Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The future of Comfort Class

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2013, 6:26 am

Originally Posted by starflyergold
On ATW:
This is really bad news. Why not simply reduce the number of seats and charge fares only in U and O class. The A fares are way too cheap anyhow for that product. My friends just bought an A fare from Germany to Buenos Aires for €1.147. That is a fare, LH charges in their coach class to EZE with only 50% of miles.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 2:34 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK*Elite+, EBD, FBG, EKS, IHG Royal Ambassador
I spoke to the TK ticket office at ARN the other day and asked about this rumor. He said he'd heard the same. He said its because they are not selling that well except for LAX and Sao Paolo. The other destinations are usually only half full. He also said that it hasn't been decided how the new 777s ordered should be configured. There are talks about removing CC completely and replace with business class only, in effect doubling the business class capacity.

His hope was to shrink the CC cabin to perhaps 24 seats instead of 63 as it is today. Only time will tell though, sine TK apparently hasn't made up their mind yet in regards to this.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 5:16 am

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by johhenrik
His hope was to shrink the CC cabin to perhaps 24 seats instead of 63 as it is today.
This is what I hope for too. I'm also very surprised that TK is having trouble filling up the Y+ cabin, I can only blame the fact that it's mostly unavailable for booking through OTAs, especially when part of a multi-airline itinerary. The consumer awareness is insufficient IMHO.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 5:32 am

Programs: AY Gold, A3 Gold, UA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by gojko88
This is what I hope for too. I'm also very surprised that TK is having trouble filling up the Y+ cabin, I can only blame the fact that it's mostly unavailable for booking through OTAs, especially when part of a multi-airline itinerary. The consumer awareness is insufficient IMHO.
Flew with them IST-PEK the other day... tried to buy up to CC in IST for hard cash... could not do it, since nobody was prepared to deal with my request... and then TK cries about CC only half full...
Old Jan 26, 2013, 8:18 am

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
See the thread, I'll keep updating what I'll have found

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/turki...pen-jawed.html

As we all know, it's cheaper to book through THY, what's really frustrating, is the fact kayak shows up Comfort Class multi-city fares (stopover and/or open jaw) through thy.com as cheapest and yet we can't book them, forcing us to deal with third party booking sites.

Last edited by vincewy; Jan 27, 2013 at 3:53 pm
Old Jan 29, 2013, 2:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AC nadda, DL, WS-Nadda
Originally Posted by vincewy
See the thread, I'll keep updating what I'll have found

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/turki...pen-jawed.html

As we all know, it's cheaper to book through THY, what's really frustrating, is the fact kayak shows up Comfort Class multi-city fares (stopover and/or open jaw) through thy.com as cheapest and yet we can't book them, forcing us to deal with third party booking sites.
Don't forget only YB and JZ get 100% miles on TK. Everything else is 70%, and nothing below L
Old Feb 2, 2013, 4:28 am

Programs: Hyatt&Hilton&BW Diamond,GHA Black,Marriott Plat,SPG Gold,AB Platinum,TK Elite,AZ Alata Plus,EY Gold
Originally Posted by yul36
Don't forget only YB and JZ get 100% miles on TK. Everything else is 70%, and nothing below L
?! Sorry, but you are wrong.

TK is one of the last airlines giving full credit for Eco (100%) always and Business (150%, Elite 200%), regardless of the booking class.
Old Feb 14, 2013, 1:20 pm

Programs: not anymore! I'm FREE!
The consumer awareness is insufficient IMHO.
Yes, but "We are Turkish Airlines! We. Are. Globally yours!"

LMFAO. TK's marketing is such a joke, it should be carefully studied in business schools the world over as a perfect example of how NOT to do it.
Old Feb 16, 2013, 10:09 pm

I'm surprised that they would want to get rid of Y+. I specifically booked TK because they offer Y+. I'm sure I'm not alone of people booking personal travel who have dispensable income for travel and personal comfort, but not quite enough to always travel in J.

I wish that more airlines would offer it!

Dr. PITUK.
Old Feb 17, 2013, 2:49 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Gold, M&M FTL, QR Gold, HH Diamond, PCR Platinum
They need to also make money. when you have a great hard product, fully booked J and Y and empty Y+ , you are doing smth wrong :-(
Currently onboard LAX-IST (Y+), fully booked. Station manager in LAX confirmed that Y+ gets ~90% occupancy for this route, but still many upsells which asre not making money for TK...
Old Feb 22, 2013, 4:25 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus 2MM
I just booked a CC flight on the 773 JFK-IST-BUD for $1700 for late April. I hope it is still around by then. If it isn't I will just do a mileage ticket as I am going for a birthday party of a very dear friend. I don't care about plane food but those seats sure look nice.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 9:23 pm

Originally Posted by johhenrik
I spoke to the TK ticket office at ARN the other day and asked about this rumor. He said he'd heard the same. He said its because they are not selling that well except for LAX and Sao Paolo. The other destinations are usually only half full....
Aren't these their 2 longest flights?
Old Feb 23, 2013, 4:44 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK*Elite+, EBD, FBG, EKS, IHG Royal Ambassador
I believe those two and Shanghai are the three longest. If I were to guess, I would guess Shanghai to be longer than Sao Paolo, but I do believe LAX is the longest one. Anyhow, I've never travelled IST-LAX or IST-Sao Paolo, but to/from Shanghai, C is almost always full and Comfort usually half full. My travel pattern is that I "always" take the Friday (00:35) flight to PVG and Friday or Saturday from PVG, so I can't really say how it looks in the middle of the week or so.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 9:32 pm

Programs: LH, TK
Originally Posted by painintheuk
I specifically booked TK because they offer Y+. I'm sure I'm not alone ...
Same here. If TK will stop CC then I wouldn't bother to use them for EU flights. EU airlines cost similar in Y class, but their fly time is usually lower.

This said, TK could also look at their connections. Currently I have a 2.5-3 hour wait in IST. With LH it's a 45-60 Minute wait.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 9:50 pm

Originally Posted by legspace
Same here. If TK will stop CC then I wouldn't bother to use them for EU flights. EU airlines cost similar in Y class, but their fly time is usually lower.

This said, TK could also look at their connections. Currently I have a 2.5-3 hour wait in IST. With LH it's a 45-60 Minute wait.
To work as a 'hub' requires some sort of competitive advantage. EK has the advantage of a great FFP, great planes, great service, connections around the world. Heathrow has low fares and endless walks and waits . I just don't see IST as a hub, but I may change my mind after my visit next month .

60 minutes in FRA won't get you a seat in the lounge, but from what I hear I want at least 2 hours in the IST lounge!

Dr. PITUK

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.