FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "*A Lounge Options at NRT" Thread
Old Nov 8, 2022, 10:05 pm
maverickar15

Programs: UA Silver
Originally Posted by Kacee
The NH lounges at NRT are IMO seriously overrated. Noodle bar is nice but otherwise lounges are not very pleasant - almost always too hot, too crowded, too loud with endless flight announcements.

NRT is one place where I think UA provides an overall better lounge product (when it's open, that is ).
I completely agree with this... maybe its the NH lounge pulling people away from UA lounge and thus keeping it quiet but I do prefer the UA lounge.
I had such high hopes for NH lounge just based on their reputation but ... it is way louder and crowded for what... a bowl of udon and some curry?
The noodle bar and etc at NH is obviously better than whatever UA offers but unless you are just laying over at NRT w/o venturing out to Tokyo... the food outside the airport that cost maybe $5 will beat any NH lounge food, no contest.

UA lounge is less crowded, seems more spacious and their beer machine is on-par. If you want to relax before a long flight I'd recommend the UA lounge.

Now if this was HND I'd recommend you dine-in before the security check-in as they have some great selections - but with NRT you'd better eat before you get to the airport.

By the way - I'm actually quite surprised that UA would even consider re-opening the lounge at NRT, given that this is their "hub" no more.
Aren't most of the flights from UA hubs in the U.S now flying into HND instead of NRT? I think the soon-to-resume DEN to NRT and the second SFO flight might be the last two still flying into NRT rather than HND?