SYD to LHR on a Plane

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2004, 6:39 am

Just fabulous!

Alec in PVD
Old Dec 21, 2004, 4:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: QFF WP :-0, AC, FlyBuys, Porter's Liquor Store, Mother's Helper
Apologies to all readers but the urgent call has gone out from a far-flung branch of the family in deepest darkest UK. Come back to your roots they say and for a moment I thought I was being propositioned! Better luck next time and besides, I’m so over alabaster.

So really, I am going SYD to LHR on a Plane.

After a short visit to the mound on Christmas morning, bless her, I will be sure to pack my fancy pants, little helpers and fake fur again in 30 degree heat for the trek to home base.

Now where is that changing room?
Old Dec 26, 2004, 7:40 am

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
Finally, the sequel looks like appearing... ^

For those that have no idea what I am talking about - if you have a couple of hours and looking for a hilarious tale, sit down with a box of Kleenex and hit Page 1 of this Topic...

then, at the end, if you don't have tears running in rivulets smearing your mascara (if you're female), then you must have a sense of humour that isn't like mine....
Old Dec 29, 2004, 9:41 am

Programs: After years of status, back to Peon levels. Anti-Apostheid Platinum, PWP CentCom
I predict GoldFlyer may be confused a bit by Virgin Atlantic
Old Dec 30, 2004, 3:20 am

Programs: Too many golds, no plat: OZ*G, AC*G, NZ*G, VA Gold, QF Gold, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by QF WP
then, at the end, if you don't have tears running in rivulets smearing your mascara (if you're female), then you must have a sense of humour that isn't like mine....
In Gold Flyer's surreal world, it's not just the girls who wear mascara...
Old Dec 31, 2004, 5:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bdjohns1
I predict GoldFlyer may be confused a bit by Virgin Atlantic
Oh my dear felllow, confused with Latin and those so Latin boys but who isn't! Anything else is, well part of life. You deal with it and move on.

To put you straight pet, if you ain't already, I know the differerence between real 1st class and pretend.,.... It's all in the Champagne my dear and if it ain't Dom, it ain't on! O'h I should be a script writer. Lament.....

I have a tale to tell allas I'm so F**king pissed to even bother to tell but lets just begin with a snippet and advise that Old England is the better for me on my mercey dash to save the poor wretches from missery and Qantas is the lesser for me (ok I like a drink or two). Bless those comfy little changing rooms, the free flowing Dom Perignon and empty seats abound! Oh, and dear Ben, what a star! A consumate pro (in the nicest of terms) and he fitted so nicely in my interview seat for that oh but short hour on the tarmac al LHR whilst we awaited a gate lounge. Did they not know who I was?

Last edited by GoldFlyer; Dec 31, 2004 at 5:18 am
Old Dec 31, 2004, 6:57 am

Programs: BA emerald, AF rouge ,UA premier executive, SQ,ANA, HYATT,, AMENITI
Took me few hours to read it all but i enjoyed every second.
Great. Btw when is your next trip ^
Old Jan 2, 2005, 9:35 pm

Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
He's on it now (strangely enough SYD/LHR on QF again), so most of his regular readers are waiting with eager antipication for the sequel...
Old Feb 14, 2005, 12:21 pm

Programs: UA-Gold, 1MM, Marriott Gold, Global Entry
Discovered, and read, Valentines Day 2005.

Worthy of FlyerTalk's.... Armistead Maupin Award!

Excellence in laughter!

Thank you!
Old Feb 14, 2005, 12:34 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
GoldFlyer, where is the sequel?
Old Feb 19, 2005, 4:03 am
Original Poster

It's in my head. I'm trying to sort fact from fiction but then as Mother said, "reality is a state of mind and dependant, ultimately on how well you know your doctor/bottleshop attendant" funny how they offer similar antidotes to ones life pains.

Upshot is that I've done the SYD to LHR on a Plane thing, yes again, and it was fab. Me being me and having just passed that year that most people dread (40 you cheeky *******s) I have met someone special, again soem of you crueler types will jest, so it may turn out to be SYD to YWG in a Plane. That's the plan for Easter. I feel I can combine the two, none of you would ever know the difference, you sweet loyal viewers, all trips are the same in cattle aren't they. You leave it to me to describe how wonderful the experience is in First because you know you will never get there yourselves and even if you did, not really feel comfortable - I might be sitting right next to you, and that's not a thought you would like to entertain.

So help me out, PM me for my postal address where you can send Don Perignon, or Vodka, or both if that's how desperate you are to read more of GoldFlyers adventures, The '96 is exceptional and I had the wonderful experience of sharing it (yes I can share) with a special someone just recently. I look forward to dong the same again in five, short weeks.
Old Jun 19, 2005, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Wow! What an epic. I think the shock value of the first couple of installments is what really hits. How can you top that Goldflyer?

FYI, I found this thread at the bottom of this page http://www.freefrequentflyermiles.com/index.htm

Has anyone actually tried Vodka Dom and lived to tell about it? What about Vodka Dom Red Bull? I may have to give that a try soon.
Old Aug 2, 2005, 12:25 am

Programs: UA 1MM, DL former Gold, AA, SPG, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Well, GoldFlyer, should you ever pass through LAX, let's meet for some Vodka Dom's. That sounds like a fabulous time to me... and I would love to hear more about your travel adventures...
Old Aug 5, 2005, 11:57 pm

And as GoldFlyer had foretold, indeed fate has dealt him a cruel blow and he'll be living in YWG...but we're waiting for his Easter escapades of SYD to YWG in a Plane for more indepth analysis...
Old Aug 6, 2005, 6:38 am

Programs: UAL MM, BA G
Originally Posted by stimpy
Has anyone actually tried Vodka Dom and lived to tell about it? What about Vodka Dom Red Bull? I may have to give that a try soon.
Bolli-Stoli was quite a hit in when AbFab was popular - not a bad cocktail actually. I may have me one today...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.