Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Miles&Smiles Elite is no more Star Gold card... [in some computer systems]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Miles&Smiles Elite is no more Star Gold card... [in some computer systems]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2016, 12:18 pm

Programs: TK E+, AA PLAT
SAS not recognising *G

I just tried to check in on the SAS app and was down as TK Basic. I tired putting the TK at the end of my numbers as suggested up thread but it did nothing. Taking the TK and just leaving the 9 digits did. It updated to TK*Gold immediately
Old Jun 4, 2016, 1:03 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by lento
I was flying SAS GO on first flight but PLUS on return. However, I used Gold lounge upstairs both times and right hand side gate opened without any problem.
Well maybe it's an issue on what the computer reads vs. what's displayed on the boarding pass.

Glad it worked out.
Old Jun 11, 2016, 2:38 am

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, TK*G E+, ALL/Accor Plat
My experience with Austrian during the past few days leads me to believe that there may indeed be systemic discrimination against TK*G cardholders. On Friday when trying to web check in LCA-VIE-TXL, using my TK card as an identifier was impossible as Miles and Smiles was not listed as a valid *A program! Then I could only obtain a middle seat at the rear of the plane as my status was not recognised despite the card number being correct. At the airport, it took 20 minutes for the check-in agent to override the system blocks and print out a boarding card with TK*G listed; however, she could not do the same for my connecting flight VIE-TXL which stated TK*P. Later at the OS lounge in Vienna, it again proved impossible to change my status to TK*G. On collecting my two bags at TXL, I had to wait to the end since both priority stickers had been ripped off by OS baggage handlers - this normally happens if there is an inconsistency in status on their systems.

I am currently trying to check in for the return flight TXL-VIE-LCA. Despite calling OS for an hour, it is proving impossible for airline staff to give me TK*G status on the flight. Again, I will have to put up with poor seats and late baggage delivery. Lounge access will be no problem due to being able to show the physical gold card. OS staff are embarrassed and cannot explain the problem.
Old Jun 11, 2016, 2:47 am

Programs: TK E+, AA PLAT
Originally Posted by johnirvine
On Friday when trying to web check in LCA-VIE-TXL, using my TK card as an identifier was impossible as Miles and Smiles was not listed as a valid *A program!
M&S is not listed as an option on their site? I've had problems when putting in my number as TK123456789 but solved it by leaving out TK and just putting in the numbers. On SK at least
Old Jun 11, 2016, 3:03 am

An OS supervisor has just called me back and said there is no way currently to get my TK*G card recognised on their system even with manual overrides. They can see that I have a gold card but the system will not accept it. The technical department has been informed about the problem and been asked to investigate. The only 'solution' to the problem has been to use my A3*G card to get status privileges.
Old Jun 11, 2016, 4:17 am

Three hours later, OS has called me again and informed me that their technical department has now fixed the (unspecified) problem. The A3*G card has been deleted and my TK*G card reinserted. Also, blocked senator seats at the front of economy have been reserved. I have to give absolutely top marks to the OS staff member who clearly devoted considerable effort to fixing my problem!
Old Jun 17, 2016, 6:44 am

Programs: UA 1K 2.85MM // AS MVPG100K // TK Elite Plus // AA EXP // Bonvoy TE // Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by johnirvine
Three hours later, OS has called me again and informed me that their technical department has now fixed the (unspecified) problem. The A3*G card has been deleted and my TK*G card reinserted. Also, blocked senator seats at the front of economy have been reserved. I have to give absolutely top marks to the OS staff member who clearly devoted considerable effort to fixing my problem!
So do you think that means OS fixed your record only or they fixed this generally?

Clearly LH has not fixed this and, as someone pointed out previously, I'd be willing to bet their lack of interest in fixing this has something to do with their unfriendly relationship with TK.

I'm TK Elite currently and just checked in. First LH flight BP shows TK*P.
Old Jun 17, 2016, 8:14 am

Originally Posted by MaximusDamon
So do you think that means OS fixed your record only or they fixed this generally?

Clearly LH has not fixed this and, as someone pointed out previously, I'd be willing to bet their lack of interest in fixing this has something to do with their unfriendly relationship with TK.

LH IT in general is rather... surprising, sometimes. On Tuesday I had layover at MUC and wanted to get into SEN lounge with my CM*G card. The system said no, but lounge agent was very kind and said that since it's a *G lounge and I have a valid *G card, of course I can get in.

Try reaching out to LH lurker over at LH forums, they might be able to nudge someone in the right direction if you really care. (I got LX lurker to fix similar problem with O6).
Old Jun 17, 2016, 5:32 pm

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
Another data point, checked in AV flights with my M&S number entered and it recognized me as *G immediately.
Old Jun 18, 2016, 2:49 am

Programs: TK Elite
I booked flights recently with Thai Airways, Eva Air, and United. Thai and Eva systems recognized my *G, United doesn't.
Old Jun 19, 2016, 7:00 am

Originally Posted by MaximusDamon

They only fixed my problem not the generic problem that exists. I had the same problem with an OS return flight next week. Their call centre informed me that, although my card was correctly inserted, I was listed only as TK*P. However, the lady concerned was able to correct the booking quickly this time to show TK*G. This is important as it affects seat choice during OLCI and also later baggage handling.
Old Jun 22, 2016, 12:50 am

Programs: TK E+
Flew SK out of CPH yesterday. TK*G printed on BP and access to the lounge recognized by the automatic gates.
Old Jun 25, 2016, 1:44 am

I have now given up trying to use my TK E+ card on OS. Whether at check-in or the OS lounge in VIE, they are not able to give me *G status and TK*P is always shown. The only way to avoid hassle, especially late delivery of baggage with torn off priority labels, is to use my A3*G card. As an aside, anyone who finds themselves booked on an Austrian flight operated by wet-leased Sun Express using clapped out Turkish charter B737-800s should immediately protest - the service quality is massively substandard.
Old Jul 20, 2016, 4:30 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond
TK gold recognition issue

Just checked in at LHR flying SAS to CPH. Checked in no problem at the Star Gold desk, the agent put on the priority tags etc. However at fast track and United lounge, both didn't recognised my Gold status per the BP ( lounge agent double even checked my FF was correctly recorded) Fortunately I had my Gold card and was allowed through. (I noticed at online checkin it stated My FF was Turkish basic) Anyone else experienced this problem?
Old Jul 20, 2016, 4:38 am

Programs: FB Gold - M&S Gold
Some people reported similar situations.

See that thread for details: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/turki...r-systems.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.