Reload this Page >

Mail Forwarding services

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mail Forwarding services

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2015, 8:27 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, AmEx, NorthWest WorldPerks, Jelly of the Month. S&H Green Stamps, Subway sub club
Originally Posted by 1alwaystraveling

1alwaystraveling

Welcome to FlyerTalk.
Old Sep 15, 2015, 8:28 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, AmEx, NorthWest WorldPerks, Jelly of the Month. S&H Green Stamps, Subway sub club
Originally Posted by yorkville

yorkville

Welcome to FT!
Old Sep 24, 2015, 12:05 am

Not sure if this has already been mentioned.

In Thailand, you can get a mailbox for 1 year at the Thai PO for about 500 baht, which is USD 13.80 / EUR 12.40 / GBP 9.00 / AUD 19.60.
Old Oct 1, 2015, 7:13 am

I've been using MyUS for over a year for forwarding to Hong Kong. No import taxes or duties to worry about here, so I've been using it extensively to order from Amazon. Some things are hard to get locally while many others are still cheaper after paying for express delivery that works out to <$3/lb. Register with an American Express card and you'll get waived registration fees and 30% off international shipping with all carriers. https://www.myus.com/welcome/amex/

Very fair shipping rates, no package receiving or consolidation fees, free storage for 30 days. Only issue for some is that they are 100% honest with declaring values and package contents for customs.
DMSFCA likes this.
Old Oct 2, 2015, 11:21 pm

Programs: TK *G, all statuses that come with Ritz, Amex Plat, Citi Prestige cards
Just as a data point for anyone else attempting to use Virtual Post Mail for credit card churning purposes - for the first time I got an error message when using a VPM mailbox on an application. Amex told me directly in an auto-generated email that the "address is a mail service center." This is the first time that any credit card company has figured out that it's not a real street address...

Tried to keep going with VPM after returning to the States since I'll still be moving around every few months and thought it would be easier to keep a single address for credit-related purposes. But, given that I'm not foreseeing long stretches of time abroad for the foreseeable future, I might just save a hundred bucks or so a year and start using my parents as my mail forwarder...
Old Jan 19, 2016, 8:39 am

Whichever service you use, stay away from Mailbox Forwarding, Inc.

I was a customer of Mailbox Forwarding, and the treatment they subjected me to is making me do something I don't remember doing in the recent time - writing a review to warn others. Mailbox Forwarding and I had it off to a great start: the good pricing, the features, I was in love. I didn't mind they didn't have a number to call. Or that their emails were all signed "Support" with no name. I didn't even mind when I sent them a pre-addressed piece of mail asking them to affix a US post stamp on it and deposit it in the mail - and they charged me the handling fee AND double the cost of the post stamp claiming "it's because we're not set up to affix post stamps". Apparently the handling fee was not enough - the post stamp also needed to cost 200% of the retail price. I wonder why it was 200%, not 300% or 400%. They just decided it's going to be double the cost. OK. So for four months, while being out of the country, I was using Mailbox Forwarding to receive, forward and exchange paperwork with various authorities, and the end result was supposed to be my APOSTILLIZED divorce decree from the Secretary of State. This was no little thing to complete, and I was so happy I was moving close to having that precious paper on hand, as it was necessary for renewal of my passport abroad. And finally, I got notification from Mailbox Forwarding that yes, I have a letter from the Secretary of State. Ecstatic, I ordered that piece of mail scanned so that I could see that this was indeed my apostillized divorce decree. Mailbox Forwarding scanned the thing - but here's the unbelievable part - they ripped off the Secretary of State's guilded seal, unsealed the pages - - now this apostille, unsealed, was worth nothing - four months of work out the window. With no word of apology Mailbox FOrwarding said verbatim, 'No one said to not cut it. In order for us to scan, we have to have the individual pages." Yes, they could have removed a staple. But, sorry, to break an Apostille seal - that's just negligent and thoughtless. We finally agreed that they would reimburse me for the costs of all the mailings leading up to the Apostille, and they credited me with $28 - the price of four months and still being stuck with an expired passport. The amazing thing was that as they issued the credit, they cancelled my account. Things still didn't end there. At termination of contract, they are obligated by law to send whatever mail they had collected for a person up to that point. I provided the address and requested tracking service, to which they responded - and it was their last email, verbatim: "Too late. We already sent you all your things by first class. And you can call me Ziploc. You are not a customer anymore." 'Call me Ziploc' - that was their answer to my earlier question what the name of the person was. I never received my remaining mail from them. I'm most sure they just threw it away. I hope that brought them a sense of redemption. Good job, Mailbox Forwarding. Stay away from them by all means.

