Community
Wiki Posts
Search

US Airways Mastercard - 50,000 bonus points (40,000 easy)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2012, 9:11 am

The U.S. Airways Mastercard app with the 40,000 up-front bonus miles (no minimum spend) now says, in multiple places, that it is for Chairman's Preferred members only. Does anyone have experience with this working for non-elites? It seems like a new requirement...
Old Sep 3, 2012, 8:19 pm

Programs: ihg priority club, hhonors, united,aa
Just applied a few weeks ago using that link. Got approved for platinum and the 40k points, club pass and $99 companion pass t&c also state 10,000 points each anniversary.
Old Sep 3, 2012, 8:20 pm

Programs: ihg priority club, hhonors, united,aa
US Airways Mastercard - 50,000 bonus points (40,000 easy)

Forgot to say, I have no status with them.
Old Sep 4, 2012, 8:56 am

Programs: AA PLT the rest, Kettle Power
Data point for those with a card already - I've had my US Air card for about a year.
Reapplied for a second one, based on the successes of some on this post.
Got the 10 day wait email. Called Barclay's to discuss - agent said, based on a new agreement with our credit provider we only allow one card at a time per customer - she was happy to refer me to the Business Card Dept though.
Seems like Barclay's may be tightening access.
Old Sep 4, 2012, 9:44 am

Originally Posted by TGGDEL
Data point for those with a card already - I've had my US Air card for about a year.
Got the 10 day wait email. Called Barclay's to discuss - agent said, based on a new agreement with our credit provider we only allow one card at a time per customer - she was happy to refer me to the Business Card Dept though.
That seems like it's something new. I got my second personal card about six weeks ago and the second batch of 40,000 bonus miles just posted about two weeks ago.

Perhaps US really is tightening up their mileage leaks? Folks in the GS12 thread have speculated that US isn't doing the promo this year because they need to control their mileage float because of US-AA merger discussions...
Old Sep 10, 2012, 6:50 pm

I just called about the annual fee and they waived 1/2 of it so with the 10,000 anniversary miles that really made it worth keeping.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 7:06 pm

Originally Posted by keirnna
I just called about the annual fee and they waived 1/2 of it so with the 10,000 anniversary miles that really made it worth keeping.
Congrats on that. I haven't seen many reports of Barclay's doing much in the way of retention offers. Do you spend much on this card?
Old Sep 10, 2012, 8:55 pm

Originally Posted by Splittin' Aces
Congrats on that. I haven't seen many reports of Barclay's doing much in the way of retention offers. Do you spend much on this card?
I did a BT when I got the card which was already paid off in anticipation of cancelling. Other than that I have never used the card.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 9:08 pm

Well, congrats again. I see that Happy has some questions on the other thread so I'll pick it up from there. Well played!
Old Sep 23, 2012, 1:29 pm

Applied for the card for the first time in the spring, called and cancelled it today. Any thoughts on how long I should wait before re-applying?
Old Sep 24, 2012, 9:33 pm

when did they credit the 10,000 anniversary miles to you account?
Thanks!
Originally Posted by keirnna
Old Sep 29, 2012, 8:31 am

Programs: US Chairman's Preferred
10000 anniversary miles

Does anybody who applied for the card in July of 2011 have their terms and conditions package that was issued with the card? I applied for and received the premier card with the $89 annual fee in July of 2011. I am pretty certain that the offer included 10,000 anniversary miles, but I have not received any. I contacted customer service and they said that is not part of my account. After I indicated I am fairly certain it was part of the offer, they told me I need to provide them with a copy of the terms and conditions showing that to be the case.

Can anybody help me out?
Old Sep 29, 2012, 4:13 pm

I already have the US Airways Premium Mastercard. My wife just received mail from Barclay's offering her the card with 40,000 sign up miles. Can my wife sign up for the card, and have the miles credited to my frequent flyer account, or do the miles have to be tied to the primary cardholder's frequent flyer mile account? In other words, does the frequent flyer account number you put on the application have to match the name of the person applying for the card?
Old Sep 29, 2012, 5:48 pm
Suspended

Hi,

I got approved for Platinum, called the reps and they told me it comes indeed with 40k bonus miles. When re-applying for a new one in the future, is it worth cancelling the one already in hand or keeping it?

I hope this is still la churnable card!

Also.. you do not have to be a Chairman bla bla bla status level to get the bonus right?

thanks!
Old Sep 29, 2012, 5:50 pm

Originally Posted by TGGDEL
Has anybody else tried to get a 2nd card since September 1?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.