Wiki Posts
Search

United Months of Miles

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2012, 5:58 pm

Programs: All of em...
Originally Posted by Marathon Man
court case update from today:

Magistrate to render a decision by mail in 2-3 days to both parties.

So we wait.

I suggest others with issues just keep calling all parties to try and get your miles.
It's been 3 days... Tell us you won?!
Old Apr 30, 2012, 11:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Mail Call!

Originally Posted by x712xdamx
It's been 3 days... Tell us you won?!
Well all my UA MoM promo miles are in my UA account!

I am relieved to be done with this and I am looking forward to new deals.

Let's respect all parties by moving on.

Shop wisely everyone...

MM
Old Apr 30, 2012, 12:20 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA- Lifetime Platinum; Marriott - Lifetime Platinum: Starwood - Gold; IHG - Platinum
Congratulations!

MM, Well done! I am very happy for you!
Old Apr 30, 2012, 12:36 pm

Programs: All of em...

Shop wisely everyone...

MM
Tell me they at least compensated something for your time?
Sounds like they've got you hush hush
Old Apr 30, 2012, 12:36 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC

Shop wisely everyone...

MM
Well, we still haven't heard what the judge/magistrate said though - unless you are under a gag order. You were seeking monetary damages for the pain and suffering, weren't you?
Old Apr 30, 2012, 9:50 pm

Programs: AmexPlat,SPG,CitiAA,One pass,
I am glad all your hard work paid off. Gag order I can see, well if you got something extra good choice.

Bravo bravo for getting miles that you deserved
Old Apr 30, 2012, 9:58 pm

Programs: many

Shop wisely everyone...

MM
How many total was it? I want to be impressed.

3 figures,.. 4?
No! ... more??!
Old May 1, 2012, 3:38 pm

Programs: Costco Club
Can small claims court issue gag orders?
Old May 1, 2012, 4:04 pm

Originally Posted by StevenSeagalFan
Can small claims court issue gag orders?
MR M.M. Has been very,very vocal, if he wanted to give us details we would of had them. Maybe after the trial or next day he got a call to settle with an agreement to keep hush . It is great that he got what he felt he was entitled to , just to bad he had to work so hard to get the miles.

Nice to see the little guy win , we should all remember NEVER STOP trying -- BRAVO M.M.

PS I applied for a Citi A.A. biz card the other day had to make 5 calls to get approved , everyone I spoke to gave me another reason why NO --

You have 3 A.A. personal cards now , allowed only one ( wrong)--

you have 2 biz card now ( they were canceled 2 years ago )

you have to many inquires in last 6 months ( have seven , I checked with citi 3 different times and was told that if everything else ok will not be a problem )

some times they would repeat these same excuses and when I explained they would switch to a new reason

only thing that counts -- I got the card
Old May 4, 2012, 3:13 pm
Company Representative

Trial Results; Shopping Support Recommendations

In an effort to ensure that FlyerTalk members continue to receive timely resolution of any problems receiving miles from the MileagePlus Shopping Mall, Cartera Commerce, Inc. would like to clear up any confusion regarding the outcome of the hearing held in the Small Claims Session of the Concord (MA) District Court in the action filed by Marathon Man against Cartera. [This information has been redacted by the Moderator as it serves to identify publicly a member of FlyerTalk.]

In summary, the Magistrate ruled in favor of Cartera, which means that Cartera was not required to pay Marathon Man any part of the claim or costs outlined in the claim. There was no out-of-court settlement, and neither party is subject to any type of confidentiality agreement. Marathon Man did indeed receive all of the miles he requested Cartera to investigate, because Cartera's customer care team successfully advocated on his behalf with each relevant merchant. Before he filed his lawsuit against Cartera, the customer care process had been completed for the missing miles inquiries discussed in his claim, and Cartera had requested that United Airlines move these awarded miles to his frequent flier account.

