Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "*A Lounge Options at NRT" Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 25, 2015, 4:24 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Link to NRT Terminal Map available here: http://www.staralliance.com/en/airpo...irportCode=NRT

Given the slow travel recovery for Japan, the ANA/NH lounges are on reduced hours and the NRT UC is closed. As travel recovery progress, there should be some expended access

* Gold Lounges

ANA Lounge Terminal 1 2nd Floor, #4 Satellite/South Wing
Pros: Noodle "bar"; sake bar; automated beer machines; overall better food than UA Club; showers with Shiseido amenities (foil packets). Sushi from 5-6pm.*
Cons: In lower level and has no windows; somewhat cramped, especially during peak hours (but not as bad as the UC); a short walk to UA gates.

ANA Lounge Terminal 1, 3rd Level, #5 Satellite/South Wing
Pros: Noodle "bar"; sake bar; automated beer machines; open, spacious areas with views of gates and runway; showers with Shiseido amenities (foil packets). Sushi from 3:30-4:30pm.*
Cons: Fairly distant from UA gates.

United Club Terminal 1, 3rd Level, #3 Satellite/South Wing
Pros: Adjacent to UA gates and transfer desk; showers; view of runway.
Cons: UA club level amenities; incredibly crowded in the afternoon prior to the bank of U.S. departures; noisy floor; often over-heated; furniture in disrepair.

See posts 171-173 for photos

*ANA in July announced some improvements, including a sushi chef in each of their lounges for an hour: https://www.ana.co.jp/ana_news/en/20...0160720-1.html

Consolidated "*A Lounge Options at NRT" Thread {Archive}
Print Wikipost

Consolidated "*A Lounge Options at NRT" Thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2022, 7:48 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
The NH lounges at NRT are IMO seriously overrated. Noodle bar is nice but otherwise lounges are not very pleasant - almost always too hot, too crowded, too loud with endless flight announcements.

NRT is one place where I think UA provides an overall better lounge product (when it's open, that is ).
Old Nov 8, 2022, 7:53 am

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by Kacee
The NH lounges at NRT are IMO seriously overrated. Noodle bar is nice but otherwise lounges are not very pleasant - almost always too hot, too crowded, too loud with endless flight announcements.

NRT is one place where I think UA provides an overall better lounge product (when it's open, that is ).
I agree, but at least NH didnt close their NRT lounges when Covid struck.
Kacee and nexus7556 like this.
Old Nov 8, 2022, 8:18 am

Programs: UA 1K, JetBlue Mosaic
I just flew NRT-EWR on Saturday. Check in agent said the United Club will not open until some time next year. She also recommended I use the *A lounge by gate 25, saying it was less crowded than the other ANA lounge. While it started out quiet, it filled to standing room only about an hour before departure. Cant imagine what the other ANA lounge closest to the gate looked like
lianluo likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2022, 8:35 am

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Originally Posted by JALsnipe
I just flew NRT-EWR on Saturday. Check in agent said the United Club will not open until some time next year. She also recommended I use the *A lounge by gate 25, saying it was less crowded than the other ANA lounge. While it started out quiet, it filled to standing room only about an hour before departure. Cant imagine what the other ANA lounge closest to the gate looked like
Yes thats what theyve been telling people since it opened - we usually make the trek to the farthest away NH lounge and hope for the best

Give the amount of connecting traffic NRT sees they really could use that UA club opening sooner rather than later.
Old Nov 8, 2022, 10:10 am

I second the ANA lounge is far nicer.

Also, don't be like the passenger I saw last month in CDG where the UA lounge is also closed. Your one time passes won't work at other star alliance lounges no matter how much you yell and complain to the lounge attendants.
Old Nov 8, 2022, 11:04 am

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Originally Posted by DutchessPDX

Also, don't be like the passenger I saw last month in CDG where the UA lounge is also closed. Your one time passes won't work at other star alliance lounges no matter how much you yell and complain to the lounge attendants.
Trust me - they didn't miss much except a long walk...
Old Nov 8, 2022, 11:06 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott

Even if T1 and the Star lounge at CDG were open, the Chase OTP wont work there either!!
Old Nov 8, 2022, 11:07 am

Programs: United Premier 1K 1MM; AA Plat Pro; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Platinum; Avis President's Club
Whether it's UA or NH, I just hope more lounges open soon. The one NH lounge that was open was super super crowded
Old Nov 8, 2022, 11:19 am

Programs: UA 1K, JetBlue Mosaic
Ha, when I was entering the *A lounge a couple were arguing about Priority Pass entry despite the multiple "no Priority Pass or one-time pass access" signs across the entrance.
I scanned my boarding pass, gave them a smile, and walked to the noodle ordering area
Old Nov 8, 2022, 4:59 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus Premier 1K, Delta SkyMiles Diamond Medallion
Originally Posted by mh3265a
Whether it's UA or NH, I just hope more lounges open soon. The one NH lounge that was open was super super crowded
although ANAs signature chicken curry and the inari sushi almost make the crowds bearable almost
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2022, 6:02 pm

Originally Posted by mh3265a
there are two * lounges open now @ NRT, hours are poor though

https://www.ana.co.jp/en/us/travel-i...#anchor-lounge
ANA Lounge @ No5 Satellite( with ANA SUITE)
7am-last ANA flight (the one with tarmac views on 2nd floor)

ANA Lounge @ No2 Satellite
1pm-7pm
(newly opened July 2022, originally supposed to open April 2020)
no view

(the one @ No4 Satellite still closed, which didnt have view)
Old Nov 8, 2022, 7:11 pm

Programs: UA GS 1MM
Originally Posted by unitedbusiness
although ANAs signature chicken curry and the inari sushi almost make the crowds bearable almost
Definitely the highlight along with a Suntory beer!
SPN Lifer and unitedbusiness like this.
Old Nov 8, 2022, 10:05 pm

Programs: UA Silver
Originally Posted by Kacee

I completely agree with this... maybe its the NH lounge pulling people away from UA lounge and thus keeping it quiet but I do prefer the UA lounge.
I had such high hopes for NH lounge just based on their reputation but ... it is way louder and crowded for what... a bowl of udon and some curry?
The noodle bar and etc at NH is obviously better than whatever UA offers but unless you are just laying over at NRT w/o venturing out to Tokyo... the food outside the airport that cost maybe $5 will beat any NH lounge food, no contest.

UA lounge is less crowded, seems more spacious and their beer machine is on-par. If you want to relax before a long flight I'd recommend the UA lounge.

Now if this was HND I'd recommend you dine-in before the security check-in as they have some great selections - but with NRT you'd better eat before you get to the airport.

By the way - I'm actually quite surprised that UA would even consider re-opening the lounge at NRT, given that this is their "hub" no more.
Aren't most of the flights from UA hubs in the U.S now flying into HND instead of NRT? I think the soon-to-resume DEN to NRT and the second SFO flight might be the last two still flying into NRT rather than HND?
Old Nov 8, 2022, 10:29 pm

Originally Posted by maverickar15
I think the soon-to-resume DEN to NRT and the second SFO flight might be the last two still flying into NRT rather than HND?
HNL-NRT resumes March, 2023.
unitedbusiness likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2022, 10:34 pm

Originally Posted by EWR764
On another thread re: COVID lounge reopening, I shared that United has signed a contract with a lounge operator and that vendor is staffing up to reopen the NRT lounge in early 2023. Some minor repairs and refreshes will happen as well.
Curious whether the First Class Lounge directly above the NRT United Club is reopening at the same time. Sorry to learn UA is outsourcing the lounge staff as the UA lounge staff at NRT was the best in UA's system.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.