Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Miles&Smiles Elite is no more Star Gold card... [in some computer systems]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Miles&Smiles Elite is no more Star Gold card... [in some computer systems]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2016, 5:58 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by dcfromdc
My trouble is having TK recognize not just my status, but my [UA] FFP # in general. It wouldn't let me add it during booking, nor could the phone agents do anything despite some clever thinking that it may have something to do with how my name is formatted on my ticket versus the way it is formatted with UA MP. I posted on the Newbie thread about this a month ago. I'll see in a few days whether I can get my FFP# added at check-in at the outstation in PRN using my *G card.

It's just strange, because TK is the only *A partner who has trouble pinning my FFP # with my reservation. I book OS flights on the OS website all the time, and they don't have a Middle Name box either (I don't think). So, I put FIRST MIDDLE in the First Name box on OS, and they always take my FFP #.
I hope these glitches will be fixed soon!
Old Apr 10, 2016, 6:03 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
I hope these glitches will be fixed soon!
They haven't been fixed in years so I would not hold my breath.
Old Apr 15, 2016, 7:55 am

I had the same thing happen to me on UA - after long discussion with three different agents at the check-in (no manager at check-in at that time) I managed to get my second bag added for no additional charge.

First I was denied access to lounge even though I had card with me (Chicago O'Hare) connecting to FRA. After showing and confirming gold status via TK Website I was granted access. Inside I talked to another agent who managed to add my G* status to BP. I asked him how he managed to do it since none of the others managed to do it. He explained to me that most people add the TK to the number in the front but he entered the number first and it didn't work but added TK at the end it seemed to be working. I will be flying IND - IAD - FRA - DXB + DXB - ZRH - ORD - IND in 3 weeks and see if it works with UA this time.

If somebody else has the issue in the meantime - try what the agent did in my case and let me know if it works or not.

Safe Travels!
Old Apr 15, 2016, 11:58 am

Programs: AY+Plat
Originally Posted by Takeover04
I had the same thing happen to me on UA - after long discussion with three different agents at the check-in (no manager at check-in at that time) I managed to get my second bag added for no additional charge.

First I was denied access to lounge even though I had card with me (Chicago O'Hare) connecting to FRA. After showing and confirming gold status via TK Website I was granted access. Inside I talked to another agent who managed to add my G* status to BP. I asked him how he managed to do it since none of the others managed to do it. He explained to me that most people add the TK to the number in the front but he entered the number first and it didn't work but added TK at the end it seemed to be working. I will be flying IND - IAD - FRA - DXB + DXB - ZRH - ORD - IND in 3 weeks and see if it works with UA this time.

If somebody else has the issue in the meantime - try what the agent did in my case and let me know if it works or not.

Safe Travels!
Did you mean instead of adding TK123456789, one should add 123456789TK ? I have few *A flights in four weeks from now. I will try this trick.
Old Apr 15, 2016, 12:22 pm

Yes - 123456789TK. He also tried it without the TK and only using the number but that didn't work but definitely worth a shot if 123456789TK isn't working either.
Old Apr 25, 2016, 6:26 am

Programs: UA Platinum, AA, DL, Marriott Gold, Global Entry early adopter

Safe Travels!
Hi, so I am back from my TK trip. Just to follow up on my original concern, I was able to provide my physical MP *G card during check-in at PRN outstation, and they were able to add my FFP # with only a swipe of the card. And, my status was applied for all flights on my PNR, even yesterday's return segments.

So, I quoted Takeover04 because he mentions also having his TK M&S card, but it took 3 check-in agents to force through elite baggage allowance. Is it correct to assume that the UA agents were actually swiping the card at check-in before attempting to key his FFP # in manually?

