Community
Wiki Posts
Search

US Airways Mastercard - 50,000 bonus points (40,000 easy)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2012, 8:11 am

Originally Posted by finster869
Does anybody who applied for the card in July of 2011 have their terms and conditions package that was issued with the card? I applied for and received the premier card with the $89 annual fee in July of 2011. I am pretty certain that the offer included 10,000 anniversary miles, but I have not received any. I contacted customer service and they said that is not part of my account. After I indicated I am fairly certain it was part of the offer, they told me I need to provide them with a copy of the terms and conditions showing that to be the case.

Can anybody help me out?
I got my previous card in late Feb. 2011. Here's the relevant section of the T&C that were enclosed (dated 10/2010, version F03-G315-8-1010 CP09-76118):

Old Sep 30, 2012, 11:17 am

Programs: US Chairman's Preferred
Originally Posted by TGGDEL
Data point for those with a card already - I've had my US Air card for about a year.
Reapplied for a second one, based on the successes of some on this post.
Got the 10 day wait email. Called Barclay's to discuss - agent said, based on a new agreement with our credit provider we only allow one card at a time per customer - she was happy to refer me to the Business Card Dept though.
Seems like Barclay's may be tightening access.
Data point: I have had my 1st World Premium US Air card since July of 2011. Saw the nice offer for preferreds ($89 fee waived 1st year; 30,000 miles, 10,000 anniversary miles, etc.) and decided to apply for a 2nd card. Received the "your application is pending review" screen message. Waited about 3 hours, grew impatient, and called the reconsideration line. I told them that I had applied earlier and received the "pending review" message, and wanted to see if they needed any additional information from me. Customer representative (Vinny), was very nice, asked questions about my income, employment and why I wanted a 2nd of the same card. I gave the stock answer of wanting to better track spending in different categories. He put me on hold to check out my credit, came back and told me I had been approved for the 2nd card. There was no need to modify my current credit line, just gave me a 2nd card with a nice credit line (but less than my 1st card). Both cards are already showing up on the usairwaysmastercard website.

Just as a point of reference, I use my 1st card extensively, but pay off the balance in full each month. I also have excellent credit. I am sure those were things were a factor, but this confirms it remains possible to get a 2nd US Airways World Premium card.

Last edited by finster869; Sep 30, 2012 at 11:38 am
Old Sep 30, 2012, 5:18 pm

Nobody answered the previous question about being for "Chairman's Preferred members only". I have no US Air status but would like to apply. I would hate to get turned down and get an inferior offer. Has anyone with no status applied since that verbiage was added. I am looking to do my apps tommorrow.

Thanks
Old Sep 30, 2012, 5:29 pm

Originally Posted by aviator8
Nobody answered the previous question about being for "Chairman's Preferred members only". I have no US Air status but would like to apply. I would hate to get turned down and get an inferior offer. Has anyone with no status applied since that verbiage was added. I am looking to do my apps tommorrow.

Thanks
The card I was just approved for in the post above your post was for any preferred member (not just Chairman). They waived the $89 annual fee first year with the preferred offer, but other than that I don't think it is much different than the current offer that is on the regular portion of the U.S. Air website. For what it is worth, I read on other boards that some people had luck in the past getting the Chairman's offer, even though they did not have chairman's status (i.e. Barclays didn't check to see if they actually had Chairman status).
Old Sep 30, 2012, 5:30 pm

Originally Posted by beltway
I got my previous card in late Feb. 2011. Here's the relevant section of the T&C that were enclosed (dated 10/2010, version F03-G315-8-1010 CP09-76118):

Thank you!
Old Oct 2, 2012, 4:40 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, CC Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, DL PM
I was approved for the Platinum card last Sept. My annual fee just posted as did the 10,000 anniversary miles.
Old Oct 6, 2012, 1:45 pm

Question: If you hit your credit line for the month; pay it down to zero before the month closes, then spend on it again, do you get miles for all spending? In other words, does it have to close with a balance for the spending to count for miles?

Ex: $10,000 credit line. Spend $10,000, send in $10,000 payment before month closes, spend another $5,000. Will you get 15,000 of miles for that month, or just 5,000?
Old Oct 6, 2012, 6:44 pm

Originally Posted by flyguy00
10,000 extra DM after a balance transfer
How much did you have to do on the balance transfer? Their balance transfer fees wipe out any possible point value, so unless they give you the 10,000 points for a very small transfer, it's not worth it, right?
Old Oct 7, 2012, 5:17 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, CC Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, DL PM
Question: If you hit your credit line for the month; pay it down to zero before the month closes, then spend on it again, do you get miles for all spending? In other words, does it have to close with a balance for the spending to count for miles?

Ex: $10,000 credit line. Spend $10,000, send in $10,000 payment before month closes, spend another $5,000. Will you get 15,000 of miles for that month, or just 5,000?
You get the total amount spent - 15,000 miles
Old Oct 7, 2012, 9:23 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold
I was denied for both biz and persoanl card on same day (approved for personal only). How long should I wait before reapplying for the biz card?
Old Oct 7, 2012, 9:23 pm

Programs: ihg priority club, hhonors, united,aa
US Airways Mastercard - 50,000 bonus points (40,000 easy)

I applied for the sign up that said chairman preferred only and was approved. I have NO status. Looks Loki Barclay does not care.
Old Oct 8, 2012, 7:42 am

Originally Posted by kebibl18
I applied for the sign up that said chairman preferred only and was approved. I have NO status. Looks Loki Barclay does not care.
Did you get instant approval via website?
Old Oct 8, 2012, 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by erikt311
Did you get instant approval via website?
my wife and i had the same experience. instant approval. Cards are on the way now.
Old Oct 8, 2012, 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by aviator8
my wife and i had the same experience. instant approval. Cards are on the way now.
Make sure to read, and hold onto, the Terms and Conditions booklet that comes with the cards to make sure that all of the Chairman benefits are contained in the card you receive, and that they don't unilaterally convert you to the non-preferred version of the card (which doesn't have the 10,000 anniversary miles).
Old Oct 8, 2012, 2:44 pm

Make sure to read, and hold onto, the Terms and Conditions booklet that comes with the cards to make sure that all of the Chairman benefits are contained in the card you receive, and that they don't unilaterally convert you to the non-preferred version of the card (which doesn't have the 10,000 anniversary miles).
I always keep all the documentation. Has this been happening to people?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.