Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 21, 2017, 11:02 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
The AA (Legacy US Airways) Airbus Industrie A330-200

AA announced retirement of the A330-200 in the Oct 2020 earnings report.

Status of reconfiguration
N279AY - NEW
N280AY - NEW
N281AY - NEW
N282AY - NEW
N283AY - NEW
N284AY - NEW
N285AY - NEW
N286AY - NEW
N287AY - NEW
N288AY - NEW
N289AY - NEW
N290AY - NEW
N291AY - NEW
N292AY - NEW
N293AY - NEW
UNDER CONSTRUCTION

NOTE: The 15 A330-200 (with Rolls Royce Trent 700 engines) are being retained and updated. (The nine Pratt & Whitney equipped A330-300s have been scheduled for retirement (return to lessor at lease end) by late 2018 due to poor "fit" in the AA fleet (link).) The A330-200s will continue, however, and the launch of the retrofitted A330-200 will see
  • 20 Zodiac "Envoy" type Business seats in a 1-2-1 layout (1 blocked for pilot rest)
  • 21 Premium Economy (B/E Aerospace) seats in a 2-3-2 layout
  • 50 Main Cabin Extra seats (same seats as Y, just greater seat pitch) 2-4-2 (2 blocked for customers requiring customer assistance)
  • Main Cabin / Economy seats also 2-4-2
  • Ku band satellite based Panasonic WiFi
  • Individual personal entertainment screens for every seat
  • Seat power
  • Noise reduction headsets - Bose in Business, others for Premium Economy

Premium Economy and extended Main Cabin Extra has been installed on the A330-200 fleet. Until 15 Jan 2018, PE seats were available to Elites as MCE on those aircraft with PE; PE are available for sale on that date.

Link to A330-200 PE and MCE additions article on The Points Guy

Link to Combined AA Fleet page

Link to (non-AA) American Fleet Site, A330-200 page.

For the specific thread about the Zodiac "Envoy" Business seat, please see AA A330 "Envoy" Lie Flat All Aisle Access Business Seats (master thread)

Also see the older, archived thread on Envoy seating on the A330: A330-200 Envoy Suites

Link to Seatguru for AA A330-200

Envoy / Business (20):
* Rows 1 to 7, 4 across, private "suites", all aisle access
* Seats A and H have windows and angle out toward windows
* Seats C and F are both in the middle, angle in toward center (no windows)
* In seat entertainment with personally selectable programming
* Bose noise reduction headsets on long-haul International flights
* Empower 110 VAC / 150 VA and USB power

Premium Economy (21):
* Rows 6, 7 and 8 in 2-3-2 layout
* Seat pitch 38"
* Seat width 18.5"
* Non-Bose noise reduction headsets on longhaul
* Empower 110 VAC / 150 VA and USB power

Main Cabin Extra (54):
* Bulkhead and Exit seats
* Others seem to be in non-standard layout
* Seat width 16.3-17.8"
* Empower 110 VAC / 150 VA

Economy (152):
* Seat pitch 31-32"
* Seat width 16.3-17.8"
* Exits at row 23
* Empower 110 VAC / 150 VA

New Livery (AA-style) of the A330-300: A333 in New Livery

Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost to update; contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)

Print Wikipost

Airbus A330-200 / 332 [master thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2011, 12:35 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Airbus A330-200 / 332 [master thread]

reserving this space for major points about the aircraft, seatguru/airline links, etc.

Please feel free to add any input below and I'll copy/paste it here.

According to the US Airways website, Capacity: 258 seats (20 Envoy/238 Economy)

For the specific thread about the Envoy Business seat, please see LUS A330 "Envoy" Lie Flat All Aisle Access Business Seats (master thread)

Also see the older, archived thread on Envoy seating on the A330:
A330-200 Envoy Suites

Last edited by JDiver; Jul 21, 2017 at 11:18 pm Reason: Update / Add Seat Map PDF JUKY 2017 with 21 PEY, 50 MCE?
Old Feb 19, 2011, 8:34 pm

Programs: US C.P.
envoy suite

Has anyone been in the 1st row of the envoy suites? Where is the t.v. On the second row and back, it is on the back of the seat in front of you, but in the 1st row, there naturally isn´t a row in front of you. Is it a non adjustable tv on the wall of the bulkhead or is there a half pod on the bulkhead exactly simulating the back of a row, including storage unit, foot rest and tv. In other words, is there a disadvantge to being in the first row? Thanks.
Old Feb 19, 2011, 9:33 pm

Programs: AA Plat
Half pod. (1/8th pod?)

See: http://www.airliners.net/photo/US-Ai...52830ecffabacd

and http://thepointsguy.com/2015/08/us-a...-class-review/

Last edited by JDiver; Mar 1, 2017 at 9:55 am Reason: Add URL
Old Feb 19, 2011, 9:41 pm

Programs: US C.P.
Thanks DC
Old Feb 22, 2011, 3:51 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro
A330-200!

