Reload this Page >

SYD to LHR on a Plane

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SYD to LHR on a Plane

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2004, 12:41 am

Programs: Too many golds, no plat: OZ*G, AC*G, NZ*G, VA Gold, QF Gold, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Good grief! I never thought I would find references to Dutch ovens on FT trip reports, however I foolishly reckoned without GoldFlyer!

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by InterflugIL62:
(You pampered little brat ) </font>
It seems to me that your new reader IL62 is begging for a walk-on role in the next instalment...
Old Feb 5, 2004, 1:29 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by mad_atta:
Good grief! I never thought I would find references to Dutch ovens on FT trip reports, however I foolishly reckoned without GoldFlyer!

It seems to me that your new reader IL62 is begging for a walk-on role in the next instalment...
</font>
No, please, NO! this could be nasty!

I might actually trip and fall into a loo.
ouch LOL

Now if you want to put me in a First Class seat with the Qantas/BA/CX jammies and some flirtations with a cute crewmember, yeah baby! Groovy baby!

Don't forget the Singapore Sheraton. Heavens I miss that hotel and that pool at midnight. I won't even mention the satay...

------------------
YAS+
Old Feb 5, 2004, 4:00 am

Programs: Too many golds, no plat: OZ*G, AC*G, NZ*G, VA Gold, QF Gold, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Hmmmm... make that a crawl-on role! :P
Old Feb 5, 2004, 5:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: QFF WP :-0, AC, FlyBuys, Porter's Liquor Store, Mother's Helper
My German is very rusty InterflugIL62. although I would love to learn flower arranging some day. I assume thats your trade. Its very nice of you to think I might be a writer but if that were the case the Vodka Dom would be way out of my budget. As for swimming around in the dark hours at the Sheridan, well the Grand Kayak was shall we say adequate for this wayward soul. Im at a loss to think how you balanced the satay at the same time as your nocturnal amphibious persuasions. Just a moments lapse in concentration and the pool would look more like the watery depths of an unflushed loo after a big night out. Still, I can barely be the one to cast judgement and dispersion on other peoples kinks. Being exposed at an early age has taught me tolerance of others and a curiosity towards the oddity that is the dark side of peoples otherwise straight-laced lifestyles. This is often best observed in a dark nightclub in the small hours of the morning. I know its near impossible to reach the level of perfection that I am so dogged with. They say its lonely at the top but whoever thought that one up clearly didnt have the company in their head that I have. I say it gets down right rowdy at times.

I have to say this little black duck is feeling a bit like the wreak of the Hesperus after a couple of weeks of partying and trying to maintain a full time job at the same time. The doctor seemed very concerned when I rang to cancel my annual check-up. I had to explain that if he were after a blood test at the present time, it would be more like opening the bar than a blood vessel. Best to wait until the excitement of my amorous friend subsides and the celebratory atmosphere of Sydney (and me) in party mode climaxes in a few short weeks and I can settle down a bit.
Old Feb 5, 2004, 12:28 pm

Crawl on? Not gonna happen! ;p

You are just too funny. Freaking hilarious
to say the least. That Business Class line is one of the funniest and most creative things I have ever heard. It was just something inspiring and with a new 'twist' if you will.

Now there is someone new to visit my next time to beloved Sydney, so I can't wait.

Ok, put me into a role but make it fair.

I still want to wear my Qantas jammies and no blue toilet flush for me, thanks.

As for kinks, let's not go there as children under 17 could be watching.

As for German, your German couldn't be any worse than mine and the dear Germans have expressed that to me in some unkind ways.

French is another story, Dieu merci.

If all goes well maybe I will hit Sydney in September, that or Bali, we shall see.

If so, we will have to arrange one of those Do thingies where I am beyond doubt you will be the life of the party. Probably drunk or sober.

Groovy baby and like Shagedellic

------------------
YAS+
Old Feb 7, 2004, 9:42 pm

Location: Currently a man without a country; American Airlines-3MM, Executive Platinum; US Airways-Doesn't Matter AAnymore; Hilton-Diamond; Starwood-Platinum; Hyatt-Diamond
This thread has fallen nearly half-way down the Trip Reports page and, fearing the retribution of Mother from beyond that great tarmac in the sky, I have lovingly bumped it back to the top...knowing that was Mother's favorite position.

Vodka Dom rules!

[This message has been edited by mwp2paris (edited Feb 08, 2004).]
Old Feb 9, 2004, 4:04 am

Alors, faire le bump!

I do hope that you will kindly get back to us and entertain us with your delightful sense of humor, otherwise, I fear I may have to write a trip report and I am sensing that you may end up staring in a major role . So, chop chop, thank you.
Old Feb 9, 2004, 4:35 pm
Original Poster

What a busy boy Ive been and remiss of me to keep you all hanging there in fear of your cyber lives. Im sorry for the delay but the creative juices have been flowing elsewhere to the detriment of this report. The final instalment with a working title of GoldFlyer has Arrived will be a few days away but will hopefully satisfy your curiosities and leave each of you dry mouthed with tension and puffy eyed from an emotional roller coaster of a climax. Mother was always one for extreme liaisons and the roller coaster was one of her favourites something about the thrilling rush of air through her Bo Derek and her partner wailing in a combined thrill of pleasure and fear. I hope ii can emulate a similar emotion from my readers.
Old Feb 9, 2004, 5:19 pm

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
Come on Goldflyer, you said you'd need me in the next episode (unless I happen to be on the same flight back from LHR with you )...do you know how stressful that can be when as a character actor you're waiting to die.
Old Feb 9, 2004, 6:01 pm

Location: Currently a man without a country; American Airlines-3MM, Executive Platinum; US Airways-Doesn't Matter AAnymore; Hilton-Diamond; Starwood-Platinum; Hyatt-Diamond
Waiting for this story to climax is nearly as exhausting as hoping against hope that Carrie doesn't end up with that Russian on "Sex and the City." Carrie without Big is like GoldFlyer in Coach...you know you shouldn't but you just can't help pointing and snickering.