We encourage anyone who believes that they have missing shopping transactions in the MileagePlus Shopping program to please contact the Cartera customer care team using the MileagePlus Shopping Mall online “Contact Us” form. This allows Cartera to collect all of the relevant information from you that may be needed to follow up with merchants and/or United Airlines, as well as to allow us to track and follow-up on your inquiry as efficiently as possible.

Cartera Commerce
MileagePlus Shopping program operator

Shop wisely everyone...

MM

Last edited by Ocn Vw 1K; May 4, 2012 at 11:16 pm Reason: To comply with FT Rules as to respecting member privacy.
Old May 4, 2012, 4:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Originally Posted by CarteraCommerce
In an effort to ensure that FlyerTalk members continue to receive timely resolution of any problems receiving miles from the MileagePlus Shopping Mall, Cartera Commerce, Inc. would like to clear up any confusion regarding the outcome of the hearing held in the Small Claims Session of the Concord (MA) District Court in the action filed by Marathon Man against Cartera. .....................................

Cartera Commerce
Oh why thank you cartera.

Now, kindly do some extra work in ensuring me and everyone else that my name and address and any phone numbers on that docket are thoroughly redacted from all copies of it!!!

Geesh, can you say stoooopid!

People here may know or investigate as to whether or not such hearings are a matter of public record or not, but by posting what you have just posted in the public forum, you have just now PROMOTED to people that they can go know me and my family! I mean come on... my full name and address will be on that thing you fools! And what if I have one of those rare last names that can easily be found and Googled because there's so few of them in the country?

Yup, your gloating has just potentially and actively put my kids and wife in jeopardy seeing as how the internet has many prowlers on it--even some who claim to just want miles.

I went to court claiming Cartera failed to complete all the postings of miles for the UA MoM promo. I did not go there to let you tell an entire flyer forum my personal details!

When I went in, 4 things were missing from my world:
  • 500 DL miles from toolbar promo that should have posted
  • 1500 UA miles from purchasing Sams club GCs in the fall of 2011 that should have posted a bonus of that amount but there had been issues as to whether or not the company or Cartera was still counting GCs at that time. It was later determined that they were. I got the toolbar posting itself of 500, but not the 1500 for spending $125+ during the time I downloaded and used it.
  • 8,050 miles from still missing mileage from transactions from Home Depot.com GC purchases. GCs were in fact allowed at the time we all bought them en masse on 9/9 and beofre, but since I was one of the MANY who had minus transactions from Chase Cc issues, this caused a rift. Cartera claimed it was fraud, I showed how it was not. I wanted the miles. They claimed they had given them to me already. I found just days prior to my court case that the transactions of those items were now in fact IN my UA account where they had not been before, or when I first filed, but the balance in my UA acct had not changed (This is a case whereas you may have say, $100 in the bank and you check every day, you see the $100 but there are new transactions in there with nothing on them. It has and can happen. I had no idea). Anyway, I called UA on a few long call occasions and they said they would look into this, but they told me that Cartera would be responsible for those 8050 miles, not them. But they did agree that since all the transactions now showed up in my UA acct, they could look into giving me my MoM bonuses.
  • The 186,000 remaining bonus miles from the MoM promo that should have come through had Carteras transactions come in as expected and counted as such.

On the morning of the 24th I went to court. Cartera won the case. it was decided on the 26th. I got my copy of this days later.

I can guess that they just did a better job presenting things and I could not as easily display why I was missing my miles. So be it. I aint gonna push it no more.

But I did my best and I did have with me a box of evidence and organized notes I thought presented my side well. None of which the judge wanted to see, mind you. She just wanted to see the lawyer's papers. I suppose if I had my own lawyer things could have been different but this is SC court and whew knew. Whatever. Anyway, he handed her T&Cs of Cartera, but no one could figure out WHEN they were typed up. She took it anyway. He did not even know when it was written. Today or September? He also handed her things about me and how he figured me for a gamer. Things from Ft on stuff I have talked about and notes he had on my transactions with Chase that he called fraud even though many here are familiar with the minus issue. Who knows what factored in. I left not knowing anything yet. (What is interesting is how the lawyer called me a gamer and fraud ridden but Cartera itself never kicked me out and I still get their emails and sales gigs from all the airlines. Why is that?)

