row 25 has extra leg room, but seatguru shows a different map than what's coming up on the US Air website. I'm wondering if there's actually extra leg room or if the bathroom is in front of that seat and there's no extra room. Anyone have some advice on which coach seats are best on the A330-200?
Old Mar 29, 2012, 3:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by BoeingBoy
I think nearly everyone thinks that the -200 Envoy seats (Suites) are better than the -300, especially if you don't count row 1 on the -300 which has lie-flat horizontal seats.

The soft product is common across the -200 and -300 - menus, beverages, etc. I think the IFE has somewhat larger screens on the -200. As aztimm said, the crew can affect the service either way, good or bad.

Jim
Good thing I read this. I had 3 seats on row 1 booked up. Have opted for row 2 now.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 7:53 am

Programs: BA Gold, American Airlines, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by lallyr
Good thing I read this. I had 3 seats on row 1 booked up. Have opted for row 2 now.

Row 1 is the best row on all of the A330s (-200, -300 with suites, or -300 with old seats)???
Old Mar 29, 2012, 8:07 am

Programs: None
First, when is your flight? If after April/May there shouldn't be any A330's without the suites left. Is your flight scheduled for a 330-200 or -300? The -200 all have suites, the -300's will all have suites by April/May.

If you originally booked row 1 to get the old style lie-flat seats and your flight isn't till April/May or later, you might as well pick seats where-ever you prefer (row 2?) since those old style seats should be all gone by then.

Jim
Old Mar 29, 2012, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BoeingBoy
First, when is your flight? If after April/May there shouldn't be any A330's without the suites left. Is your flight scheduled for a 330-200 or -300? The -200 all have suites, the -300's will all have suites by April/May.

If you originally booked row 1 to get the old style lie-flat seats and your flight isn't till April/May or later, you might as well pick seats where-ever you prefer (row 2?) since those old style seats should be all gone by then.

Jim
I am booked man-PHL on the 330-300 in June. Seat map shows the new biz. I read someplace that on the 333 the row 1 does not have the suite seats? Have booked up row 2 now. Is that right or are all seats same now?
Old Mar 29, 2012, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
I am booked man-PHL on the 330-300 in June. Seat map shows the new biz. I read someplace that on the 333 the row 1 does not have the suite seats? Have booked up row 2 now. Is that right or are all seats same now?
The A333 had sleeper seats in row 1, and recliners everywhere else. They have been transitioning to suites throughout. Row 1 guarantees you flat-beds though, regardless of config.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by joshwex90
The A333 had sleeper seats in row 1, and recliners everywhere else. They have been transitioning to suites throughout. Row 1 guarantees you flat-beds though, regardless of config.
What about leg space wise? Has row 1 got more or less space? Anyway so no differance between row 1 and 2? Where is the tv in row 1?
Old Mar 29, 2012, 10:48 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
What about leg space wise? Has row 1 got more or less space? Anyway so no differance between row 1 and 2? Where is the tv in row 1?
US has 9 A330-300's.

As of now, there are only 2 A330-300's flying with the flat beds in row 1, which is a private mini cabin. You have all the legroom you could possibly want. The TV comes out of the arm rest.

Row 2-5 on the old config A330-300 will be the recliner style seats, not fully flat, and they also have the personal TV come out of the arm rest. The legroom is still generous in row 2, and you have a bulkhead in front of you. Even in a window seat, it is easy to get up and step around/over the person on the aisle without disturbing them.

There are 5 A330-300's flying with the new config, where all rows 1-7 are the new suites that are fully flat, and the TV is built into the console of the back of the seat in front of you. Legroom is generous and every seat is on an aisle (layout is 1 - 2 - 1).

The remaining 2 A330-300's are being refurb'ed right now and, within a month or two will be flying with the new suite layout. Then those 2 I mentioned above will go in and all 330-300's in operation will have the suites.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.