Community
Wiki Posts
Search

US Airways Mastercard - 50,000 bonus points (40,000 easy)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2012, 9:48 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by satman40
My wife got a deal charge $1250.00 for the next 3 months and get 15,000 extra miles...

Called them they would not give it to me....

We both applied same trip, and both have the 40k, each.
Barclay's/US has made this offer to various cardholders in rolling three-month windows since the fall. I have not yet received it either. I have a suspicion, however, that given the rolling nature of this promo, it's just a matter of time before it gets to many more cardholders.

Don't throw away your USAirways junk mail and keep checking your emails. I think you'll eventually get an offer.
Old Apr 30, 2012, 9:39 am

Programs: Delta, AA, Hilton, Priority Club, USAir, American Express Membership Rewards, Ultimate Rew, United
My annual fee has come due on my account and i am ready to cancel. Didn't have luck with Barclays when I called. Must admit, I haven't been a good customer. I have moved 90% of my spend to Chase. I have over 80000 us air miles in my account though. I got a letter in the mail this weekend saying that my annual fee is going to be billed this month and any outstanding reward points or miles may be forfeited. Surely they mean miles not transfered from statement to frequent flyer account? I probably called too early since the annual fee hadn't actually hit the account yet. It will be charged within the month. Thanks for the input.
Old Apr 30, 2012, 9:44 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; Hilton Diamond
You won't lose any miles that have already transferred to your DM account. You will lose any miles you earned in the last month that have yet to transfer.
Old Apr 30, 2012, 3:22 pm

Programs: Delta, AA, Hilton, Priority Club, USAir, American Express Membership Rewards, Ultimate Rew, United
Originally Posted by apeortdz
You won't lose any miles that have already transferred to your DM account. You will lose any miles you earned in the last month that have yet to transfer.
Thanks for the clarification.
Old May 2, 2012, 5:57 pm

If I apply to get the $50.00 off statement credit while booking a flight, when is the annual fee charged? Do they waive the first year?
I don't fly US air enough to take advantage of extra points so that is not a plus for me and we are only flying one way this time so I wouldn't be able to wait to use them for the second passenger since there is only roundtrip awards

Thanks
Old May 4, 2012, 6:37 am

How long do you have to wait to churn the card? My wife and I each received our new cards within the last 2 weeks. 3, 6, ? Months wait till we apply for our next cards?
TIA
Old May 10, 2012, 3:45 pm

Programs: AA, DL, WN, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott, Hyatt
Considering adding this card to an on-going mini app-o-rama. The DM bonus seems pretty good. Am not as familiar with DM though.

For those that have it, do you like this card?
Old May 10, 2012, 4:36 pm

Originally Posted by mondog1
How long do you have to wait to churn the card? My wife and I each received our new cards within the last 2 weeks. 3, 6, ? Months wait till we apply for our next cards?
TIA
From other members, seems best to reapply after 6 months. Seems they have been given more hassle with rejections for those apply too soon or too often. What I am not really sure of is just how many cards they will let anyone churn before being denied or not giving the sign on bonus anymore. Maybe others can clarify this part.

Last edited by sharka; May 10, 2012 at 4:44 pm
Old May 10, 2012, 4:42 pm

Originally Posted by moe8555
I haven't been able to find any concrete info regarding the 10,000 mile anniversary bonus.

I was approved for the World card (the one with the Zone2/First Class benefits).

Can anyone confirm that we will actually receive the 10,000 every year? Has anyone received this ever?

Thanks!
Will post only AFTER the anniversary date, meaning will have to pay the annual card fee to get the extra 10k miles, but still worth the cost as it will mean costing less than 1cent /mile-IMO
Old May 10, 2012, 5:54 pm

Originally Posted by sharka
Will post only AFTER the anniversary date, meaning will have to pay the annual card fee to get the extra 10k miles, but still worth the cost as it will mean costing less than 1cent /mile-IMO
Except I've yet to hear anyone reporting that they've actually received their 10,000 anniversary miles.
Old May 10, 2012, 7:54 pm

Originally Posted by keirnna
Except I've yet to hear anyone reporting that they've actually received their 10,000 anniversary miles.
I believe there have been such reports in the (inexplicably overlapping & duplicative--but I digress) other thread on this same card, http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...5k-benies.html
Old May 13, 2012, 6:05 am

Originally Posted by lwildernorva
Barclay's/US has made this offer to various cardholders in rolling three-month windows since the fall. I have not yet received it either. I have a suspicion, however, that given the rolling nature of this promo, it's just a matter of time before it gets to many more cardholders.

Don't throw away your USAirways junk mail and keep checking your emails. I think you'll eventually get an offer.
I actually received this very same offer via email. Spend $1250 in the months of april may and june and get 15,000 bonus miles.
Old May 16, 2012, 6:44 pm

Originally Posted by mondog1
TIA
Also have this same thought. Is it possible to apply for this card once every 6-9 months without a problem with Barclay? Wonder if anyone done this on a regular basis and what the best way of accomplishing this. PM me if you don't want to announce it. Thanks
Old May 17, 2012, 12:01 pm

Programs: US CP, DL PM
Best bonuses for US air card?

Hi all,
Just a quick question - which is the best way to get the US air card for a first timer-- signing up online through the mostmiles link (posted earlier in the forum), signing up through usairways.com or doing one of those signups while on a flight where they advertise it (or something I'm not thinking of)? Thanks.
Old May 17, 2012, 12:19 pm

Programs: AA, DL, WN, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott, Hyatt
I am pretty sure the offer in the original post is better than the current offer on the US website - more bonus miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.