Community
Wiki Posts
Search

US Airways Mastercard - 50,000 bonus points (40,000 easy)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2012, 2:47 pm

Programs: US Chairman's Preferred
Originally Posted by aviator8
I always keep all the documentation. Has this been happening to people?
It happened to me on my first card (see a few posts up from here). I didn't get the 10,000 anniversary miles after paying the annual fee. I can't find my terms and conditions booklet, but others that applied for the card in the same month received the anniversary miles. I contacted Barclays and they said my card wasn't eligible (even though I have the Same World Premier card). I use the card extensively, and just got approved for a 2nd card under the Chairman's offer. I am waiting for it to arrive, along with the terms and conditions. This time I will retain it!
Old Oct 8, 2012, 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by finster869
It happened to me on my first card (see a few posts up from here). I didn't get the 10,000 anniversary miles after paying the annual fee. I can't find my terms and conditions booklet, but others that applied for the card in the same month received the anniversary miles. I contacted Barclays and they said my card wasn't eligible (even though I have the Same World Premier card). I use the card extensively, and just got approved for a 2nd card under the Chairman's offer. I am waiting for it to arrive, along with the terms and conditions. This time I will retain it!
hmmm. concerning. with that annual bonus this is a card i plan on keeping, but if they do not comply I will not. I guess they could always say to any of us " you were never chairmans preferred" I sure hope not though.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 10:19 pm

How long does it usually take for the miles to post to your usairways account after your first purchase?
Old Oct 17, 2012, 9:24 am

Programs: free agent
I tried to get this card and was declined. Strange - my credit is perfect.
Called Barclays to find out why and they said it was nothing to do with credit - it was the fact that I had a USAirways credit card in the past.

They're right. I did. I had a USAirways Visa, issued by Bank of America, which I closed in 2009.

Apparently, that's enough for me to not be able to have this card.

I can't believe they don't want my business. I spend a small fortune on airfare.

Anyone else experience this? Any way around it?
Old Oct 17, 2012, 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by dustenm
How long does it usually take for the miles to post to your usairways account after your first purchase?
Mine posted the day after my first statement closed.
Old Oct 17, 2012, 3:35 pm

Originally Posted by AlphaTango
I tried to get this card and was declined. Strange - my credit is perfect.
Called Barclays to find out why and they said it was nothing to do with credit - it was the fact that I had a USAirways credit card in the past.

They're right. I did. I had a USAirways Visa, issued by Bank of America, which I closed in 2009.

Apparently, that's enough for me to not be able to have this card.

I can't believe they don't want my business. I spend a small fortune on airfare.

Anyone else experience this? Any way around it?
I remember reading about this awhile ago. If I recall correctly, there was some legal agreement stipulating that BoA US Airways CC holders would not be allowed to get a Barclays US Airways CC -- so I don't think it's actually Barclays being dumb, but them doing what they're legally obligated to (don't remember the details of the agreement though). Of course, it sucks for BoA CC holders such as yourself, but I don't remember any more satisfactory resolution.
Old Oct 17, 2012, 6:42 pm

wow that was fast. approved 10/1 received 10/7. purchase made 10/8. points posted 10/17. didn't expect that fast of a turn around. I guess I just got lucky timing in the cycle.
Old Oct 17, 2012, 7:41 pm

Smile

Originally Posted by aviator8
wow that was fast. approved 10/1 received 10/7. purchase made 10/8. points posted 10/17. didn't expect that fast of a turn around. I guess I just got lucky timing in the cycle.
Hi I am trying to receive the pts ASAP as well to make it in time for the 100% bonus for October. I made my first purchase yesterday, it hasn't posted yet (it's in temp authorization). My question is did you wait for first purchase to post and pay immed to get the points asap? Or did the pts post without the first purch being paid off? Thanks!!
Old Oct 17, 2012, 8:28 pm

Originally Posted by sasli
Hi I am trying to receive the pts ASAP as well to make it in time for the 100% bonus for October. I made my first purchase yesterday, it hasn't posted yet (it's in temp authorization). My question is did you wait for first purchase to post and pay immed to get the points asap? Or did the pts post without the first purch being paid off? Thanks!!
Not sure if it was a coincidence or not, but I paid off the balance almost immediately after making my first charge. Once the payment posted, they closed the statement period, and the miles hit my account the next day.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 6:26 am

Originally Posted by finster869
Not sure if it was a coincidence or not, but I paid off the balance almost immediately after making my first charge. Once the payment posted, they closed the statement period, and the miles hit my account the next day.
thanks for sharing! i will pay immed after the transaction goes to posted status!
Old Oct 18, 2012, 7:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Can Canadians get this card or is it only available to US residents?
Old Oct 18, 2012, 11:04 am

Originally Posted by sasli

I haven't paid yet. I think it is purely based on statement closing date, and I just got lucky with that timing
Old Oct 18, 2012, 3:19 pm

Programs: US GP (used to be *G, now,what)
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
Can Canadians get this card or is it only available to US residents?
I think its US only based upon the spiel they give onboard....
Old Oct 21, 2012, 1:40 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat Premier/LT Plat; SPG Plat/LT Gold; Hilton Gold; Hyatt Plat
Data pt:
Approved for card

Had a US Air BofA(supposedly bad)
New cards and mult inq (supposedly bad)
Just canceled the lesser Barclays USAir card earlier in day (supposedly bad)

Still approved.

So it's YMMV.
Old Oct 22, 2012, 1:40 pm

Tried to call 866-369-1283 and 866-408-4065 for reconsideration, but machine answered this number is for future use... Anyone knows their current reconsideration number? Thanks.

Last edited by huntmousedu; Oct 22, 2012 at 2:11 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.