Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

LHR Terminal 2 UA UC (open), GS Lounge (open) & Arrivals Lounge (now open)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 25, 2014, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: seanp7
related thread: Consolidated connection time/logistics at LHR

Comparative Review of Five Different Star Alliance Lounges at Heathrow T2

United Club Hours 5:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m. daily (as of October 2023) (standard UC access policies0
​​​​​​Global First Class GS / VIP lounge (newly open May 2022) (GS and at time 1K Polaris customers -- based on space)

Arrival Lounge Hours 6:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. (open as of June 13, 2022)
The arrivals lounge at London Heathrow, located immediately after immigration and customs, is a shared space with shower suites, breakfast items and more. This lounge is exclusively available for United Polaris business class travelers.
Eligible travelers must be flying on a same-day ticket arriving before noon and cannot bring guests. Additionally, United Club memberships and one-time passes don’t grant access to this lounge.

Archive thread: LHR Terminal 2 United Club, GS Lounge (was GFL) & Arrivals Lounge Discussion[Archive]
Print Wikipost

LHR Terminal 2 UA UC (open), GS Lounge (open) & Arrivals Lounge (now open)

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2016, 10:52 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta PM
Unfortunately for me Thanks for the fast response.
Old May 2, 2016, 11:12 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by LizGross144
Unfortunately for me Thanks for the fast response.
If you have Priority Pass there's a Plaza Premium Arrivals lounge as well, which also has paid admission
Old May 10, 2016, 1:42 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta PM
And .... now we both got the Amex Platinum on the 100K offer, so if we can get our Priority Pass membership active in the next 10 days, we'll be good to go!
Old May 10, 2016, 1:48 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by LizGross144
And .... now we both got the Amex Platinum on the 100K offer, so if we can get our Priority Pass membership active in the next 10 days, we'll be good to go!
Nice! Enjoy! ^
Old May 14, 2016, 7:17 am

Programs: Continental OnePass
I can't seem to find any information on united.com about the arrivals lounge at LHR, does it still exist? (I see references to the arrivals lounge at SFO).
Old May 14, 2016, 7:46 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Originally Posted by swiftaw
I can't seem to find any information on united.com about the arrivals lounge at LHR, does it still exist? (I see references to the arrivals lounge at SFO).
It absolutely exists.
Old May 14, 2016, 8:06 am

Programs: UA Plat 1.1MM , Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Discoverist
What a terrific terminal. The lounge, the space, and the design are all tremendous.
Old May 14, 2016, 8:23 am

Originally Posted by JVPhoto
It absolutely exists.
Strange that there is absolutely no mention of it on the united website. Can you enter simply by showing a Business Class boarding pass from an inbound UA flight, or do you need a special invitation?
Old May 14, 2016, 8:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Originally Posted by JVPhoto
It absolutely exists.
The information does appear on the Air Canada website.

It is not a full *A lounge, only for UA, AC and SA.

When exiting the secure arrival area, turn left. Open from 05:00 until 14:00.
Old May 14, 2016, 8:28 am
Original Member

Programs: Hilton - Diamond, IHG - Platinum
https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con...ge/access.aspx
Old May 14, 2016, 8:34 am

So it listed, although that page is hard to find.

Hmm, I guess I won't be able to use it anyway since my flight is scheduled to arrive at Noon (whereas access says for flights arriving before noon).
Old May 14, 2016, 8:35 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
The only mention of the LHR Arrivals Lounge on united.com appears to be on this map apart from in the link mentioned by Larrude. BTW, Terminal 1 longer exists at LHR.

https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con.../maps/lhr.aspx
Old May 14, 2016, 8:48 am
Original Member

Programs: Hilton - Diamond, IHG - Platinum
Originally Posted by swiftaw
So it listed, although that page is hard to find.

Hmm, I guess I won't be able to use it anyway since my flight is scheduled to arrive at Noon (whereas access says for flights arriving before noon).
Yes, the page is neatly hidden away, but the lounge is very easy to find as you exit the arrivals area.

At least with a noontime arrival, you probably won't be waiting long to get to a hotel and get a chance to shower and change
Old May 14, 2016, 9:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Name:  a-united-global-first-lounge-london-heathrow-terminal-two-arrivals-25.JPG
Views: 1032
Size:  190.5 KB
Old May 14, 2016, 9:18 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Shortly after the Queen's Terminal opened on the flight they gave us all the cards for fast track and the lounge. I don't think you need the physical pass for the lounge but rather the appropriate boarding pass.
Haven't been in over a year but it was great when I arrived from NY and was doing Eurostar to Paris later that afternoon.
Looking forward to using it on the 7am arrival from SFO coming up.

There was a great (a bit older) woman taking care of people wanting hot breakfast, friendly with great attention. She made me think of a lady similar at the MEL UC who said she made the jams in the spread herself.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.