Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

March 3rd, 2012 System Integration Master Thread (PSS)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

March 3rd, 2012 System Integration Master Thread (PSS)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2012, 7:34 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by zoegksf
Originally Posted by socalflying
For all the people on one of my reservations, the traveler info shows the first and middle names run together as one long word. Tried to edit traveler info (omitting middle name) but still get same result. Have seen other posts about this on this thread, but haven't found an answer yet, and was wondering if anyone had experience with this. Thanks!
I believe this is how Shares does it. My PMCO reservations always had first and middle all together. PMUA didn't.
After I replaced my middle initial with my full middle name on PMUA to make secureflight happy, all my reservations and bp's started showing and printing "goaliemiddlename lastname"
Old Mar 8, 2012, 7:36 pm

Originally Posted by FlytheTail
Thanks for the quick reply. I tried to check in and got the error message "We are unable to complete the check-in process as a valid ticket coupon cannot be found. Please contact a United representative at 1-800-300-1547 for assistance." I've tried to call UA here in BKK but either get disconnected or the line is busy.
Try using skype and call the 1-800 number?

Originally Posted by prestonh
My mileage credit is still not posting for flights taken on 3/1. The request for credit tells me that those flights have already posted It's been more than 24 hours since the system switch...but that same message still shows on the website.
PMUA or PMCO?
Old Mar 8, 2012, 8:05 pm

Issue with ticketing mileage booking

Prior to the merger, I was able to make a booking for International travel and when I went to ticket the booking I was told it was not a "legal" routing even though I had an email with the itineary. After figuring out a "legal" routing I still couldn't ticket it because the tax wasn't attached to the ticket. That got solved and then a new issue arose - I couldn't ticket because there was an issue debiting and crediting the miles.

A few nights ago we found someone to help us and after 4.5 hours we were so close to ticketing it and then the phone got cut off.

After 20+ hours (I am not kidding) I still don't have this ticketed.

I have been on hold for an hour and a half tonight and have yet to talk to a live person.

Anyone had similar issues? Any ideas on how to resolve?
Old Mar 8, 2012, 8:08 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Ua Gold, GE.. Sucker for punishment
Sweep has put one of my flights (Mel-syd of a Mel-syd-lax) into E-... I know it was only a perk but I was really hoping e+ would stick for pre merger bookings... 15 hours is a long time in e-....
Old Mar 8, 2012, 8:34 pm

Programs: UA-G MM, Priority Club Platinum, Avis First, Hertz 5*, Red Lion
Originally Posted by edcho

PMUA or PMCO?
both flights were on PMCO metal.
Old Mar 8, 2012, 9:06 pm

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Cannot print SWU's for use on LH.... no estimate given for when this will be fixed.
Old Mar 8, 2012, 9:11 pm

Originally Posted by prestonh
both flights were on PMCO metal.
Strange -- my 3/2 flights posted. I would wait a week before calling the MP desk (just to make sure there's no delay + hopefully they have a better handle of their phone situation).
Old Mar 8, 2012, 9:15 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Still waiting on a 3/5 flight to post. Last flight to post was a 2/29 on 3/5.
Old Mar 8, 2012, 9:22 pm

Just FYI --

United.com shows the following banner:

United.com is currently undergoing maintenance, you may experience slower response times. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Wonder what maintenance this entails.
Old Mar 8, 2012, 9:33 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus
Originally Posted by ckaught78
One would think that they could have better managed things had they rolled it out in phases. I work for a large US company that has gone through a few very large mergers and in each instance the company took their time and rolled things out in phases over the course of a year or two. Instead of doing it all at once, I would think they could have taken this approach. But what do I know...

Thankfully the issues I have experienced thus far have been in my favor, but that obviously isn't the case for everyone.
I completely agree. I also work for a huge company and we test and test and test again with everyone on call until we know we are stable. I am not in IT. But everyone is on the line because the system is our face to the customer and we value that relationship...unlike these hacks.
Old Mar 8, 2012, 9:35 pm

Programs: UA 1P 1MM
RPU deducted but not placed on the waitlist

I stupidly decided to use united.com to upgrade an itinerary. The RPU was deducted, but the waitlisted upgrade was not processed. Contacted United Reservation and confirmed that I was not placed on the upgrade list. The very nice reservation agent transferred me to the Mileage Plus Desk and was placed on hold for 20 minutes. I then hung up and called the Mileage Plus 1K desk. I got through pretty much immediately and the agent confirmed with me all the details. I was then placed on hold for ~ 7 minutes or so before I got disconnected. Going to try again tomorrow to resolve this tomorrow instead.
Old Mar 8, 2012, 9:41 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
ANA flight not posting

I flew IAD - NRT on Feb 22 and that flight posted Feb 28. My return was on March 2 and that flight still hasn't posted. Frustrating to say the least.
Old Mar 8, 2012, 9:44 pm

Programs: United Premier 1K 1MM; AA Plat Pro; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Platinum; Avis President's Club
And now my PQM/PQS have been fixed and updated.

Thanks to the UA team for correcting this week!
Old Mar 8, 2012, 9:45 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus
Originally Posted by Doug 1029
Even during this change over, I've had excellent response from the call center. Except for the first couple of days, the wait time is a lot less than trying to get a hold of a Cable company.

You may go to Delta, but would love to know where your at 6 months from now. I'll bet it's United.
I will let you know. With 1MM and No desire to hit 2MM there isn't a lot of motivation to stay. I do a lot of SFO-AMS and SFO-NRT or HKG. Pretty much everyone is on those routes and AMS is much more Delta friendly. Maybe I will eat my words but with the exception of about 900k in mileage credits we will need to burn off, I think I will be elsewhere.
Old Mar 8, 2012, 9:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K, NW forever
[QUOTE=FromPVG;18135753]
Originally Posted by cardinal98
+1. Some difficult with "existing" as well...
You can press the number corresponding to the option ('existing reservations' is now 3 -- and there's no international/domestic prompt).

Originally Posted by c1mth0g
I decided to be a little brave and try to cancel a couple of award reservations (made with PMUA) and amend another online.

In all cases I received error messages at the very last step, after I hit "confirm". However, both cancelled reservations no longer show up in My Reservations, and the the reservation that I was trying to amend showed up with the amended date and flight (and I was able to go in an assign myself a seat).

As far as I can tell, the cancellations and amends all worked and the error messages were spurious.

UA Insider - will PM you will confirmation numbers etc in case you wanted to investigate further.
Be careful -- I did this and the reservation was cancelled but no miles or money refunded.

Originally Posted by greenbe
Prior to the merger, I was able to make a booking for International travel and when I went to ticket the booking I was told it was not a "legal" routing even though I had an email with the itineary. After figuring out a "legal" routing I still couldn't ticket it because the tax wasn't attached to the ticket. That got solved and then a new issue arose - I couldn't ticket because there was an issue debiting and crediting the miles.

A few nights ago we found someone to help us and after 4.5 hours we were so close to ticketing it and then the phone got cut off.

After 20+ hours (I am not kidding) I still don't have this ticketed.

I have been on hold for an hour and a half tonight and have yet to talk to a live person.

Anyone had similar issues? Any ideas on how to resolve?
I've had a mess trying to book an award ticket today. Flight was X1,XN3 and I wanted to book 2 seats. (So yes, there is [sometimes] additional award availability for elites!) The website gave me an error about my Premier status. I got a phone agent to book and hold the reservation but she couldn't ticket. When I called back today I was put on hold for 20 mins and then told "we're having problems ticketing awards, try again tomorrow."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.