Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Why would someone be listed on both standby & upgrade list(s)?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2012, 9:32 am
TA
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K MM

I'm flying UA 900 today, and see that 5 people (all same last name) are on both the F and C upgrade waitlists (using m.united.com). How does this happen?

edit: AND they are on the flight standby list too.

??
Old Mar 25, 2012, 9:36 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Nonrev. :-:
Old Mar 25, 2012, 2:04 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by sbm12
Yup-Saw it JFK-SFO last week and yes, they were all non-revs
Old Mar 25, 2012, 3:17 pm

Stand-by or IRROPS?

Can it be either one of those for Any fare of five F passengers trying to get on the next flight or earlier flight?
Old Mar 25, 2012, 4:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
Originally Posted by sbm12
Not necessarily! I asked a similar question last week when I saw that I was on both the biz as well as first upgrade list (on a domestic 3 class bird). I was upgraded to biz at time of ticketing, but the mobile site still shows my name on the list (as confirmed). I was surprised to see my name on the F list as well.
Old Mar 25, 2012, 4:28 pm

Programs: UA MP/UC - "RIP Tulip Plat"
Originally Posted by Paulakers2010
Can it be either one of those for Any fare of five F passengers trying to get on the next flight or earlier flight?
No, def nonrevs.
Old Mar 25, 2012, 4:45 pm

Programs: FAF, Hyatt <>, SPG PLT
It could be nonrevs. It could be pax with F or C tickets not yet on the flight. I've even heard some GAs say that for many 3-class flights Y--->C pax show on C list and F list. And they have to manually delete the pax from the F list.
Old Mar 25, 2012, 4:53 pm

Programs: UA MM Gold, AA Ex Plat, SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, National Executive Elite
On my last 3 domestic 777s the past few weeks I have noticed same thing, I would say good 10-15 people each time. Some sort of glitch i think because on all the 3 cabins since 3/3 after I clear into C I get wait listed for F....3 out of 5 times got it^
Old Mar 26, 2012, 12:55 am

Programs: FAF, Hyatt <>, SPG PLT
Yeah it seems weird if its only nonrevs. I'm checking some sfo-jfk flights tomorrow and there are names on both lists. Weird part is that on one flight I see 2 pax who have cleared the UG to business and are listed on the F list.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 2:49 am

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
I saw this last week. When the person was cleared into F, she was definitely a non-rev -- she has a UA Crew tag on her bag, and the FAs greeted chatted with her the entire flight.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 6:59 am

Programs: Marriott Plat,Priority Club Plat
On a 3 class aircraft it seems you can only clear one cabin Y-J // J-F. If you clear fron Y-J then you would be skipped moving to F. For the time being this is done manually by the Ua agent working the gates.
janicerobertson likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2013, 9:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton something
upgrade curiosity...

How can the same person be confirmed from the waiting list into C, but at the same time beon the waiting list for an upgrade to F? This is a packed flight up front, so it's definitely not a non-rev, or at least not by any rules I can think of?
Old Mar 7, 2013, 9:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K-MM
I will guarantee you it is a non-rev. Don't assume gate agents always follow the rules.
Old Mar 7, 2013, 9:25 pm

NRSA being on both lists has nothing to do with GAs not following rules. It's just how the system works.
Old Mar 7, 2013, 9:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by UnitedFlyGuy
NRSA being on both lists has nothing to do with GAs not following rules. It's just how the system works.
Until that name shows up on the cleared list while you're still sitting in the back - which is how 'the system works' for far too many PMUA agents, many of whom still don't know that customers can view this information on their smartphones if it's not showing on the gate displays.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.