Anyway, now if only I can get my lost luggage back. There was traffic yesterday landing into IST. And we were finally taxiing to apron after my onward segment was scheduled to begin boarding. So that was a fun sprint to cap off what probably was an 11 hour flight. I made the flight. But, my bag did not. And it was not on board on the next flight that arrived here this morning. WorldTracer has my bag listed as "Tracking Continues" now on T+18 since I was given my Property Irregularity Report. Here's to hoping it comes on tonight's flight. I welcome any suggestions on how I could be more proactive on getting my bag back. I'm otherwise patient, since I am home. Besides some clothes, I stand to lose a nice small painting I bought at the weekend market in Bangkok and a nice pair of gym shoes..
Old Apr 27, 2016, 7:00 am

Programs: UA Platinum, AA, DL, Marriott Gold, Global Entry early adopter
Originally Posted by dcfromdc
Anyway, now if only I can get my lost luggage back. There was traffic yesterday landing into IST. And we were finally taxiing to apron after my onward segment was scheduled to begin boarding. So that was a fun sprint to cap off what probably was an 11 hour flight. I made the flight. But, my bag did not. And it was not on board on the next flight that arrived here this morning. WorldTracer has my bag listed as "Tracking Continues" now on T+18 since I was given my Property Irregularity Report. Here's to hoping it comes on tonight's flight. I welcome any suggestions on how I could be more proactive on getting my bag back. I'm otherwise patient, since I am home. Besides some clothes, I stand to lose a nice small painting I bought at the weekend market in Bangkok and a nice pair of gym shoes..
Check that. Bag arrived T+24. I called TK lost luggage dept in IST and they said they found it, but didn't update WT. It was on the evening inbound as promised. All contents accounted for.
Old Apr 30, 2016, 4:43 pm

As far as I remember the agent did not swipe my card before entering my FFT# into the system with TK at the end.

I will UA again next Saturday. We shall see if it works or not. If not I will ask the agent to try adding TK at the end of the number. I will update here.
Old May 12, 2016, 11:54 pm

As far as I remember the agent did not swipe my card before entering my FFT# into the system with TK at the end.

I will UA again next Saturday. We shall see if it works or not. If not I will ask the agent to try adding TK at the end of the number. I will update here.
Did it work ?
Old May 17, 2016, 7:49 am

Everything worked fine this time. TK Number was already added to the system from when I booked my trip with UA. Gold was printed on all boarding tickets - flew UA + LH + SWISS and all Lounges worked fine as well. LH Senator Washington, LH Senator Frankfurt, LH Dubai, SWISS Senator Zurich (@ E Gates - just wow!).
Old May 20, 2016, 2:56 pm

Took 4 SAS flights this week and in all BPs showed TK Basic. However, strangely, CPH lounge automatic door opened without any problem.
Old May 27, 2016, 6:23 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by lento
Took 4 SAS flights this week and in all BPs showed TK Basic. However, strangely, CPH lounge automatic door opened without any problem.
Were you flying in SAS GO or PLUS? That might explain it if you entered on the left side of the reception desk, the Business lounge. The gates on the right hand side lead to the SAS Gold Lounge.
Old May 27, 2016, 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
Were you flying in SAS GO or PLUS? That might explain it if you entered on the left side of the reception desk, the Business lounge. The gates on the right hand side lead to the SAS Gold Lounge.
I was flying SAS GO on first flight but PLUS on return. However, I used Gold lounge upstairs both times and right hand side gate opened without any problem.
Old May 31, 2016, 2:42 pm

Same for me with UA!!!

I'm in Vegas no, my status from VCE was recognised from the card only and not from the system. Today i checked in at EWR and the nightmare start, with my gold card in hand they ask me 100usd for the second luggage and they brake the star alliance rules; i paid the "kind" lady to wich my Card was not important, the only important thing was their computer. No priority boarding, no lounge and so the luggage! I'm really upset.
Old May 31, 2016, 5:38 pm
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by Flyalexitaly
I'm in Vegas no, my status from VCE was recognised from the card only and not from the system. Today i checked in at EWR and the nightmare start, with my gold card in hand they ask me 100usd for the second luggage and they brake the star alliance rules; i paid the "kind" lady to wich my Card was not important, the only important thing was their computer. No priority boarding, no lounge and so the luggage! I'm really upset.
I strongly advise you complain directly to United and demand a refund. The UA computer system is frequently showing the wrong information.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.