And so the next morning I woke up to find this in my acct:

04/24/2012 Mileage Adjustment 186,000

and dated also for 04/24 in my DL account was 500 miles for the very late toolbar download.

Convenient, eh?...
(although very possible a pure coincidence, and that UA just happened to escalate and post it that day. And btw Cartera, them is UA miles, not yours. Don't touch!)

So that's what I posted here. I said: "I got my miles."

In the end, I see it that I basically lost about 10k, the case, my time, many hours, many pages of paper and ink and a lot of frustration. And of course, it kinda stinks for FTers because anyone here who is still fighting to receive anything from Cartera has a potentially longer hill to climb now.

And, if I don't install security locks, I am going to have to worry that their blatant posting of the court information on this thread could now put my family in danger. That's not because a bunch of FT friends now know my name and everything, but like I said, there ARE all types on here. Now I am bummed out about that and how these losers have just exposed it so nicely in their post above.

They are a company. They spent time and resources doing their work on my and other cases about missing miles. But they get paid to do so, and no one here is after them as individuals who work there. But now, they have just made it harder for me just because I came up against them in court and tried to get what's rightfully mine. I was pretty much quietly over the loss itself, but this... this is badddd news!

At this point, I think anyone here who still has mileage claims of any kind with this company should do the following things...

1) file every suit you can and in every state--make em work for their jobs.
2) do not use the company or anything it powers and partners with ever again.
3) tell your friends that. And their friends. And so on.
4) if ya come visit, now that you easily can, lets go have drinks.

Finally, Cartera, in the closing remarks at the hearing, I happened to mention that I personally was now no longer wishing to use anything cartera runs for my online shopping. I said I now use the Chase UR mall. Your lawyer said... "Well we own/run that too!" I said, well then you learned and you fixed it! But instead, I was fuming inside because I had come to trust that mall. So I went home and did NOT shop on it that night, but used something else instead. Then I asked Chase and got this reply:

-----ORIGINAL MESSAGE-----
Dear [mm],
Thank you for contacting us today.
I would like to inform that the Ultimate Rewards mall is
not run or managed by Cartera Commerce.
If you have any further questions, please reply using the
Secure Message Center.
Thank you,
[Name of non-managerial employee redacted by Moderator per FT Rules.]
E-mail Customer Service Advisor
1-800-436-7927
Account is owned by Chase Bank

Your slick lawyer may seem to be an ethical lookin and legal savvy dude, but he's a darn liar and so are you, you scam ridden rebate scammin company! Now git on outta here!

Last edited by iluv2fly; May 5, 2012 at 4:45 am Reason: See above note.
Old May 4, 2012, 8:29 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA- Lifetime Platinum; Marriott - Lifetime Platinum: Starwood - Gold; IHG - Platinum
Stunning!

Cartera said:

"We encourage anyone who believes that they have missing shopping transactions in the MileagePlus Shopping program to please contact the Cartera customer care team using the MileagePlus Shopping Mall online “Contact Us” form. This allows Cartera to collect all of the relevant information from you that may be needed to follow up with merchants and/or United Airlines, as well as to allow us to track and follow-up on your inquiry as efficiently as possible."

Indeed? So that you can play stall and delay for months or even over two years in my case? Your customers should not have to email you dozens of times about one incident to achieve satisfaction. You should follow up in a timely manner. You should have telephones that are answered. You should have telephone messages and emails that are returned.

I admire MM for his perseverance and the guts to take on a company like yours. He should never have had to spend the amount of time he did pursuing these miles due to the ineptness of Cartera. He was willing to let the matter die, but you come back here to gloat that you won the suit. I do hope you willl protect him in having his personal information revealed in a public forum.

