Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA Economy Plus (E+) - Questions/Worth It?/Experiences [Archive]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA Economy Plus (E+) - Questions/Worth It?/Experiences [Archive]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2008, 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by hoops7k
If you have the seat reserved excluding an equipment change it is your seat.If there is a change you get your money back.
oh, cool. I did not know this ...
Old Nov 10, 2008, 8:07 pm

Thank you for all your help with my questions.
Faye
Old Nov 11, 2008, 12:38 am

I frankly wouldn't pay a cent more for economy plus, since it looks to me to be almost just as miserable as regular economy. Either that, or I get incredibly pissed at the upselling that UAL tries to do when I check my itineraries to protect the seats I picked. 6' even, 240lbs. I found regular economy to be tolerable. I'd save the money and take myself out to a nice dinner or comedy show.

Besides on transpacs I fly with Asiana anyways and that gets me 34" pitch in the whole cabin.

Last edited by stupidhead; Nov 11, 2008 at 12:52 am
Old Nov 11, 2008, 9:21 am

Programs: Former UA Premex, now dirt
Originally Posted by stupidhead
... 6' even, 240lbs. I found regular economy to be tolerable...
Well, for a little guy like you that may be true. At 6-5, 275, E+ makes all the difference between "tolerable" and quite IN-tolerable.
Old Nov 11, 2008, 9:37 am

Do whatever you want, but I just don't see the value in paying $80 more for more legroom for an hour and a half flight.

And I'm by no means "little".
Old Dec 19, 2009, 12:39 pm

Programs: Falconflyer Gold
Couple of questions

1. Is it possible to see if there is availability in Economy Plus before booking?
2. When purchasing Economy Plus, do you buy individual legs of your journey or is it one purchase covering all legs?

I often fly transatlantic and can only afford economy but in the past have managed to bag the exit rows. However that's getting much harder these days so this Economy Plus sounds quite appealing.
Old Dec 19, 2009, 8:19 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by yorweb
....1. Is it possible to see if there is availability in Economy Plus before booking? ....
Yes, if considering purchasing E+ Access for a segment, just start the purchase process and before committing you will be offer an opportunity to see available seats and to continue or cancel.
....2. When purchasing Economy Plus, do you buy individual legs of your journey or is it one purchase covering all legs? ....
E+ Access can be purchase as a full year of access or as access for a segment or a group of segments

....I often fly transatlantic and can only afford economy but in the past have managed to bag the exit rows. However that's getting much harder these days so this Economy Plus sounds quite appealing. ....
Exit rows should only be available day of flight to non-1P/1K travellers
Old Dec 21, 2009, 1:58 pm

Economy Plus

Hi everyone,

I'm sorry to start a new thread but my searches were fruitless.

We're traveling from SFO-DEN in February. I'm stunned to hear that the 767 and a 777 don't have economy plus seats (e.g. the planes only have standard coach seats). Is this typical? We're flying middle of the day on both segments. I assumed Economy Plus would be available on this route.

Thanks,
Thomas
Old Dec 21, 2009, 2:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Mariott Gold
Originally Posted by stanford88
Hi everyone,

We're traveling from SFO-DEN in February. I'm stunned to hear that the 767 and a 777 don't have economy plus seats (e.g. the planes only have standard coach seats). Is this typical? We're flying middle of the day on both segments. I assumed Economy Plus would be available on this route.

Thanks,
Thomas
All UA mainline aircraft have an E+ section.

FWIW, on a 2.5 hr flight, while E+ is nice, its not that big of a deal (remember you still receive regular economy service).

Are you a Premier with UA? or looking to buy up to E+?
Old Dec 21, 2009, 2:00 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
All mainline United aircraft have Economy Plus seats; you were given faulty information.
Old Dec 21, 2009, 2:01 pm

If the flights are UA metal (which it sounds like) E+ should be available. Are you an elite and logged in when you go to select your seats on UA.com?
Old Dec 21, 2009, 2:05 pm

Programs: UA - 1K 1MM; Hyatt - Explorist; Marriott - Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by check9rip
If the flights are UA metal (which it sounds like) E+ should be available. Are you an elite and logged in when you go to select your seats on UA.com?
This is a good query. The OP didn't give enough info, so it may not be that E+ isn't available, just not available to him/her.
Old Dec 21, 2009, 2:07 pm

Programs: UA , Delta Silver,TG , HHonors , AA, BA,Asia Miles,
Accoring to Seatguru both 767 and 777 have economy plus.If you check seat guru and you will find E+ on all versions of 767 and 777.
Old Dec 21, 2009, 4:58 pm

Programs: 1K 2010, 1P in 2011, Plat for 2012,13,14,15 & 2016. Gold in 17 & 18, Plat since
Originally Posted by stanford88
Hi everyone,

Thanks,
Thomas
I'd be stunned too!

I logged on as guest to UA.com and it's true, the non-elite wouldn't know from the seatmaps shown that E+ exists. Everything's that's E+ is simply shown as occupied, with no designation that it's a premium seat. Not sure why UA is passing up an opportunity to sell its product.

But as others have said, fear not, E+ does in fact exist. Elites get it without extra charge, while GMs (general members) can either purchase a year of E+ access for $349 or buy it a la carte on each flight (SFO-DEN is probably around $60).

Welcome to Flyertalk, by the way. A bit belated, since you actually joined three years ago. That's a long time lurking around!
Old Dec 21, 2009, 6:53 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Mike Jacoubowsky
....I logged on as guest to UA.com and it's true, the non-elite wouldn't know from the seatmaps shown that E+ exists. Everything's that's E+ is simply shown as occupied, with no designation that it's a premium seat. Not sure why UA is passing up an opportunity to sell its product.....
can assure you UA takes many shots for sell E+ to the non-elites. Once you select your flights the "opportunity" to select E+ access is presented.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.