Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Miles&Smiles Elite is no more Star Gold card... [in some computer systems]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Miles&Smiles Elite is no more Star Gold card... [in some computer systems]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2016, 5:01 am

Programs: BA OWE, SQ*G, HH Diamond
Also TK *G just wasnt allowed to use express security at CPH on Monday, no LH and CPH cooperation. Holiday season! Very long queues!

And, dont travel with checke luggage to CPH, massive chaos there. Bags piling up lost/delayed and queues at Menzies and Aviator are enormous.
Mine will arrive today 48h delayed, my partners is on the way to ATL via LHR from CPH.. A competent employer tagged it that way.. Great job.. Off topic i know.. Just avoid checked bags in CPH atm

Last edited by aysoo; Jul 20, 2016 at 7:12 am
Old Jul 20, 2016, 5:48 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond
Aysoo thanks...But oh cr*p checked in two bags to CPH. Only staying one night then off to New York.
Old Jul 20, 2016, 7:14 am

Programs: BA OWE, SQ*G, HH Diamond
SAS Gold lounge access worked with TK*G but very dissapointing.. No champagne, day rooms closed, showers need a clean, food only salad and soup.
Old Jul 20, 2016, 7:57 am

Programs: TK E+, AA PLAT
Originally Posted by Slotski
Just checked in at LHR flying SAS to CPH. Checked in no problem at the Star Gold desk, the agent put on the priority tags etc. However at fast track and United lounge, both didn't recognised my Gold status per the BP ( lounge agent double even checked my FF was correctly recorded) Fortunately I had my Gold card and was allowed through. (I noticed at online checkin it stated My FF was Turkish basic) Anyone else experienced this problem?
The scanner at FastTrack at LHR never recognised my BP. I was told by an agent there it is with their system. I've never been given any hassle at LHR, they usually just glance at my BP and let me through.

How do you enter your TK FF# on SAS?
Old Jul 20, 2016, 7:59 am

Programs: TK E+, AA PLAT
Originally Posted by aysoo
Also TK *G just wasnt allowed to use express security at CPH on Monday, no LH and CPH cooperation. Holiday season! Very long queues!
There is an 11 page thread on the SAS forum about this. CPH's own staff and CPH management don't seem to know the rules them selves. CPH security is by far the worst I have ever experienced.
Old Jul 20, 2016, 9:50 am

Programs: TK E+

And, dont travel with checke luggage to CPH, massive chaos there. Bags piling up lost/delayed and queues at Menzies and Aviator are enormous.
Mine will arrive today 48h delayed, my partners is on the way to ATL via LHR from CPH.. A competent employer tagged it that way.. Great job.. Off topic i know.. Just avoid checked bags in CPH atm
I made a written inquiry to CPH CS a few weeks back, and got it confirmed (in writing), that if you fly on TK metal with TK*G status, you are allowed to use CPH Fast Track. However, as Boost is saying, the gate keepers at the fast track has a different understanding of the rules, and they tend to have a very arrogant approach to the issue.
Old Jul 20, 2016, 12:37 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond
Boosh. SAS accepted my TK FF number at online check-in. I also tried the Singapore lounge at LHR T2. I could see the lounge agent couldn't see my *G status on my BP but I think she checed my status off my M&S card against some computer system. Anyway she made no fuss and welcomed me into the lounge. I had no trouble with priority boarding at the gate by showing my TK Elite card. My priority bag tags worked at CPH as bags were one of the first to arrive at baggage reclaim.

Last edited by Slotski; Jul 20, 2016 at 12:47 pm
Old Jul 25, 2016, 5:32 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
A good way to tell that your Star Gold card is correctly entered when booking a SAS flight is to try and make a seat selection in the next stage, after entering personal details. If the system lets you select a seat for free in Economy, then it means your *G status is correctly entered in the system.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 7:28 am

Programs: TK E+
SAS Gold lounge access worked with TK*G but very dissapointing.. No champagne, day rooms closed, showers need a clean, food only salad and soup.
Champagne in the SK Gold lounge? The only time I can remember I have ever seen that, was on the first day of the new route from OSL to New York, 5-6 years ago.
Old Aug 5, 2016, 4:12 am

Programs: TK Elite
Adding in my experience here. Eva Air detected TK*G automatically. They also issued me a boarding pass for my United flight on a separate ticket. The BR boarding pass listed TK*G but the UA boarding pass listed TK.

I went to the United Customer Service desk at LAX and the lady seemed a bit perturbed to NOT see the gold coming up. Then she fixed it and said "TK" had been prefixed to the number, and that I should tell them to put in the "TK" afterwards. Anyway, gave me gold written on the boarding pass and zone 2 boarding.

Funny thing is, I know that I have entered the number on my United profile without letters and selected Turkish from the dropdown menu. I doubt the Eva Air rep manually changed my FF from what I had put in. Maybe I need to suffix TK in my profile.
Old Aug 11, 2016, 8:45 am

Hi there,
Just reached TK elite last week, but for whatever reason it doesn't show so on my LH and LX tickets (still shows TK*S instead of TK*G). Anyone had the same problem?

Therefore my question, how long does it take for the elite card to be mailed to me? I have a trip planned ZRH-ORD-YVC where I would highly appreciate the *G benefits as connection times in ORD are a little tight.

Thanks in advance!

Ps: never received my TK classic plus card after getting status in May.
Old Aug 11, 2016, 12:17 pm

Programs: TK *G, Spirit Gold, Marriott Plat, Hilton HHonors Gold, Amex Plat, Chase SR
As confirmed w/ UA customer service, the issue here is that for whatever reason, *A airlines are pre-populating the letters "TK" before the TK FF ID number. When they do this, the system doesn't show them the elite status of the member.

You have to call the *A airline you are flying on so they can manually remove the "TK" letters from the member ID in their system and then your ticket will properly reflect TK *G.
Old Aug 12, 2016, 6:03 am

Programs: AY+Plat
M&S FF number problem with lufthansa

Hi
I just bought LH flights and tried to put my TK FF number in there but the system says not a valid number. I called to LH and asked them to put the number. They also say that number does not exist. However my account and elite status both exist and I can log into my account.
I am just wondering is the problem from TK side or LH side. Whom should I contact ? or wait until flying day ?
Old Aug 12, 2016, 6:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This problem has been reported before. There is some uncertainty whether the TK FF No. should be written as TK1234... or just 1234...i.e. without the TK prefix.

Anyway, there is no point is spending a lot of time on this now. Wait until the day of departure and enter it during OLCI or at the check-in counter if OLCI fails. Your LH boarding pass should read TK*P, TK*S or TK*G (depending on your TK FF level)
Old Aug 12, 2016, 6:35 am

Programs: AY+Plat
Thanks. I had already tried all those before posting here. I used to have problem reflecting my TK status in SAS flights but at least it would accept the number.
I should probably just wait until flight date.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.