Old Feb 21, 2015, 6:47 am

Programs: DL Gold, UA Gold, B6 Mosaic, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by SFO777

DL 939
A320
8:10P-9:38P (sked)
8:10P-9:25P (actual)
February 9, 2015[/B]

Open bar PDB #15 makes it a perfect 100%. And another excellent DL crew despite the antique dark A320. No cabin divider and the old table trays attached to the seat in front.

On time arrival back in Denver and I was home by 10:30.
Mr. SFO I flew one of those the other day! Check out my Trip Report

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...s-bos-slc.html
Old Feb 21, 2015, 8:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by concorde02
I thought you have to be Flying Blue Gold to redeem AF F... not just Silver... I am not sure.
Flew AF F 4 times from finding relatively cheaper tickets ... 3 of the 4 had great service and ground service was phenomenal. The F lounge which was renovated in September 2014 ... from my personal opinion .. was not as beautiful as it used to..
I tend to think that it is too much trouble to get FB gold status plus 162500 miles just to fly F one flight (if bad luck, you may get a lazy crew.. that happen to every airlines except Japan/Korea even with SQ), I rather just buy it.
Don't know when they started including Silver. Maybe they weren't getting many redemptions. At 162,500, I wonder why? I know it's outrageous but I only plan to use it selectively. The offset is that they are like UA's Standard awards. If there is a seat for sale, you can book it with miles.

Originally Posted by concorde02
The last time I flew AF was CDG-JNB A380 and F cabin was full: 9/9.. everybody paid for it! wow. That was the only time with AF F that the service was not good. The food out of CDG was phenomenal.... Made me feel like if LH gets 1/10, AF gets 10/10 score. When the food comes from other station, it's not good though.
Interesting. I was planning to only book it ex-CDG to get the full experience.

Originally Posted by kcmd
Didn't know about the 15 segment to get Silver on FB, thanks for the info..now I'm going to try for this flight...can't wait to see how it went for you!!
Thanks kcmd.

Originally Posted by oxymoron
I am hooked to it now
Me too.

Originally Posted by Calchas
Also 30 segments for gold, which gives international lounge access, Sky Priority, and access to the Delta upgrade list (at the bottom). 60 segments for platinum which, well, doesn't give you anything else.
The Flying Blue programme is actually quite generous status-benefit-wise, but the earning/burning rate is quite appalling. In the UK we often call it "Flying Poo".
Thanks for the info Calchas. When I compared the benefits of each level, it didn't seem like there was much incentive to go beyond Silver at least in my case. My only interest is in getting access to the F inventory. LOL on the Flying Poo thing.

Originally Posted by alexisonsmith
+1 I do not understand why SFO777 does not just find a cheap F ticket instead of Mileage running. Makes no sense. Maybe he forgot how to buy a ticket
I look at this way. The only cheap AF First tickets are during the off season. I'm going to be in Paris in June when the best F fare from Denver (with DEN-JFK on DL) is $10,107. So $20K for the two of us.

To get Silver (for nearly two years), I spent $1,300 and three days doing what I enjoy, flying. I have a lot of miles (consistently mid 7 figures) so 325,000 miles one way for the two of us beats $20K any day, all day.

Originally Posted by Lan44
Roughly how much would a sale fare one way be?
You can get JFK-CDG roundtrip during Thanksgiving, New Years and some off-peak seasonal times for not much more than $5K.

Originally Posted by Deltapilot
Mr. SFO I flew one of those the other day! Check out my Trip Report.
Yep, that's the old bird. And you even got a meal on your A320.
Old Feb 21, 2015, 10:52 am

Programs: AA EXP Marriott Ambassador
Mileage Running for Air France New First Class/La Première

Btw no pics of the 30 something babe you were seated with
Old Feb 21, 2015, 1:31 pm

Programs: UA 1.6MM
Thank you for sharing SFO777. It's nice to know that you grind things out (aka MR) sometimes. Don't stop posting your awesome trips, but its nice that you're posting a change of pace.

Safe travels.
Old Feb 22, 2015, 10:00 pm

Programs: UA , UC, Marriott
I was almost off to bed, but I just noticed this TR! Now I have a fresh glass of Johnny Walker and broke out a Cuban for this one..... it's going to be a long night I see.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 2:34 am

Programs: SPG LT Plat ANA Plat
No girls of the MR ? Just kidding SFO, dont want you in trouble again !!
Old Feb 24, 2015, 11:53 am

Programs: DL DM, National EE, Hertz PC, IHG PL, Bonvoy Amb
Question .... Are you redeeming Delta Miles or Flying Blue miles for the AF FC? Maybe I missed it. Thanks.
Old Feb 24, 2015, 9:03 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by MarkCron
Question .... Are you redeeming Delta Miles or Flying Blue miles for the AF FC? Maybe I missed it. Thanks.
It would be Flying Blue miles, as one cannot redeem SkyMiles for international F on any SkyTeam carrier.
Old Feb 24, 2015, 9:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by sky303
It would be Flying Blue miles, as one cannot redeem SkyMiles for international F on any SkyTeam carrier.
Yet another reason why they are so useless.
Old Feb 24, 2015, 10:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by warreng24
Thank you for sharing SFO777. It's nice to know that you grind things out (aka MR) sometimes. Don't stop posting your awesome trips, but its nice that you're posting a change of pace.
Safe travels.
Thanks very much warreng24.

Originally Posted by Molvak
I was almost off to bed, but I just noticed this TR! Now I have a fresh glass of Johnny Walker and broke out a Cuban for this one..... it's going to be a long night I see.
Thank you Molvak.

Originally Posted by MarkCron
Originally Posted by sky303
Indeed. FB miles.

Originally Posted by cmd320
Yet another reason why they are so useless.
And getting worse, now with no award chart.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 8:09 am

Programs: AA, SPG
This is making me want to jump ship from American.......but I love Cathay too much
Old Feb 27, 2015, 9:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
You are crazy! OK, I don`t like AF so I don`t feel any Need to fly their new F. But if I had to fly this domestic flights first, I would prefer paying for it (as I most do). The saved $ can`t be worth the stress and (most important!) time
Old Feb 27, 2015, 9:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by offerendum
You are crazy! OK, I don`t like AF so I don`t feel any Need to fly their new F. But if I had to fly this domestic flights first, I would prefer paying for it (as I most do). The saved $ can`t be worth the stress and (most important!) time
Why? I think for the most part these were "almost necessary" journeys, and DL domestic F is better than most of the domestic J and intra-Europe J flights available on our continent.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 9:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by offerendum
Stress of what? Having to sit on a plane and be poured endless complimentary beverages?
Old Feb 27, 2015, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by cmd320
Stress of what? Having to sit on a plane and be poured endless complimentary beverages?
To be honest I´m always glad when I´m back at the ground and reached my goal.......

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.