FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   Airbus A330-200 / 332 [master thread] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1184404-airbus-a330-200-332-master-thread.html)

aztimm Feb 15, 2011 12:35 pm

Airbus A330-200 / 332 [master thread]

1 Attachment(s)
reserving this space for major points about the aircraft, seatguru/airline links, etc.

Please feel free to add any input below and I'll copy/paste it here.

According to the US Airways website, Capacity: 258 seats (20 Envoy/238 Economy)

For the specific thread about the Envoy Business seat, please see LUS A330 "Envoy" Lie Flat All Aisle Access Business Seats (master thread)

Also see the older, archived thread on Envoy seating on the A330:
A330-200 Envoy Suites

itsme110 Feb 19, 2011 8:34 pm

envoy suite

Has anyone been in the 1st row of the envoy suites? Where is the t.v. On the second row and back, it is on the back of the seat in front of you, but in the 1st row, there naturally isnīt a row in front of you. Is it a non adjustable tv on the wall of the bulkhead or is there a half pod on the bulkhead exactly simulating the back of a row, including storage unit, foot rest and tv. In other words, is there a disadvantge to being in the first row? Thanks.

DCAorBust Feb 19, 2011 9:33 pm

Half pod. (1/8th pod?)

See: http://www.airliners.net/photo/US-Ai...52830ecffabacd

and http://thepointsguy.com/2015/08/us-a...-class-review/

itsme110 Feb 19, 2011 9:41 pm

Thanks DC

IzzyL Feb 22, 2011 3:51 am

A330-200!

Sitting in the Star Alliance lounge in LHR getting ready to board my flight to PHL. Haven't going any champagne, the lounge us busy!
Can't wait to try out the new Envoy Suites!!!!!

IzzyL Feb 22, 2011 3:59 am

Found it

Well finally found the champagne and quieter lounge!

Facedoc Feb 22, 2011 4:50 am

suggestion for wife and me

Is it better to sit side by side or by the windows with the new suite?

PittDoc Feb 22, 2011 6:23 am

Originally Posted by Facedoc (Post 15909117)
Is it better to sit side by side or by the windows with the new suite?

I assume you mean, if traveling with a significant other or colleague/friend? There are some threads in this forum that debate this issue at length with no true consensus AFAICT. In my experience with US pods and similar on VS and AC, no arrangement is convenient for real conversation.

In order of preference: across the aisle > two center > front to back

I'm curious if others know which across the aisle pair is best but if you really will want to talk to your partner better choose a different cabin configuration. That said, comfort and sleep can be better for your relationship than conversation.

phlwookie Feb 22, 2011 9:57 pm

I think I'm only going to book row 1 on A330-200 flights until they get the A330-300s upgraded. For the fourth of six times this year, an A333 showed up today when I was expecting an A332 with the suites on US 755 CDG-PHL. Fortunately, I'd learned my lesson from when this happened before and had 1H booked - which held on the A333, so I at least had a lie-flat seat.

Now, after talking to the crew, the equipment swap avoided a mechanical cancellation of 754 PHL-CDG on Mon 21 Feb, so I am grateful that an aircraft showed up, and that although 754 was 2 hrs late into CDG, my flight was on time.

phlwookie Feb 22, 2011 9:59 pm

Originally Posted by IzzyL (Post 15908995)
Well finally found the champagne and quieter lounge!

In LHR, they should have sent you to the BMI lounge, which I find to be less busy and nicer than the Star Alliance lounge, albeit a longer walk from the gate US usually uses.

mister880 Feb 26, 2011 2:54 pm

A330-200 seat question:

So it's not looking good for using my CP upgrade cert on outbound PHL-MUC flight. But the back of the plane on March 23 PHL-MUC looks pretty empty. Right now I'm in 34H and so far the seat next to me is empty.

Here are my questions:

1) Does the armrest between the seats towards the rear of the plane go up? It's been awhile since I flew in the back and if I remember there was a few seats that were made so that the armrest can't go up. Defeating the purpose of empty seat. I wish seatguru.com showed when armrest don't move.

2) Where would you put yourself on the seat map to try and luck out with an empty seat on a PHL-MUC flight? Window with aisle open? Or maybe one of the two middle seats out of 4?

Kevin L.
Twitter @Leidecker4

richinaz Feb 26, 2011 5:49 pm

Originally Posted by mister880 (Post 15938025)
So it's not looking good for using my CP upgrade cert on outbound PHL-MUC flight. But the back of the plane on March 23 PHL-MUC looks pretty empty. Right now I'm in 34H and so far the seat next to me is empty.

Here are my questions:

1) Does the armrest between the seats towards the rear of the plane go up? It's been awhile since I flew in the back and if I remember there was a few seats that were made so that the armrest can't go up. Defeating the purpose of empty seat. I wish seatguru.com showed when armrest don't move.

2) Where would you put yourself on the seat map to try and luck out with an empty seat on a PHL-MUC flight? Window with aisle open? Or maybe one of the two middle seats out of 4?

Kevin L.
Twitter @Leidecker4

I"m not sure what thread it was in but someone mentioned that virtually all of the armrests DO go up. Some you just pull up, others have a button underneath it that you have to find. I believe it was a FA that mentioned this.

Maybe someone else can point you to the right thread.

ijgordon Mar 3, 2011 9:12 pm

Originally Posted by PittDoc (Post 15909405)
In my experience with US pods and similar on VS and AC, no arrangement is convenient for real conversation.

I think it's totally different. In the VS/AC suites you're facing away from each other. In the US suites you're facing toward one another. Now, your heads are closer in the VS suites, but I would think it's easier to converse facing each other in the US suites.

boss315 Mar 8, 2011 7:08 pm

Coach seat/ food service--international

Best seats in coach on this plane?
Can *A gold get exit row seats before check-in?
Coach menu?

bossku69 Mar 9, 2011 8:37 pm

I'll be on this plane tomorrow PHL-MUC and return in 2 weeks MUC-PHL.

I'm interested to see how these envoy seats compare, but have to be better than what was previously there. Only wish they had Wi-Fi on transatlantic flights