Search

Mileage Running for Air France New First Class/La Première

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2015, 8:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Seat 2A
Except for the photos of that depressing little B-10 lounge, which I also know well.
haha I had the same thought. For a brief moment before I switched to UA, I was doing IAH-ATL-GSO and back on DL for work every week, and found myself in that stupidly tiny SC a lot. Haven't been in that one in years, I normally seek out one of the ones on the 2nd floor if I have the time.
Old Feb 13, 2015, 12:03 am

Originally Posted by lh4116
interesting report! Though why go through the hassle of getting fb silver when you can just get a discounted paid ticket? Af have ran a few promotions on first class fares from the us.
burn the heretic, burn them, burn them.
Old Feb 13, 2015, 12:03 am

Originally Posted by LH4116
Interesting report! Though why go through the hassle of getting FB Silver when you can just get a discounted paid ticket? AF have ran a few promotions on First Class fares from the US.
BURN THE HERETIC, BURN THEM, BURN THEM.
Old Feb 13, 2015, 1:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
And off we go again for another day of "going nowhere" on Delta.

February 5th
• Denver-Salt Lake City
• Salt Lake City-Portland
• Portland-Seattle
• Seattle-Salt Lake City
• Salt Lake City-Denver

I left home just after 7AM and amazingly arrived at DIA only 30 minutes later. Pre-Check was a breeze and I was in the A concourse Admirals Club by 7:40AM.
Headed for the train and the C concourse 30 minutes later.

Denver-Salt Lake City
DL 4848
CRJ-700
8:53A-10:30A
February 5, 2015

Another great crew this morning on the return leg of their early morning SLC-DEN flight. And naturally open bar PDB, #7 of 7 DL flights. Multiple passes of the breakfast snack basket.

Sunny morning and beautiful views on our descent.

With an on time arrival, I headed to the SLC Sky Club for 30 minutes between flights.

Pretty nice food spread although I arrived during the transition from breakfast to lunch.

Salt Lake City-Portland
DL 1741
737-800
11:30A-12:38P
February 5, 2015

Good crew and now 8 for 8 on PDBs. But it was clown central this morning as the guy across the aisle watched a video without a headset. Yeah, we all want to hear your stupid party.

And the doofus beside me that brought on a full Starbucks and then proceeded to fall asleep. Had to wake him just before take-off to tell him he may want to hold onto his coffee on take-off.

Another on time arrival in Portland where I had nearly two hours to kill before my SEA flight.

The old PDX carpet that they are apparently replacing.

Off to the Sky Club.

And the lunch time food spread...

Much of which I sampled...

At T-30, I headed out to the gate next door.

Portland-Seattle
DL 4790
CRJ-700
2:27P-3:14P
February 5, 2015

Another great crew with PDBs and inflight drinks despite the quick flight of only about 20 minutes.

Boeing Field.

And the lovely weather continued in the Pacific Northwest.

Ramp Control Tower with 12th man flag, despite the last minute choke.

And the trek over to the S Gates.

And the S Sky Club.

My SEA-SLC was running 20 minutes late and left the Sky Club arriving at S4 as the inbound was still deplaning. Nevertheless gate lice were standing in line, the most obnoxious of which was a POS who yapped on her cell phone the entire time.

Seattle-Salt Lake City
DL 1457
737-900ER
4:22P-7:15P (sked)
5:05P-7:44P (actual)
February 5, 2015

OMG, what did I do to deserve this. The loud mouth POS is my seat mate.
On with the Bose and up with the volume.

Nice new plane with large seat back screen and power outlets.

Another great crew with PDB #10 of 10 so far. IFE worked great as I watched the Cavs pummel the Clippers on the way to Salt Lake.

We pulled up to D4 at 7:44P which should have still given me 26 minutes to make my connection. But for some reason, the 8:10P SLC-DEN departure time was moved up to 8:00P and from a different concourse, C5. Yikes. Fortunately, I was the first off the plane and hustled my butt over to C5 arriving at 7:49P. A couple more boarded and the door was closed at 7:55P. OK, that was close.

Salt Lake City-Denver
DL 939
A320
8:10P-9:38P (sked)
7:55P-9:10P (actual)
February 2, 2015

Another open bar PDB makes it 11 in a row for Delta on this run. An old dark A320 means reading and surfing the web on Gogo. With the early SLC departure, and a direct route into DEN, we arrived nearly 30 minutes early. Unlike UA, a GA was waiting at the jet bridge and I was at home by 10PM.

