Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Miles&Smiles Elite is no more Star Gold card... [in some computer systems]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Miles&Smiles Elite is no more Star Gold card... [in some computer systems]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2016, 10:58 am

Programs: TK E+, AA PLAT
Originally Posted by lento
Thanks. I had already tried all those before posting here. I used to have problem reflecting my TK status in SAS flights but at least it would accept the number.
I should probably just wait until flight date.
Strange. I had a couple of LH flights last week and there was no problem with the FF number. I had chosen TK as my FFP and inserted my FF# without the TK prefix. Same on a few SK flights a few months back.
Old Aug 16, 2016, 5:05 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by lento
Thanks. I had already tried all those before posting here. I used to have problem reflecting my TK status in SAS flights but at least it would accept the number.
I should probably just wait until flight date.
I’m having this same problem with LH, it just won’t accept the number in any format. Not a big issue but just frustrating that it doesn’t work as it should.

Hopefully this will work at OLCI, otherwise I'll ask the lounge angels to assist.
Old Dec 12, 2016, 11:37 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond
M&S Elite any issues accessing lounge?

Last July I had a few issues having my M&S Elite / Star Alliance Gold recognised with an SAS flight from LHR: no recognition for fast track; the UA lounge struggled to recognise my Star Gold credentials - but they eventually let me in; however the Singapore lounge let me in no problems.

Does anyone know if they are still any issues?
Old Dec 16, 2016, 10:15 am

Last time I used it on an LH only ticket and it worked fine. Have an upcoming LH/UA trip though and expecting some issues.
Old Dec 16, 2016, 9:17 pm

Programs: UA Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by JamesMcGill
Last time I used it on an LH only ticket and it worked fine. Have an upcoming LH/UA trip though and expecting some issues.
I often have LH/UA mixed trips and I never ran into a problem.
Old Dec 17, 2016, 4:25 am

Programs: AY+Plat
Originally Posted by Slotski
Last July I had a few issues having my M&S Elite / Star Alliance Gold recognised with an SAS flight from LHR: no recognition for fast track; the UA lounge struggled to recognise my Star Gold credentials - but they eventually let me in; however the Singapore lounge let me in no problems.

Does anyone know if they are still any issues?
I used to have problems in almost all *A flights because of my status not shown in BP. However, the problem has been fixed automatically and in my recent flights with SAS and LH my status appeared correctly. I was able to access lounges just with the BP without showing plastic.
Old Dec 19, 2016, 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by Mict
I often have LH/UA mixed trips and I never ran into a problem.
My last flight was fine too. BCN-MUC-ORD-IAH-SAL. First leg LH.
Old Dec 20, 2016, 7:48 am

Flying SK and LH out of LHR I never have issues at the lounge but the automated gate at the Gold Track never recognises my status if not flying J. As far as I understand it's a system problem and there have never been any issues when showing my BP to the attendant
Old Jan 6, 2017, 11:31 am

Programs: Turkish Airlines Gold
I am TK Elite but no matter what I do I can't get UA or ET to recognise the *G Alliance. Does anyone know what steps I should take to make sure they see the status?

Should I be entering in the TK at the beginning or not?
Old Jan 6, 2017, 4:19 pm

Originally Posted by 89703511961
I am TK Elite but no matter what I do I can't get UA or ET to recognise the *G Alliance. Does anyone know what steps I should take to make sure they see the status?

Should I be entering in the TK at the beginning or not?
Usually just putting in the numbers without the TK does it for me, although I haven't flown UA or ET since joining M&S. You could alway call them and get them type it in manually, or do it at the airport but that is not so much fun.
Old Jan 6, 2017, 4:39 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Flew Ethiopian two months ago. My status showed up correctly on the boarding pass, and I got the miles posted within 24-48 hours of the flight. I was still Elite at the time.
Old Jan 6, 2017, 4:42 pm

Originally Posted by boosh
Usually just putting in the numbers without the TK does it for me, although I haven't flown UA or ET since joining M&S. You could alway call them and get them type it in manually, or do it at the airport but that is not so much fun.
Was chatting to UA on twitter and they removed the TK. It is know showing the updated status.

Originally Posted by LH4116
Flew Ethiopian two months ago. My status showed up correctly on the boarding pass, and I got the miles posted within 24-48 hours of the flight. I was still Elite at the time.
Last time I flew Ethiopian it didn't appear when checking in but the agent added it and the flights posted within the expected time. I'll email them again and ask them to change the format to just numbers to see if that works.
Old Jan 11, 2017, 1:28 pm

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, TK*G E+, ALL/Accor Plat
I was re-routed at VIE yesterday by OS and there was no way that the booking office could get my TK E+ status to show up on the new boarding card. Consequently, I used my A3*G card instead. This is not the first time I have had such a problem with OS.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 4:03 am

Originally Posted by LH4116
Can you remember did you enter in your FF with TK then numbers or just the numbers?
Old Apr 9, 2018, 6:43 am

Programs: TK Elite ...and blue, lots of blue...
My experience with this issue: LH would not recognize my TK*G but UA would.
Turns out TK has my First and Last names switched and LH checks if names match.
Resolved by contacting TK through their website feedback form.
Now LH recognizes my TK*G

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.