Please, just get it over with so we can all go outside for a big smoke in our FC jammies and slam back a magnum of Vodka Dom.

Did I read correctly GoldFlyer that Miramax is optioning this story for one of its little art house flicks? Who will play you? Jude Law may be a shoe-in...

[This message has been edited by mwp2paris (edited Feb 09, 2004).]
Old Feb 9, 2004, 9:06 pm

Programs: NZ*G, QRPC Gold
Oh, it seems I'm going thru LHR... hope I'm not stuck behind you in immigration. If I spot ya, I'll run! :P
Old Feb 9, 2004, 9:44 pm

Programs: AA-CK, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Oh no it has happened - a copyright infringement on GoldFlyers "Dom Vodka"! I was watching a Tivo'd episode of Ab Fab and they end the show with nothing less than Dom Vodka's (Beatles missing tapes episode).

Well at least all the readers of this thread know the true origin of the hallowed drink

Old Feb 10, 2004, 12:50 am

Programs: AY Plat, SK Silver, FB Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by MikeFly:
Oh no it has happened - a copyright infringement on GoldFlyers "Dom Vodka"! I was watching a Tivo'd episode of Ab Fab and they end the show with nothing less than Dom Vodka's (Beatles missing tapes episode).
</font>
I thought that in Ab Fab, they always had Stoli-Bolli's?
Old Feb 10, 2004, 1:11 am
Original Poster

Quite a stir I seem to have caused. Blessed are my loyal readers and newly arrived all scrambling for position in a hope that they will be spared, or not depending on your personal peccadillo. I suspect Pucci Purser from the BA forum will have something of interest to some of you.

InterflugIL62, Im so delighted that you would feel so highly of me to incorporate me into your story. I must warn you though that to gain the real essence of my character could be terribly harmful to ones health. Bird flu has nothing over a lifetime of cocktail parties, art openings, soirees and private boxes all of which involve the gratuitous consumption of liquid refreshments that eventually become ones entre to happiness. Still, Mother always said:

Such social responsibilities whilst at times trying, should be viewed as opportunities to open ones self to the world.

And Mother was indeed open to the world.

mwp2paris, I think I enjoy your sense of humour and perhaps one day a click of my Patrick Cox red leather loathers will see me in Kansas.

HaaZe Leaving aside the obvious NZ jokes as I find them as tedious as those about my home state of Tasmania, you need to re-read the report and gain an understanding that no one but no one is ever in front of Goldflyer so yes you may just have to run on the day if we cross paths but do look me up at The Dorchester and perhaps we can meet up with Kee Wee for a few beverages.

Mikefly, Aunty Patsy has been almost like a sister to me and we have shared many things including a fabulous dress that I once wore in the Mardi Gras Parade a few years back. Of course the gaggle of wannabe Patsys were like embers surrounding a flaming log and to this day Aunty Pats still uses my photograph when applying for new jobs. Shes been a little quiet lately.

Quentin QF WP, While it would be great to travel back to Aus with you, I fear at my present rate it will be about as fast as it was in a Connie all those years ago. Its rather annoying how work has been so inconsiderate to my creativity. And while I may have hastily given some guarantee about a possible ending being not possible, I take poetic licence and will need to consider all scenarios. I apologise in advance if somehow you and your lovely new wife and in-laws are caught up in an incident. Remember though that it is all in good fun and while I know so many of you are living this experience as your own, well..it is, fantasy. There, I said it and I hope it hasnt disappointed some of you.

Life is full of disappointments but the greatest of them all is the disappointment at not having done something before it was too late. Mother drilled into me from an early age that for many on this planet, a fantasy world is a wonderful thing because in many instances it is the only way they will ever experience those things in life that to the privileged like ourselves are so rightfully accustomed.

Now to my latest tipple and Salad Nicoise. Let the play begin!

[This message has been edited by GoldFlyer (edited Feb 10, 2004).]
Old Feb 10, 2004, 1:43 am

Ok, Patsy wanna be , we will wait and exert our patience, whilst you take eternity to (piss off) the HM immigration officer at Heathrow whilst you daddle
and drag along your houseboy who is carrying your 30 bags of Singapore Duty Free. Oh, sorry, we're out of the Vodka Dom, but here is cheap American wine in its place. ;p~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As for AbFab, my dear, Yes Prime Minister is the leading show from the UK and I will not entertain any exceptions to that rule, and yes, I make the rules, so that you know from now on. . I may permit the showing of AbFab which is clearly secondary to YPM, and as I do have a crush on the daughter, and she speaks French, so I will let the show continue. smiles

Now, get through customs, I am sure the green channel, though if I were an HM customs inspector you would be hating life! whoo hoo LOL

Get to the Dor and do your thing. We need to see an onward flight soon or else Interflug will be doing a trip report and it's gonna be a fun one. ..................

G'day...

------------------
YAS+

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.