Reload this Page >

SYD to LHR on a Plane

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SYD to LHR on a Plane

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2004, 8:58 pm

Programs: Too many golds, no plat: OZ*G, AC*G, NZ*G, VA Gold, QF Gold, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Superb! The Oscar is rightfully yours! I shall cherish the mental image of Queenie and the corgis getting the fright of their life on that wintry morning.

Now, I don't suppose you have Verity's number?
Old Feb 21, 2004, 8:50 am

Programs: Amex, Avis, BA, BD, CX, FS, Hertz, HH, IC, LH, NH, RC, RCCL, Sixt, SPG, SQ, UA
What is your real job, Goldflyer ?

Superb!
Old Feb 21, 2004, 12:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QFF WP :-0, AC, FlyBuys, Porter's Liquor Store, Mother's Helper
You want to out me flamboyant1? I used to be a chef for some years but now after a bit of retraining at uni I am the CEO of a private social club in the city. Nothing saucy, a club in the traditional Englich sense.
Old Feb 21, 2004, 1:48 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by GoldFlyer:
You want to out me flamboyant1? I used to be a chef for some years but now after a bit of retraining at uni I am the CEO of a private social club in the city. Nothing saucy, a club in the traditional Englich sense. </font>
"Nothing Saucy" Sounds like Miss Whiplash to me!
I have never laughed as much as reading this thread. My wife thinks I have finally gone over. Thanks for a brilliant post

Old Feb 23, 2004, 5:29 pm

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
Hey Goldflyer, you might know a friend of mine - Hugh (won't use his surname here) is the Manager of another Sydney based exclusive Club...
Old Feb 23, 2004, 11:42 pm
Original Poster

Yes indeed I do. We meet for lunch on a regular basis. Small world, oh my. Enjoy the "meeting" in BNE tonight.
Old Feb 27, 2004, 6:26 pm

Programs: DL FC, NW
Now that was a great story. Is there a Freddie for this???
Old Feb 28, 2004, 5:33 pm

Programs: Bah, HUMBUG!
*ROFLMAO* I CANNOT BELIEVE it's taken me this long to get back here... hey someone said 2-3 weeks and I thought they were serious! MMmm, first officer eh?? So you didn't feel me having a grab when I hugged you? You really have had too much Vodka Dom (or given the destination would that be Vodka Pom?)
Old Mar 2, 2004, 4:42 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by mad_atta:
My dear GoldFlyer, honoured as I am that my alter ego got a mention in your Oscar acceptance speech, it does seem just a smidgeon premature given that the closing scenes of your epic have yet to be released to the baying hounds of public opinion. The suspense is palpable! FT Chat is alive with speculation!! InterflugIL62 is quaking in his ugg boots!!! Master of suspense that you are, I can only beg for mercy: please, it's time to put us out of our misery...</font>
I am quaking in what? nah, don't think so, just planning someone's painful upcoming flight. ;p

Hey GoldFlyer, did you steal the First Class cabin flowers again? They are getting real peeved with that at corporate.

------------------
LA-Miami, Raleigh, Gatwick, Frankfurt, Heathrow, Tel Aviv/Jerusalem, LHR, Paris CDG, LHR, New York JFK, and home!
AA Plat,Lifetime Gold, UA P/E, Marriott Silver, Sheraton Gold,
Hilton Silver(for now)
Old Mar 2, 2004, 11:26 am

Oh my gosh it is a horror movie!

Too much! Too, too, too, much, but thank yer for the entertainment.

Hey, so, where is Mad Atta in all this? Did I miss something?

------------------
LA-Miami, Raleigh, Gatwick, Frankfurt, Heathrow, Tel Aviv/Jerusalem, LHR, Paris CDG, LHR, New York JFK, and home!
AA Plat,Lifetime Gold, UA P/E, Marriott Silver, Sheraton Gold,
Hilton Silver(for now)
Old Mar 2, 2004, 12:58 pm
Original Poster

Interflug,

I suppose you did miss something. Mad_atta was played as Dam Taat. Udd boots are these awful calf length sheepskin boots worn in these parts by people in th eouter suburbs. Strangely enough, some "movie types" in LA have decided that they like them too.
Old Mar 2, 2004, 1:37 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by GoldFlyer:
Interflug,

I suppose you did miss something. Mad_atta was played as Dam Taat. Udd boots are these awful calf length sheepskin boots worn in these parts by people in th eouter suburbs. Strangely enough, some "movie types" in LA have decided that they like them too.
</font>
Stupide moi. Never would have seen that, not good with the letter re-arranging and would die of national embarrassment if I were on one of those quiz shoes. Hum, hum, don't know. Pass.

Also, you do realize that as to the center/refold mentioned above that it would be of an airplane, fully painted of course.
Old Mar 3, 2004, 4:19 am
Original Poster

Outwardly of course my friend.

But I'm sure you will secretly be very happy with a chuncky Frau in nurses uniform dispensing her treatment.

As to letters, you just let me know when I'm going too fast mate. I'll take a breather but no straw involved.

Bali, September. Slight problem as it is end of financial year for me and auditors will be crawling all over the place. mother of course loved any bloke that crawled and even better if he could manage witn an anal report? in his mouth.

Perhaps a visitation in sunny SYD wil be attractive enough but be prepared to walk on the wild side. I think Dam Taat may even be available to show you around.

[This message has been edited by GoldFlyer (edited Mar 03, 2004).]
Old Mar 4, 2004, 8:24 am

Programs: QF Platinum One (LTG), UA Plat IHG Plat
What a fantastic effort. I loved every minute, and kind of glad I didn't get to join the ride.. who knows what might have happened to me!

------------------
RichardMEL, UA 1P (It's Time to Fly)
A Star Alliance Member.
Old Mar 4, 2004, 8:37 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by RichardMEL:
What a fantastic effort. I loved every minute, and kind of glad I didn't get to join the ride.. who knows what might have happened to me!

</font>
Goldflyer, so what arr ya gonna do with Mr. Melbourne here? I think he's asking for it.

As for Sydney, here is the deal. If I can get there using miles. Everyone is having problems using their AA miles on Qantas, though I could see Air Tahiti and stop in Bora Bora, that would be so worth it!

Will keep yer posted.

Now Oh Behave, or I will have to get Dr. Evil after you and it won't be pretty!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.