Up next:

February 9th
Denver-Salt Lake City
Salt Lake City-Las Vegas
Las Vegas-Salt Lake City
Salt Lake City-Denver
and the beautiful new LAS Centurion Lounge.

Last edited by SFO777; Feb 15, 2015 at 3:59 pm
Old Feb 13, 2015, 1:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by IWontRegretThis
How are you finding Delta out of Denver? I have been doing it a bit recently as well... and im pleasantly surprised VS AA. Enough that I dont mind having to leave the AA club 10 min sooner to trek out to C at least.
Have to agree IWontRegretThis. I am really enjoying Delta, especially the friendly crews, Wifi even on RJs and 100% PDBs, a shocking change from PDB-challenged AA. And the AC is pretty conveniently located by the elevator so its not that inconvenient. And always good to see the wonderful AAngels.

Originally Posted by abari
Looking forward to the next set of posts and that AF first class cabin looks amazing!
Totally agree about AF. Thank you abari.

Originally Posted by Madone59
A good look at what filling the mileage bank looks like ^. This is one I should share with my wife
LOL. These ones are pretty tame compared to some of my early coach ones. Mrs. SFO doesn't mind anymore as she knows she benefits.

Originally Posted by mike&co
Another sfo777 trip report ^
Thanks mike&co.

Originally Posted by LH4116
Interesting report! Though why go through the hassle of getting FB Silver when you can just get a discounted paid ticket? AF have ran a few promotions on First Class fares from the US.
Good question. Those discounted F tickets are still going to run $10K for the two of us and that's just in the off-season. For June or September, IAH-CDG is $20K+ for two. Even at 162,500 miles one way, it's still a lot cheaper when you have a boatload of miles. And availability is just about everyday which you can't find many other places. But at those prices I'm only planning to do AF one way home from CDG with LH First on the outbounds.

Originally Posted by worldtraveller73
Tales from the road...
LOL. Thanks worldtraveller73.

Originally Posted by krazykanuck
... For a brief moment before I switched to UA, I was doing IAH-ATL-GSO and back on DL for work every week, and found myself in that stupidly tiny SC a lot. Haven't been in that one in years, I normally seek out one of the ones on the 2nd floor if I have the time.
Thank you krazykanuck. Yeah, I think that's the last time I'll be visiting that Sky Club.
Old Feb 13, 2015, 1:38 am
Moderator, Trip Reports

Programs: UA GS-2MM, Marriott Ambassador
Are you nuts????
Old Feb 13, 2015, 1:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by eightblack
Are you nuts????
Absolutely.
Old Feb 13, 2015, 2:15 am

I absolutely love reading your reports and travels! Can't wait for the next part.
Old Feb 13, 2015, 5:29 am

I have got to try this and I know I'm nuts! The new seats on AF look so inviting...I maybe dreaming. I know MrsSFO777 appreciates your efforts.
Old Feb 13, 2015, 7:13 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite, AZ CFP
I admire your dedication SFO777, any strategy to fly The Residence by EY anytime soon?
Old Feb 13, 2015, 9:56 am
Formerly known as caveruner17

Originally Posted by themapelligroup
I admire your dedication SFO777, any strategy to fly The Residence by EY anytime soon?
I thought that was cash only?
Old Feb 13, 2015, 2:34 pm

OMG I'm exhausted reading this. This must be tougher than trekking in Nepal.
Old Feb 13, 2015, 2:44 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite, AZ CFP
Originally Posted by caverunner17
I thought that was cash only?
I think you can get a ticket for just 1 million miles.
Old Feb 13, 2015, 5:05 pm

Programs: A bit of this and a bit of that
Ahh, another outstanding trip report by SFO777. We absolutely love them! Good thing AF doesn't require you to fly them for their Elite Status. The new F looks very similar to QR's a380 First class, doesn't it? At the moment, I'd say AF offers a better product since QR didn't even open a FC lounge yet..
Old Feb 13, 2015, 8:48 pm
Suspended

Redonkulous!

Eyes on the prize.... Seats are $13,000 LAX-CDG. Worth a couple days of flying around

Can't wait for the report

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.