Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New THY Call Centre in India

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2016, 4:10 pm

Programs: Lost all status due to flying less to tackle the climate emergency
Just got off the phone from the Turkish call centre in India and thought I'd post my positive experience.

The number on the back of the elite plus card seems to go directly through to a person in turkish call centre now, rather than the automated 'vetting' process before. This posed a bit of a problem as I don't speak turkish and she didn't seem to speak english, but I was quickly transferred to the english speaking centre in india.

The very well spoken chap there helped me sort my seats out in less than a minute and asked if he could help with anything else. This is a great improvement from the 30 mins I have spent on the phone in days gone by trying to sort similar things out.

The line was also crystal clear, even though I was on skype at my end. My connection hasn't changed so not sure if the new centre makes a difference there at all. It was a relief to not spend ages phonetically going through my booking code!
Old Mar 26, 2017, 10:40 am

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Another datapoint.

This time it was the Turkish supervisor line in Istanbul that solved the minor issue that the Indian call centre was unable to process.

Indian call centre claimed 50EUR change fee due for a change PLUS 38EUR for a ticketing service fee as the change had to be paid in person at the near TK ticket office. RYFKM.

After HUCA twice, I got 'Sonny' who I asked directly as to where this mystery 38EUR fee came from as its not mentioned anywhere in my ticket fare rules nor on THY.com. Crickets. I finally got him to transfer me to the customer service line and she was a bit robotic but was able to process the 50EUR payment over the IVR and no further fee was required.

So...TK customer service continues to struggle and no thanks to the outsourced India call centre.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 12:59 pm

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
Originally Posted by PointWeasel
Another datapoint.

This time it was the Turkish supervisor line in Istanbul that solved the minor issue that the Indian call centre was unable to process.

Indian call centre claimed 50EUR change fee due for a change PLUS 38EUR for a ticketing service fee as the change had to be paid in person at the near TK ticket office. RYFKM.

After HUCA twice, I got 'Sonny' who I asked directly as to where this mystery 38EUR fee came from as its not mentioned anywhere in my ticket fare rules nor on THY.com. Crickets. I finally got him to transfer me to the customer service line and she was a bit robotic but was able to process the 50EUR payment over the IVR and no further fee was required.

So...TK customer service continues to struggle and no thanks to the outsourced India call centre.
Sounds like the same thing I encountered a few years ago: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/24200853-post17.html

Afterwards I actually managed to find a mention of this fee on their homepage somewhere.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 9:52 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
The incompetence of the call centre staff is just staggering. I tried to upgrade a return ticket with miles. First they all tell me that I cannot overdraw my account which is wrong (Elite and Elite+ can, up to 10k). Then after conferring with an supervisor they tell me they can do it (surprise). Then the system shows an error but deducts 45000 miles without upgrading anything. Then I finally get a competent woman who knows what she is doing and recalls the miles but as this takes 2 hours I had to wait. The next guy once again did not know what he was doing and we are back to square one with 45000 miles gone AGAIN (needless to say he was lying again, that this cannot be done) but no upgrade. Tells me that the sales office will need to help.

Off I drive to the airport and of course they need to recall the miles first. so here I am: 2 days, 5 calls, 4 agents, 2 liars, 1 competent woman and one trip to the airport and nothing has been achieved so far.

The worst part is that they claim they know what the rules are and insist they are right when they are not.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 10:11 am
tcm

Originally Posted by starflyergold
The incompetence of the call centre staff is just staggering. I tried to upgrade a return ticket with miles. First they all tell me that I cannot overdraw my account which is wrong (Elite and Elite+ can, up to 10k). Then after conferring with an supervisor they tell me they can do it (surprise). Then the system shows an error but deducts 45000 miles without upgrading anything. Then I finally get a competent woman who knows what she is doing and recalls the miles but as this takes 2 hours I had to wait. The next guy once again did not know what he was doing and we are back to square one with 45000 miles gone AGAIN (needless to say he was lying again, that this cannot be done) but no upgrade. Tells me that the sales office will need to help.

Off I drive to the airport and of course they need to recall the miles first. so here I am: 2 days, 5 calls, 4 agents, 2 liars, 1 competent woman and one trip to the airport and nothing has been achieved so far.

The worst part is that they claim they know what the rules are and insist they are right when they are not.
Welcome to TK The call center experience for Turkish speakers is slightly better. The fact that the website is useless for the simplest of tasks like mileage upgrades makes matters worse.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 10:22 am
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by tcm
Welcome to TK The call center experience for Turkish speakers is slightly better.
Globally (up) yours?
Old Mar 28, 2017, 10:29 am
tcm

Globally (up) yours?
exactly
Old Mar 28, 2017, 11:10 am
Accor 25+ Badge

Well this is a first, an hour after I posted the above also on Twitter, a Turkish Airlines rep phones me (and in perfect English I might add) and apologises. Miles are back. Kudos for that. Let's hope the sales office can do its magic now.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 11:13 am
tcm

Well this is a first, an hour after I posted the above also on Twitter, a Turkish Airlines rep phones me (and in perfect English I might add) and apologises. Miles are back. Kudos for that. Let's hope the sales office can do its magic now.
so you posted on twitter to TK; "Globally up yours" That would get their attention
Old Mar 28, 2017, 12:03 pm
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by tcm
so you posted on twitter to TK; "Globally up yours" That would get their attention
Ahem, the post above that
Old Apr 2, 2017, 10:21 am
Accor 25+ Badge

I am glad to report that this has finally been resolved today by the very helpful sales office at BRU.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 3:06 am

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Merhaba PW,

We checked the records of the phone call you made to our call center on March 26, 2017.

In consequence of our investigation, we regrettably found out that our workmate has given incorrect information on the ticket change rule, according to the records of the said call.

Although we try to enhance our development each day to give you fast service of high quality, we apologize for this trouble you had.

We apologize for the trouble and loss of time we caused to you; in the hope that you would prefer us for your next travel as well, please accept our best regards.

(name withheld)
Turkish Airlines Inc.
Customer Communication Center

First thought? This is progress when it comes to TK.
Second thought? No compensation for my time lost dealing with India.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 1:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, TK*G E+, ALL/Accor Plat
On my last two calls to TK, I was transferred to a new Eastern European call centre. The agent would not tell me where it is based. Does anyone know? Also, has anyone been redirected to the Indian call centre in the past few days or is it now closed? My experience with the new Eastern European call centre was not entirely satisfactory - they twice refused to make a M&S international booking ECN-IST on the grounds that it is domestic and must be handled in Turkey (despite wanting to charge Turkey-Europe 1 redemption mileage).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.