You made many errors in posting my transactions. I'd say I proved you were wrong in at least 10% or more of my transactions over the last few years. Then you deny others willy nilly. Well, who's to say you weren't wrong in those cases as well?

And now Cartera where are my AAdvantageeshopping 2011 Holiday Bonus Miles that should have posted long ago? I have inquired about it at least 3 times. You responded once that there is a problem on your side. Where is the follow up? These sorts of things are why flyertalkers are frustrated with your company and why many of us will shift our shopping habits away from Cartera.

I have restrained myself from commenting on flyertalk and in other public forums in hopes that you would resolve my issues. You have ignored too many emails. More to follow. . .

Last edited by paradocs; May 4, 2012 at 8:45 pm Reason: This relates to AAdvantageeshopping
Old May 4, 2012, 8:41 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by paradocs
Indeed? So that you can play stall and delay for months or even over two years in my case? Your customers should not have to email you dozens of times about one incident to achieve satisfaction. You should follow up in a timely manner. You should have telephones that are answered. You should have telephone messages and emails that are returned.
Gotta say I agree. This the response I got just today about a missing transaction from 1/21/2012

You answered:
It has now been another 3 weeks and these miles have not posted. I
realize that there are integration issues, but this is unacceptable. I
have had purchases later than this one post properly

I apologize for the continued delay in crediting your account with your due mileage.

There is an error which has delayed the process to convert your purchases into miles. We are currently working diligently to resolve this. We plan to update you on the progress we are making in resolving this issue. In addition, we will alert you when we have confirmed the posting of your miles to your MileagePlus Account.

We truly apologize for this inconvenience and appreciate your continuing patience in resolving this issue.
Who wants to be they never "update [me] on the progress [they] are making in resolving this issue"?
Old May 4, 2012, 8:47 pm
Original Member

jasonvr: I won't take that bet! But be persistant! Prevail!
Old May 4, 2012, 9:14 pm

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
You guys (Cartera) are totally inefficient, fail to respond to direct queries - where we *definitely* earned miles for verified purchases.

Cartera does not reply to e-mails on such subjects, and hides behind their layers of electronic mail.

Even when faxed, they confirm same, but never respond after that.

It is absolutely unacceptable and someone should be continously filing legal cases against you for such service. I will do so unless my matters are resolved, and this includes MoM as well as other purchases!

Originally Posted by CarteraCommerce
In an effort to ensure that FlyerTalk members continue to receive timely resolution of any problems receiving miles from the MileagePlus Shopping Mall, Cartera Commerce, Inc. would like to clear up any confusion regarding the outcome of the hearing held in the Small Claims Session of the Concord (MA) District Court in the action filed by Marathon Man against Cartera. [This information has been redacted by the Moderator as it serves to identify publicly a member of FlyerTalk.]

In summary, the Magistrate ruled in favor of Cartera, which means that Cartera was not required to pay Marathon Man any part of the claim or costs outlined in the claim. There was no out-of-court settlement, and neither party is subject to any type of confidentiality agreement. Marathon Man did indeed receive all of the miles he requested Cartera to investigate, because Cartera's customer care team successfully advocated on his behalf with each relevant merchant. Before he filed his lawsuit against Cartera, the customer care process had been completed for the missing miles inquiries discussed in his claim, and Cartera had requested that United Airlines move these awarded miles to his frequent flier account.

We encourage anyone who believes that they have missing shopping transactions in the MileagePlus Shopping program to please contact the Cartera customer care team using the MileagePlus Shopping Mall online “Contact Us” form. This allows Cartera to collect all of the relevant information from you that may be needed to follow up with merchants and/or United Airlines, as well as to allow us to track and follow-up on your inquiry as efficiently as possible.

Cartera Commerce

Last edited by l etoile; May 8, 2012 at 9:22 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.