Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Archived: Processing Timelines for 1st Time GE Applications by US Citizens and LPR

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Archived: Processing Timelines for 1st Time GE Applications by US Citizens and LPR

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2016, 5:54 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by 1KChinito
Welcome to FT. As I have said many times before, if you do new searches every 5 to 10 minutes continuously when your local office is open, in 48 hours you are very likely to find something in the next two weeks.
Does it only work to search when the place you want is holding appointments? I would expect some folks to cancel their appointments at odd times, including the middle of the night. You seem to be saying that in those cases the automated appointment calendar would only update when the office next opens, in which case that would be the optimal time to search for cancellations.
Old Jul 24, 2016, 9:05 am

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Does it only work to search when the place you want is holding appointments? I would expect some folks to cancel their appointments at odd times, including the middle of the night. You seem to be saying that in those cases the automated appointment calendar would only update when the office next opens, in which case that would be the optimal time to search for cancellations.
GOES calendar is live 24/7. Whenever there is a cancellation, it shows up online immediately. All I am suggesting is chance is higher when your desired location is open. i.e. A walk in is accepted without a same day appointment. His/her appointment becomes available after his/her interview.

You can do new searches manually or with a plug in/script 24/7. Some of us are not tech savvy. As long as you are persistent, your effort will pay off handsomely.
Old Jul 24, 2016, 9:07 am

Originally Posted by huveu
Applied: 7/11
Conditional Approval: 7/23
Interview scheduled: MIA 7/25
Welcome to FT. How many times did you have to try to obtain an appointment 48 hours from conditional approval?
Old Jul 24, 2016, 2:22 pm

Programs: AA, BA, Admirals, Accor, HHG, Global Entry
Smile

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I don't know how I got so lucky when my notification came that I was conditionally approved. I went right on after the notification, which was at about 0140, and I got an interview (@ Philadelphia Int'l) date of July 26. (2 weeks out from approval.) There was a date open in August and one in September. A few hours later those two were taken.
I check continuously anyways and throughout ALL HOURS OF THE DAY AND NIGHT, dates and times open up constantly.
I am no expert, but if you think about it, when would you cancel an appointment that you are doubtful of getting into? Maybe before average bed time in your time zone? In the am when you find out you wont be able to get to the GE location in time during lunch?
I find as a general time, 10pm and 9am are solid look-for times. (Just my experience on the scheduling page...)
Old Jul 24, 2016, 9:49 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Moderator's Note:

Posts discussing GE interview appointments availability were moved to this thread:
TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator
Old Jul 24, 2016, 11:58 pm

Applied: 7/10
Interview scheduled: JFK, 7/26

I first scheduled an interview for the middle of September, but ended up with one this week after checking a few times randomly over the weekend. The GOES site works fine on iphone, so I recommend bookmarking the site and checking whenever you remember.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 6:26 am

Smile

Originally Posted by chenu

I first scheduled an interview for the middle of September, but ended up with one this week after checking a few times randomly over the weekend. The GOES site works fine on iphone, so I recommend bookmarking the site and checking whenever you remember.
FYI to others..

It also works well on Android Google app. Login information can be stored so no typing on the site. Just hit login. As well as DolphinBrowser.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 8:04 am

Originally Posted by chenu

Welcome to FT. Many here are envious of you, application to final approval in 16 days, not to mention interview at JFK.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 9:35 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum
My husband and I applied July 9th, both approved July 22, me at 10am, him at 9pm. I have two passports, UK and US, and he has only US passport but travel in Middle East, so neither of those factors seem to cause any delay.

Earliest interview in St Louis is late December.

Does anyone know of they are likely to extend Saturday slots at DFW? They appear to end on August 13th.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 9:44 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Exclamation Moderator's Note:

Originally Posted by Furby
Does anyone know of they are likely to extend Saturday slots at DFW? They appear to end on August 13th.
Reminder!
Originally Posted by TWA884
Posts discussing GE interview appointments availability were moved to this thread:
TWA884
Please ask questions concerning Global Entry interview availability in that thread.

Thank you,

TWA884
Old Jul 25, 2016, 11:20 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum
Thanks
Old Jul 26, 2016, 4:39 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by obscure2k
LAX. Time from application to interview to approval was about 3 weeks in summer, 2016. Parking at TBIT, terminal 3 is a nightmare. Allow plenty of time for interview appointment.
Thanks for your update: This is Summer 2106 so you applied, received conditional approval and found a LAX spot all in 21 days? Thinking about applying for my Son. That's a good turn time.. Safe Travels
Old Jul 27, 2016, 12:33 pm

I have another data point and a question.

I interviewed two weeks ago. I have received no communication from Global Entry (nothing in the mail either) and when I login it still has my old interview appointment listed. When I call my local enrollment center no one answers and the mailbox is full.

I tried calling the O'Hare number listed in this thread as well. At least their mailbox isn't full but they didn't call me back.

Any recommendations? It seems that everyone gets an email before they even get back to their car.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 4:55 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus GM (former Premier Silver) : Delta : Air Canada : AmEx Plat :
My processing time was much like others. After I completed the application, a notice arrived within a few weeks.

I could have chosen many venues, but chose LAX TBIT. They offered evening slots.

I arrived early, and the front desk officer told me to go in right away.

After the interview (not long for me), I received email notification within an hour.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 12:11 am

Originally Posted by EBUS
I have another data point and a question.

I interviewed two weeks ago. I have received no communication from Global Entry (nothing in the mail either) and when I login it still has my old interview appointment listed. When I call my local enrollment center no one answers and the mailbox is full.

I tried calling the O'Hare number listed in this thread as well. At least their mailbox isn't full but they didn't call me back.

Any recommendations? It seems that everyone gets an email before they even get back to their car.
Have you tried logging in from another device/computer? The site works well on Android Google.
I would suggest maybe going back to the enrollment center and speaking to an officer.
Not to try to make you feel bad, but my officer approved me in the seat and I checked GOES while BS'ing with him and the membership letter was already active.
Once a member, you will not be able to see the scheduling calendar any longer.

I hope you get it sorted sooner than later.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.