Sitting in the Star Alliance lounge in LHR getting ready to board my flight to PHL. Haven't going any champagne, the lounge us busy!
Can't wait to try out the new Envoy Suites!!!!!
Old Feb 22, 2011, 3:59 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro
Found it

Well finally found the champagne and quieter lounge!
Old Feb 22, 2011, 4:50 am

Programs: Amex switch hitter
suggestion for wife and me

Is it better to sit side by side or by the windows with the new suite?
Old Feb 22, 2011, 6:23 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by Facedoc
Is it better to sit side by side or by the windows with the new suite?
I assume you mean, if traveling with a significant other or colleague/friend? There are some threads in this forum that debate this issue at length with no true consensus AFAICT. In my experience with US pods and similar on VS and AC, no arrangement is convenient for real conversation.

In order of preference: across the aisle > two center > front to back

I'm curious if others know which across the aisle pair is best but if you really will want to talk to your partner better choose a different cabin configuration. That said, comfort and sleep can be better for your relationship than conversation.

Last edited by PittDoc; Feb 22, 2011 at 6:30 am
Old Feb 22, 2011, 9:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat, AMEX Plat, Hertz PC, Travels too Much Platinum
I think I'm only going to book row 1 on A330-200 flights until they get the A330-300s upgraded. For the fourth of six times this year, an A333 showed up today when I was expecting an A332 with the suites on US 755 CDG-PHL. Fortunately, I'd learned my lesson from when this happened before and had 1H booked - which held on the A333, so I at least had a lie-flat seat.

Now, after talking to the crew, the equipment swap avoided a mechanical cancellation of 754 PHL-CDG on Mon 21 Feb, so I am grateful that an aircraft showed up, and that although 754 was 2 hrs late into CDG, my flight was on time.
Old Feb 22, 2011, 9:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat, AMEX Plat, Hertz PC, Travels too Much Platinum
Originally Posted by IzzyL
Well finally found the champagne and quieter lounge!
In LHR, they should have sent you to the BMI lounge, which I find to be less busy and nicer than the Star Alliance lounge, albeit a longer walk from the gate US usually uses.
Old Feb 26, 2011, 2:54 pm

A330-200 seat question:

So it's not looking good for using my CP upgrade cert on outbound PHL-MUC flight. But the back of the plane on March 23 PHL-MUC looks pretty empty. Right now I'm in 34H and so far the seat next to me is empty.

Here are my questions:

1) Does the armrest between the seats towards the rear of the plane go up? It's been awhile since I flew in the back and if I remember there was a few seats that were made so that the armrest can't go up. Defeating the purpose of empty seat. I wish seatguru.com showed when armrest don't move.

2) Where would you put yourself on the seat map to try and luck out with an empty seat on a PHL-MUC flight? Window with aisle open? Or maybe one of the two middle seats out of 4?

Kevin L.
Twitter @Leidecker4
Old Feb 26, 2011, 5:49 pm

Programs: USAirways CP
Originally Posted by mister880
So it's not looking good for using my CP upgrade cert on outbound PHL-MUC flight. But the back of the plane on March 23 PHL-MUC looks pretty empty. Right now I'm in 34H and so far the seat next to me is empty.

Here are my questions:

1) Does the armrest between the seats towards the rear of the plane go up? It's been awhile since I flew in the back and if I remember there was a few seats that were made so that the armrest can't go up. Defeating the purpose of empty seat. I wish seatguru.com showed when armrest don't move.

2) Where would you put yourself on the seat map to try and luck out with an empty seat on a PHL-MUC flight? Window with aisle open? Or maybe one of the two middle seats out of 4?

Kevin L.
Twitter @Leidecker4
I"m not sure what thread it was in but someone mentioned that virtually all of the armrests DO go up. Some you just pull up, others have a button underneath it that you have to find. I believe it was a FA that mentioned this.

Maybe someone else can point you to the right thread.
Old Mar 3, 2011, 9:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PittDoc
In my experience with US pods and similar on VS and AC, no arrangement is convenient for real conversation.
I think it's totally different. In the VS/AC suites you're facing away from each other. In the US suites you're facing toward one another. Now, your heads are closer in the VS suites, but I would think it's easier to converse facing each other in the US suites.
Old Mar 8, 2011, 7:08 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium.;UA 1.5MM; UA Lifetime Gold (whoppee); DL Plat
Coach seat/ food service--international

Best seats in coach on this plane?
Can *A gold get exit row seats before check-in?
Coach menu?
Old Mar 9, 2011, 8:37 pm

Programs: US CP, DL SM, Marriott Silver, Amex Plat
I'll be on this plane tomorrow PHL-MUC and return in 2 weeks MUC-PHL.

I'm interested to see how these envoy seats compare, but have to be better than what was previously there. Only wish they had Wi-Fi on transatlantic flights

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.