If only I had known other people went through similar troubles with them: read the comments to this review: their customers are talking about them as unresponsive, greedy and even fraudulent: http://doesitreallywork.org/mailbox-forwarding-review/
Old Mar 31, 2016, 8:37 am

vpm

(Just joined so take my 1 post with the requisite grain of salt...)

Have been with virtualpostmail for about 4 months. I can't complain about the service at all. Has been unremarkable, which is what you want with something like this.

Unfortunately I need an NYC address, so I'm considering moving to usamail1. The only problem is price. VPM is 20/mo with 25 free scans. usamail1 is 10 with 0 free scans and $2 per scan. I've averaged 8 scans/mo over the last 4 months, so I'm looking at an extra $6. Not a big deal. But if you need more scans, the price rises quickly. If you had 25 scans, VPM would cost you still $20/mo and usamail1 is $60/mo. My guess is VPM has found most users don't use close to 25 scans and those that do are probably a loss leader for them.

Anyway, just figured I'd throw in some more data points.
Old Apr 13, 2016, 1:04 pm

Anyone tried Shipito mailbox service? Their individual plan does not have monthly fee and the cost of handling is $2 and scanning is $2 per incoming letter. They don't have packages that include a number of letters, storage but I think this is good for someone expecting occasional mail.
Old Apr 13, 2016, 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by Fellios
Anyone tried Shipito mailbox service? Their individual plan does not have monthly fee and the cost of handling is $2 and scanning is $2 per incoming letter. They don't have packages that include a number of letters, storage but I think this is good for someone expecting occasional mail.
Welcome to FlyerTalk.

Haven't trried Shipito.

What is your reason for using them?
Old Nov 1, 2016, 5:36 pm

Programs: Chase Ink Bold, Amex Gold
check deposit

I'm using Virtual Post Mail and just received a check. Is it possible to deposit the check by taking a print out of the online pdf check, endorsing it and depositing it online to any of the banks that allow online check deposit? Or do I need the actual check for online check deposit? Asking this because VPM charges around $5 for check deposit.
Old Jan 11, 2017, 11:27 am

Anyone able to share their (recent) experiences with Virtual Post Mail or Traveling Mailbox? Virtual Post Mail seems to have more customers in this thread, but Traveling Mailbox has a lot more online reviews (both good and bad). Neither really maintains a reassuring social media presence.

My primary needs are to reliably important documents and receive / forward / deposit checks from clients. I travel full time and am looking to move off of my current "Family Post Mail" plan

Last edited by mster; Jan 11, 2017 at 11:32 am Reason: add details
Old Jan 11, 2017, 11:33 am

Programs: Amex Centurion, United Global Services
Originally Posted by mster
Anyone able to share their (recent) experiences with Virtual Post Mail?

My primary needs are to reliably important documents and receive / forward / deposit checks from clients. I travel full time and am looking to move off of my current "Family Post Mail" plan
Been using them for about 3 or 4 years now I think - never have had a problem, everything works like clockwork and stuff I needed scanned is usually done by the next morning and stuff I need shipped (i.e.: credit cards, etc) get sent out next day.

It's incredibly boring in a good way, it just always works, no drama.
Old May 26, 2018, 12:08 am

Originally Posted by DMSFCA
Been using them for about 3 or 4 years now I think - never have had a problem, everything works like clockwork and stuff I needed scanned is usually done by the next morning and stuff I need shipped (i.e.: credit cards, etc) get sent out next day.

It's incredibly boring in a good way, it just always works, no drama.
Earthclassmail has hiked its prices for my account again. I am now told that the subscription cost is $49/month. Virtual Post Mail is much cheaper, and I am switching on Monday. I also didn't like the Earthclassmail quality. I remember when they changed my address with little notice.

Last edited by GarlicFlyer; May 26, 2018 at 12:43 pm
Old May 26, 2018, 7:16 am

Programs: Amex Centurion, United Global Services
Im still using VPM, maybe six years now, my rates have never changed and address has stayed the same. I cant say enough about how incredibly boring and drama free this service has been. Completely reliable and efficient.

I find as more and more things go paperless my volume has gone down but for all the physical things that come like credit cards and the like, I'll keep it forever.
Old May 26, 2018, 12:39 pm

Yes, I am halfway done switching the addresses I have on file over to the new service. So far the transition has been pain free. I also found the sign-up process with VPM to be very easy. I am really looking forward to that call with EarthClassMail where I inform them that I am cancelling.
DMSFCA likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.