Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

Cancellation of TG922/ TG923 BKK-FRA starting BKK-DUS Dec 2014

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cancellation of TG922/ TG923 BKK-FRA starting BKK-DUS Dec 2014

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2014, 7:15 pm

Programs: Flying: VA; Buying: AA, AS, AV, BA, UA!
Originally Posted by LoveSQ
In case the flt is cancelled, is Aeroplan obliged to honour the previous booking class and can they really make TG open up 1 F seat and 2 J seats on the A380 flt from FRA-BKK?
Aeroplan is at the mercy of award availability...I don't think they're obliged to do anything, happy to be corrected on that though. In many such cases US just offers free cancellation when it's too hard to reroute / there is no availability. Aeroplan can't make TG do anything, although you can ask them to liaise with TG, or you can do that directly yourself then get AP to reissue your ticket.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 7:26 pm

Programs: AC Elite 75K, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by JONEZY00
Well lets hope that they don't figure that out they can't fill it until after our respective December trips!

Would be nice to be on a B747 v the A340

Sounds great! But if it is a choice between cancellation and A340, I will take the latter any day..
Old Aug 27, 2014, 7:34 pm

Originally Posted by wheresmybagba
Aeroplan is at the mercy of award availability...I don't think they're obliged to do anything, happy to be corrected on that though. In many such cases US just offers free cancellation when it's too hard to reroute / there is no availability. Aeroplan can't make TG do anything, although you can ask them to liaise with TG, or you can do that directly yourself then get AP to reissue your ticket.

Thanks again.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 8:24 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: DL, AF and KL - UA - *G

Well that depends - you bought a contract to be flying from A to B at a certain time frame.....

When such a thing happened to me with an US award (also to BKK but TG was not the partner that screwed it up) they only offered to either cancel the ticket or to fly at very odd times - I took them to court and won even in 2 instances backed up by a German high court - the ruling was that I had a valid contact and since there were seats to be sold on other airlines - US had to get one of those seats for me at a timing that was as close as possible to the original timing OR to my liking to be negotiated - but clearly they HAVE to keep the contract which states they get me from point A to B and they have to get me there in a way that I agree on! As long as there are flights and seats available they have to buy it from their partner airlines!

US was very pi$$ed about this and so are many other European airlines as this high court ruling is binding and they were always trying to avoid such a ruling.....so they can continue to screw the passengers with their - no award seats class available BS.....
Old Aug 27, 2014, 8:32 pm

Programs: Flying: VA; Buying: AA, AS, AV, BA, UA!
Originally Posted by Germanfflyer
When such a thing happened to me with an US award (also to BKK but TG was not the partner that screwed it up) they only offered to either cancel the ticket or to fly at very odd times - I took them to court and won even in 2 instances backed up by a German high court - the ruling was that I had a valid contact and since there were seats to be sold on other airlines - US had to get one of those seats for me at a timing that was as close as possible to the original timing OR to my liking to be negotiated - but clearly they HAVE to keep the contract which states they get me from point A to B and they have to get me there in a way that I agree on! As long as there are flights and seats available they have to buy it from their partner airlines!
What about class of service?
Old Aug 28, 2014, 3:17 am

Programs: M&M, ROP, KrisFlyer
Well that depends - you bought a contract to be flying from A to B at a certain time frame.....

US was very pi$$ed about this and so are many other European airlines as this high court ruling is binding and they were always trying to avoid such a ruling.....so they can continue to screw the passengers with their - no award seats class available BS.....
..not only the airlines are pissed...YOU may be pissed even in the future as the airlines will continue to disregard your claim and make you go to/bring them to court even though the case may be clear for both of them......so its wont be fun even you think or even know you are right....whay should the airlines, whichever it may be, acknowledge this in public?
Old Aug 28, 2014, 3:25 am

Programs: M&M, ROP, KrisFlyer
Well something is going to happen....but for sure NOT another 747 to FRA they would never be able to fill it!
why not?
they filled the Jumbos besides the A380 during July and in the beginning of August, too, when they switched the aircraft from A340 to B747 within six weeks before somewhat in May....why shouldn't they be able to fill two big aircraft in winter which is main season to Thailand?
And why not increase capacity by expanding by four weekly flights during high season to/from another new destination in a high potential market such as Germany is?
Old Aug 28, 2014, 5:00 am

