Reload this Page >

Ask us about visiting Phuket, Thailand

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ask us about visiting Phuket, Thailand

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2008, 9:51 pm

$200 will go quite far in June - most hotels have reasonably good rates around this time due to the season. Indigo Pearl is located near the airport and is a nice property with good quality restaurants. It is about 30-40 minutes drive to Patong from the resort.

Diamond Cliff is located next to the Novotel Patong and is popular with the Japanese market. There are several other options in the area, including the Le Meridien and newly opened Millenium Patong which may be worth contacting for any promotions, etc.
Old Apr 11, 2008, 2:43 am
formerly known as 2lovelife

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
For promotions, also check Centara Hotels (formerly Central) website http://www.centralhotelsresorts.com/ . I know both the Hilton Arcadia and Le Meridian Khao Lak (Khao Lak, north of Phuket) both have great off season rates (Khao Lak properity has villas). Newly opened Mecure although barely a 4 star is a nice place with a good location http://www.accorhotels-asia.com/
Old Apr 11, 2008, 11:47 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by seanthepilot
Newly opened Mecure although barely a 4 star is a nice place with a good location http://www.accorhotels-asia.com/
For the same price range, I believe the Millennium is nicer and has a more centralised location, apart from being connected to Jung Ceylon.
Old Apr 16, 2008, 2:56 am

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
Later this month the girlfriend and I will spend a week at PhiPhi. I know we could take a taxi to the ferry pier, wait for a ferry and take it to the island...or take a speedboat. If we were to do something different than taxi/ferry any suggestions?
Old Apr 16, 2008, 8:09 am
Suspended

Float plane.
Old Apr 16, 2008, 8:28 am

Here's a mundane--but critical--question: We're staying at the Arcadia Hilton this December. Is there a self-service laundry or laundry service located within walking distance of the property? We'd like to avoid the hotel valet if at all possible.
Old Apr 16, 2008, 2:35 pm

"Is there a self-service laundry or laundry service located within walking distance ..."

Indeed, there are a few. The hotel is nearly surrounded by a bit of a town with plenty of entrepreneurs with "Laundry" shingles hanging outside. Explore a bit to find them. I forget if they charge by the piece or by weight, but either way it's pretty reasonable.
Old Apr 17, 2008, 5:49 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by jezsik
"Is there a self-service laundry or laundry service located within walking distance ..."

Indeed, there are a few. The hotel is nearly surrounded by a bit of a town with plenty of entrepreneurs with "Laundry" shingles hanging outside. Explore a bit to find them. I forget if they charge by the piece or by weight, but either way it's pretty reasonable.
They usually charge by weight, though one of the shops opposite the main entrance charge by piece. Never used them though.
Old Apr 17, 2008, 5:35 pm

Programs: UA Silver, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Avis CHM
Can anyone comment on the Haadson Resort located on Bangsak Beach outside of Khao Lak? I'm planning a 6 day tour-de-amazing-Thailand-Beaches for the end of May and am thinking of spending a couple of nights there (in addition to Hilton Phuket and ?? in Ko Phi Phi.)

Thanks!
Old Apr 17, 2008, 6:08 pm

Haadson Resort looks lovely. Do stay at Phi Phi as it is stunning.
Old Apr 21, 2008, 1:01 pm

Programs: AA Explat, UA 1K
I'm not sure if you would know the answer to this (thanks for the great thread by the way), but do you know anything about the ATM's available in the Phuket Airport?

Which banks operate them? And will they accept a Visa atm card (Plus, Star, Interlink)?
Old Apr 22, 2008, 8:14 am

Programs: KE Skypass, Morning Calm
Originally Posted by skit53
... but do you know anything about the ATM's available in the Phuket Airport?
I remember a row of at least half a dozen ATMs from different banks on the main floor (I definitely remember Bank of Ayudhya and Kasikorn Bank). You should have no problem with your card.
Old Apr 22, 2008, 9:00 am
formerly known as 2lovelife

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
Agreed, although they've cleared mny that were in the middle of the hall, I remember finding several tucked away on the DEPARTURES level.

Do not EXIT the building. You will not be able to enter again without going through the metal detector doors. You can get from arrivals to departures level by using the stairs on each end of the building. There is also at least 1
elevator.

**Make sure you PIN is 4 digits, not 5.**
Old Apr 22, 2008, 10:48 am

Originally Posted by seanthepilot
**Make sure you PIN is 4 digits, not 5.**
OK, what does this mean?
Old Apr 23, 2008, 8:06 am

Programs: AA Explat, UA 1K
Originally Posted by jezsik
OK, what does this mean?
Some ATM machines, especially international ones, are programmed to accept 4 digit PINs only. That would prevent you from entering a longer one.

So there are no ATM's on the arrival level?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.