Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mileage Running for Air France New First Class/La Première

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2015, 3:00 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
OMD - DL Sky Club catering looks decent (especially comparing to UA Red Carrot Club)...

Nice report BTW^
Old Feb 14, 2015, 12:30 pm

Your great comments had me dribbling my tea for a moment this morning!

Hillarity!

But, I reckon you've lost your mind to be doing this, else fancy a bit of masochism?
Old Feb 14, 2015, 9:17 pm

Programs: DL Diamond; Marriott Titanium
Definitely not the normal SFO TR, but I like it.
Old Feb 14, 2015, 9:44 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Gulf Air Falconflyer Gold
Great report so far. It's nice to see the occasional trip report on the insane things we do to earn the miles to take the really good trips. On a side note, the photo in SEA of the Tower is the Ramp Control Tower, not the ATC one. That tower is located at the end of the airfield and is much nicer. And taller.

Keep up the good work!
Eric
Old Feb 14, 2015, 11:01 pm

Programs: QF WP LTG
A man on a mission. Looking forward to the AF F TR after all this!
Old Feb 15, 2015, 1:42 pm
was thetravelingRedhead

Programs: Delta Silver Medallion, United Silver Premier
DL looks very nice!

Sadly i dont think I will be upfront for a while :P

Seems they didnt change the WIFI either... i heard that they were going to add passcodes because us regular travelers could sit outside of a SC and use their wifi (I admit I did this once at one of the B concourse ATL ones.)
Old Feb 15, 2015, 1:59 pm

Programs: Priority Club (Platinum)
Great reports - the goal of AF La Premier will make these short legs worth it, in the end!
Old Feb 15, 2015, 3:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
And the home stretch...

February 9th
• Denver-Salt Lake City
• Salt Lake City-Las Vegas
• Las Vegas-Salt Lake City
• Salt Lake City-Denver

What was supposed to be leisurely day turned upside down when I woke up to a text and email from Delta advising that my 1:00P flight was now scheduled to depart at 1:30P and that I may miss my connection. From experience, airlines almost always lie about and underestimate delays. So with an already tight 45 minute SLC connection now down to an advertised 15 minutes, that was way too risky. My options were 11:45A (Y only) or 8:53A. While I hesitated, the 11:45A disappeared so I selected the 8:53A. A quick shower and I was on the road again to DIA. With construction completed on I-225, it was an easy 35 minute drive this morning.

Denver-Salt Lake City
DL 4848
CRJ-700
8:53A-10:30A
February 9, 2015

Another typically great DL crew this morning with a open bar PDB, #12 of 12 DL flights. Multiple passes of the breakfast snack basket.

So that's how they turn on Wifi.

On time arrival in SLC and I stopped into the Sky Club for 30 minutes. Fortunately, the DL gate agent in Denver switched me to an earlier SLC-LAS flight so I didn't have a 5 hour layover in this depressing club.

Salt Lake City-Las Vegas
DL 1683
737-800
11:35A-11:57A
February 9, 2015

Apparently I've flown too many DL flights in the last week as I can't remember a thing about his one.
A 5 minute walk from the DL gates is the new Centurion Lounge. A great place to spend a few hours in between flights.

Time to check out the bar and food.

Very nice.

My excellent lunch.

Time for a little work.

And another meal before my flight.

Las Vegas-Salt Lake City
DL 2017
737-900ER
4:55P-7:17P
February 9, 2015

Another great crew, #14 of 14 PDBs and an on time arrival at SLC.
And finally...

Salt Lake City-Denver
DL 939
A320
8:10P-9:38P (sked)
8:10P-9:25P (actual)
February 9, 2015

Open bar PDB #15 makes it a perfect 100%. And another excellent DL crew despite the antique dark A320. No cabin divider and the old table trays attached to the seat in front.

On time arrival back in Denver and I was home by 10:30.

And three days later, it was official. I now have the right to be completely stupid and pay 162,500 miles for a one way TATL Air France First Class ticket.

Last edited by SFO777; Oct 3, 2015 at 8:34 am
Old Feb 15, 2015, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SYDSiderFlyer
I absolutely love reading your reports and travels! Can't wait for the next part.
Thank you very much SYDSiderFlyer.

Originally Posted by happymom2008
I have got to try this and I know I'm nuts! The new seats on AF look so inviting...I maybe dreaming. I know MrsSFO777 appreciates your efforts.
Thanks happymom2008. Indeed, she was more than happy to see me head on these mileage runs.

Originally Posted by themapelligroup
I admire your dedication SFO777, any strategy to fly The Residence by EY anytime soon?
Thanks you themapelligroup. Still working on that Residence strategy.

Originally Posted by caverunner17
I thought that was cash only?
Originally Posted by themapelligroup
I think you can get a ticket for just 1 million miles.
Yeah, there's got to be a better way than that.