Programs: TG/ROP*P; CX OW/G; LH M&M; UN Privilege; KC Nomad; IT Kingclub; SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by Creole Spirit
why not?
they filled the Jumbos besides the A380 during July and in the beginning of August, too, when they switched the aircraft from A340 to B747 within six weeks before somewhat in May....why shouldn't they be able to fill two big aircraft in winter which is main season to Thailand?
And why not increase capacity by expanding by four weekly flights during high season to/from another new destination in a high potential market such as Germany is?
true and all correct, if they would have had good negotiations on winter catalogues of tour operators or package providers, then they could even overbook their economy class to fill the planes (alright, that is just my guessing and no sources on that...to those commenting my lines) - still nice for the load factor and good for TG. until proper winter schedule is issued we only can guess and hope. lets wait and see i'd say
Old Aug 28, 2014, 7:32 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Creole Spirit
..not only the airlines are pissed...YOU may be pissed even in the future as the airlines will continue to disregard your claim and make you go to/bring them to court even though the case may be clear for both of them......so its wont be fun even you think or even know you are right....whay should the airlines, whichever it may be, acknowledge this in public?
Well the fun point is - that now there is a legally binding ruling in Germany that anybody can quote to win their case - no more of that BS about the award booking class not being available on alternative flights when there is a major schedule change!
If there is such a change YOU get to choose the new flights and routing as long as you stick to the original times as close as possible and stay within the alliance!
I think that is a pretty major advantage then what used to be practice ^
Old Aug 28, 2014, 11:45 am

Well the fun point is - that now there is a legally binding ruling in Germany that anybody can quote to win their case - no more of that BS about the award booking class not being available on alternative flights when there is a major schedule change!
If there is such a change YOU get to choose the new flights and routing as long as you stick to the original times as close as possible and stay within the alliance!
I think that is a pretty major advantage then what used to be practice ^

This is a positive development indeed, at least for consumers. Wonder if we have something similar in Canada or the US.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 2:07 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Well it should be that way no matter where you are - as there is a contract between the airline and you - which business is allowed to change the contract one-sided for NO reason?
Again this assumes that there are alternative seats available with in reach but they are "only" incontinently more expansive for the airline that violated the contact!

To stick with the topic - IF they cancel TG 922 there is a LH and LX flight at about the same time that would certainly get you faster to FRA then their next 12 hour later flight on TG metal.....WHY should they be allowed to not book you on the next possible flight?!
I have a feeling a lot of judges would ask the same question - if they break the contract - they can not inconvenience you further because they want to save money on the rebooking too!
Also you might have even paid more for this flight - you chose this flight and agreed on the contract and price - rather then the late flight and now they cancel it and book you on their "cheap" late-night flight?!
Well As for Germany this is settled once and for all - if they break the contract you get to choose the next connection that suits you! YOU decide! Same as when you entered the contract - if there is a connection you like they have to pay for it....
Old Aug 29, 2014, 12:59 am

Exactly. I had several award bookings that were canceled due to flights being removed (especially when LX retooled their timetables). Got my miles back and had to start from scratch. No one's fault, no comp. Move on.
Old Aug 29, 2014, 6:17 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Well if you are that easy to please - I would rather have a flight ticket than the miles back.....

Especially when you made vacation arrangements that you can not change....!

How is that no one's fault when they choose to cancel their flights on you ?

Last edited by Germanfflyer; Aug 29, 2014 at 6:59 am
Old Aug 29, 2014, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
German case law or not, getting a FFP to purchase revenue tickets in case of a schedule change/cancellation - dream on; not going to happen
Old Aug 29, 2014, 7:44 am

Programs: A Few
Originally Posted by SK AAR
German case law or not, getting a FFP to purchase revenue tickets in case of a schedule change/cancellation - dream on; not going to happen
Aeroplan bought my partner and I SQ revenue F (Suites) SFO-SIN-SFO when SQ arbitrarily cancelled our ticketed reservation. It's rare, but does happen.

LoveSQ, you need to wait until TG actually cancels the flight before Aeroplan will do anything for you. TG will likely protect you on the other FRA-BKK flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.