Community
Wiki Posts
Search

US Airways Mastercard - 50,000 bonus points (40,000 easy)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2013, 10:34 am

50,000 miles

How do I get this card. the only links I can find are for 40,000 miles with yearly 89 fee. Thank you!!!
Old Apr 8, 2013, 12:51 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
If you can still find the 40,000 miles, jump on it. The 50,000 may include a 10,000 mile balance transfer.

And welcome to Flyer Talk !
Old Apr 10, 2013, 1:13 pm

Programs: DL DM; 2MM
Anniversary bonus ?

To which card does the 10k anniversary bonus apply ?
I have had my card since 2008 with the $79 annual fee - but never received an anniversary bonus.

Update: I called and was told this bonus applies only to the $89-annual-fee card ..... Arrggggg

Last edited by Travelomania; Apr 10, 2013 at 1:25 pm
Old Apr 11, 2013, 11:28 am

I just received the $89 annual fee card. One of the benefits was : Zone 2 boarding and First Class check-in. Do I have to do something special to get it? I have printed my boarding pass, but it still says Zone 3. I was expecting that my BP will say Zone 2.

Thanks for your reply.

Subodh Gupta.
Old Apr 11, 2013, 1:41 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Silver
Question

Anyone ever receive bonus miles for upgrading from the regular World Master Card ($49/yr) to the Premier World Master Card ($89). Just wondering if that's possible or if we have to reapply for the Premier to get more bonus miles?

Anyone ever been given bonus miles for opening a 2nd card and then had them taken away?
Old May 12, 2013, 11:24 pm

Originally Posted by subodhgupta
I just received the $89 annual fee card. One of the benefits was : Zone 2 boarding and First Class check-in. Do I have to do something special to get it? I have printed my boarding pass, but it still says Zone 3. I was expecting that my BP will say Zone 2.

Thanks for your reply.

Subodh Gupta.

I believe those benefits are associated with your US FF#, so you should use that number for your ticket for the benefits.
Old Sep 3, 2013, 4:03 pm

Last year I managed to get half of my annual fee waived and this year they waived the whole amount. Good luck ladies and gentlemen!
Old Oct 16, 2013, 12:22 pm

So I applied for this card back in May and got the bonus. I had read that this card was churnable, so I applied for another one about a week ago.

The request was denied due to already having the product - was I incorrect about this being churnable? Or is it the case that I needed to have canceled the card before applying for a new one?

Or.... do I just need to play call center roulette again :-)
Old Oct 29, 2013, 11:04 pm

I just signed up about a month ago online and got 35k for first purchase, and on board today they offered 40k for first purchase if you signed up onboard. I got robbed!
Old Nov 19, 2013, 11:49 am
aau

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA MM Gold, HHonors Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Plat, IHG Ambassador
I have the no-annual fee card. I downgraded a couple of years ago. I want to apply for the current $89 annual fee card with 30,000 bonus miles after first purchase. Can I "upgrade" my current card and still qualify for the offer? If no, do I need to cancel my current card before applying for the new one? Also, how quickly do the bonus miles post? I don't want to have to wait to pay the annual fee (which seems to be a fulfilling condition for bonus miles).
Old Nov 20, 2013, 8:13 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by regoarrarr
So I applied for this card back in May and got the bonus. I had read that this card was churnable, so I applied for another one about a week ago.

The request was denied due to already having the product - was I incorrect about this being churnable? Or is it the case that I needed to have canceled the card before applying for a new one?

Or.... do I just need to play call center roulette again :-)

It appears churning this card is the ultimate YMMV consideration. I didn't see a thread elsewhere on latest reports, so does anyone have any thoughts? I first got the card in March of this year and want to try to churn it once before it goes away.

Is there a good discussion somewhere of what the consensus is on what factors determine who gets approved and who doesn't on the attempt to get a second card?
Old Nov 20, 2013, 8:57 pm

Programs: UA GOLD MM,WN CP A+list, HH Gold,MR LT Titanium
Originally Posted by thewhitezone
It appears churning this card is the ultimate YMMV consideration. I didn't see a thread elsewhere on latest reports, so does anyone have any thoughts? I first got the card in March of this year and want to try to churn it once before it goes away.

Is there a good discussion somewhere of what the consensus is on what factors determine who gets approved and who doesn't on the attempt to get a second card?
You may want to check out this thread

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...5k-benies.html
Old Dec 5, 2013, 10:58 am

US AIRWAYS 15,000 bonus miles ripoff

Not sure if anyone has the same problem as I have. I received the bonus letter in the mail that says spend $750 in June/July/Aug 2013 to get 15,000 bonus miles. I finished my spending, patiently waited 8 weeks to pass (it's much longer than that already!) .. points did not post and now I wrote a Secure Message in my log in .. here is their response:

Thank you for contacting us regarding your US Airways Dividend Miles World MasterCard. We can certainly address your concern regarding the miles for your account.

Upon reviewing your account, we show you had received an offer to receive 15,000 bonus miles for spending $750.00 each month from July 1, 2013 through September 30, 2013. To qualify for the bonus points you must met the spend qualification in all three months. Our records show that you did not met the qualification, as you did not make any purchases in the month of September. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please reply to this message.

Sincerely,

Customer Service

Has anyone had this similar experience??? I am 10000000% sure that the offer I received was for June/Jul/Aug because I used a sharpie Marker on my CC and wrote down JJA and put a check mark next to each to indicate for myself once I have finished the $750 spending each month. I am extremely upset and not sure where to go from here.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 11:38 am

Programs: Hilton Cubic Zirconia, Marriott Fools Gold
Originally Posted by sasli
Has anyone had this similar experience??? I am 10000000% sure that the offer I received was for June/Jul/Aug because I used a sharpie Marker on my CC and wrote down JJA and put a check mark next to each to indicate for myself once I have finished the $750 spending each month. I am extremely upset and not sure where to go from here.
Do you still have the letter that says June/July/Aug? If so, that seems like a pretty easy way to solve your dilemma. If not, you area likely at the mercy of Barclay's.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.