Originally Posted by LANDJ999
OMG I'm exhausted reading this. This must be tougher than trekking in Nepal.
LOL. No way, this was a piece of cake compared to Nepal.

Originally Posted by tuchop
Ahh, another outstanding trip report by SFO777. We absolutely love them! Good thing AF doesn't require you to fly them for their Elite Status. The new F looks very similar to QR's a380 First class, doesn't it? At the moment, I'd say AF offers a better product since QR didn't even open a FC lounge yet..
Thanks so much tuchop and for your kind comments.

Originally Posted by Surftel
Redonkulous!
Eyes on the prize.... Seats are $13,000 LAX-CDG. Worth a couple days of flying around. Can't wait for the report
Indeed. Thank you Surftel.

Originally Posted by TPJ
OMD - DL Sky Club catering looks decent (especially comparing to UA Red Carrot Club)... Nice report BTW^
Thanks TPJ.

Originally Posted by Flyingfox
Your great comments had me dribbling my tea for a moment this morning! Hillarity!
But, I reckon you've lost your mind to be doing this, else fancy a bit of masochism?
Thank you Flyingfox. I appreciate it.

Originally Posted by hickmantitle
Definitely not the normal SFO TR, but I like it.
Thanks hickmantle.

Originally Posted by ZFW-ATC
Great report so far. It's nice to see the occasional trip report on the insane things we do to earn the miles to take the really good trips. On a side note, the photo in SEA of the Tower is the Ramp Control Tower, not the ATC one. That tower is located at the end of the airfield and is much nicer. And taller.
Keep up the good work!
Eric
Thanks so much Eric. And for the clarification about the tower.

Originally Posted by snabbu
A man on a mission. Looking forward to the AF F TR after all this!
Thank you snabbu.

Originally Posted by thetravelingRedhead
DL looks very nice!
Sadly i dont think I will be upfront for a while :P
Seems they didnt change the WIFI either... i heard that they were going to add passcodes because us regular travelers could sit outside of a SC and use their wifi (I admit I did this once at one of the B concourse ATL ones.)
LOL. I've done that as well outside a few clubs.

Originally Posted by iaflyer
Great reports - the goal of AF La Premier will make these short legs worth it, in the end!
Thanks iaflyer
Old Feb 15, 2015, 4:04 pm

The things you do for F
looking forward to the AF segments^
Also excited to stop by the LAS AMEX lounge for the first time in a couple of weeks, though it'll be on a sunday night full of chaos and craziness...
Old Feb 15, 2015, 6:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
I have not flown Delta for years and certainly it looks much much better than the UA subpar offerings I am used to.

Not sure if this is grass is greener on the other side or DL is just simply better.

Looking forward to the rest of the TR. Thanks for keeping us entertained.
Old Feb 15, 2015, 11:49 pm

Programs: DL PM, HHonors Gold, SPG
So now that you have the right to purchase La Première, when are you going? Can't wait to see your report!
Old Feb 16, 2015, 11:11 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
I fly DL more than any other airline (love their FCM fares) and they are excellent on PDB. Not sure I have missed one in the past 12 months.

Crews are almost always friendly.

B10 SC in ATL is an abomination. B27 is not much better on most days. Catering is hit or miss IMO.

I do credit it all to AS (moved to FL from PNW last July) as I like their FF program better.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 8:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by steveman518
The things you do for F
looking forward to the AF segments^
Also excited to stop by the LAS AMEX lounge for the first time in a couple of weeks, though it'll be on a sunday night full of chaos and craziness...
Thanks very much stevenman518. Enjoy the Amex lounge.

Originally Posted by UA_Flyer
I have not flown Delta for years and certainly it looks much much better than the UA subpar offerings I am used to.
Not sure if this is grass is greener on the other side or DL is just simply better.
Looking forward to the rest of the TR. Thanks for keeping us entertained.
Thank you UA_Flyer. I think all three airlines are pretty much moving in the same direction... racing to the bottom unfortunately. Although at least UA seems to be improving domestic meals.

Originally Posted by knively
So now that you have the right to purchase La Première, when are you going? Can't wait to see your report!
Thanks knively. We're going to Paris in June before a south of France barge cruise. I currently have LH First both ways but will replace the return LH flights with AF.

Originally Posted by apodo77
I fly DL more than any other airline (love their FCM fares) and they are excellent on PDB. Not sure I have missed one in the past 12 months. Crews are almost always friendly.
B10 SC in ATL is an abomination. B27 is not much better on most days. Catering is hit or miss IMO.
I do credit it all to AS (moved to FL from PNW last July) as I like their FF program better.
Thanks apodo77. Definitely agree on the friendly DL crews, consistently ahead of AA/UA. Good move crediting to AS as SkyPesos is become more like SkyRubles.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 1:35 pm

Great tr as usual. Only downside to this one is I'm already looking forward to the AF one! 325k for 2 one way is a hell of alot of miles but I'm sure it will be worth it. I would love to copy you but that is too many miles for me i think.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.