Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

Cancellation of TG922/ TG923 BKK-FRA starting BKK-DUS Dec 2014

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cancellation of TG922/ TG923 BKK-FRA starting BKK-DUS Dec 2014

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2014, 8:45 am

Programs: M&M, ROP, KrisFlyer
Originally Posted by Germanfflyer
Very strange behaviour!
whats so strange about that?
Maybe they want to keep the frequencies from/to Frankfurt and simply "add" Dusseldorf a couple of time per week, at least during winter.....
Old Aug 19, 2014, 8:56 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by Aussie_flyer
I would wait until the changes are confirmed and updated in the GDS before calling, there is simply no point until then.
Yeah, they're being vague about this. Their twitter response: "We normally operate flight TG923 in December at the moment. We will let you know as soon as we have any updates."
Old Aug 19, 2014, 3:18 pm

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
Random day in Dec 2014, and TG922 is wide open, even for award redemption:
[KVS Availability Tool 7.4.2/Diamond - Awards/StarAlliance/JP-ANA-SP1]
Code:
BKK  Bangkok Metro / Suvarnabhumi Intl TH = BKK DMK [VTBS]
FRA  Frankfurt Metro / Intl DE = FRA HHN [EDDF]
TUE  16 Dec 2014 | 2 Seats

Carrier    Flight  From  Depart    To    Arrive    A/C  St  Availability
---------  ------  ----  --------  ----  --------  ---  --  -------------
TG         922     BKK   13:15     FRA   19:05     346  0   FS+  CS+  YS+
Old Aug 19, 2014, 4:58 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: DL, AF and KL - UA - *G
Wonder if the flight is going to stay now or if this is just temporary to stop the questioning?
Old Aug 19, 2014, 5:19 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
I just talked to TG in US (who are typically clueless) - they claim still on the schedule and after many days of not being able to book 923 in late Dec, today it shows up as bookable on TG site!!!!
Sure will be nice to know if this fight is actually cancelled.
Old Aug 19, 2014, 5:34 pm

Programs: A3*G, QF PLATINUM, BA GOLD, VA GOLD, HH DIAMOND
maybe they will give the DUS route to a Thai Smile A320 and run it out of Don Muang with a stop in Bangladesh, Pakistan and Romania

:-)
Old Aug 19, 2014, 8:55 pm

Programs: TG/ROP*P; CX OW/G; LH M&M; UN Privilege; KC Nomad; IT Kingclub; SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by Germanfflyer
Wonder if the flight is going to stay now or if this is just temporary to stop the questioning?
hm. difficult to say, but honestly if the flights are open for booking, then they "risk" of having more and more bookings which they eventually would have to change to other flights. well; maybe they play this just until second half of September (as earlier the date 22september came up is that any special date?) and afterwards rebook all pax on other flights e.g. 920/921 if seats available and to DUS if they would open that route definitively...

lets await TG's updates to it.
Old Aug 20, 2014, 6:02 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: DL, AF and KL - UA - *G
Actually I do not thing that THEY really have a problem attracting more bookings and then switching them over - it is the customers that worry about timing etc.
As they have a A380 to FRA and a 747 to DUS to fill if they actually pull this trough.....it would not be much problem to switch the pax - they do not care about the inconvenience in timing....
Old Aug 20, 2014, 10:45 pm

IME Thai really doesn't care much about the passengers. I am on 922/923 as the result of being on a flight muc-bkk which was cancelled and Thai reboooked me on a flight that left MUC 9 hours before I arrived there! (it was all on one PNR)

I was not notified and only noticed b/c I happened to check my reservation by chance. So a month ago I switched to the fra-bkk flight!
Old Aug 21, 2014, 3:10 am

I am on TG 921 in early Dec from FRA to BKK, but my return is on 922 on the 12th in F. I am worried and I am in the South Pacific now leaving me with few options at the moment. I will have to keep watching this thread.
Old Aug 21, 2014, 3:49 am

Originally Posted by estnet
IME Thai really doesn't care much about the passengers. I am on 922/923 as the result of being on a flight muc-bkk which was cancelled and Thai reboooked me on a flight that left MUC 9 hours before I arrived there! (it was all on one PNR).....
!
things like this happen everywhere, with all other airlines, too.
In this case its a kind of one-time event as the whole flight pattern to/from Munich was changed "once for ever". Same with the change of LH flight BKK-FRA which recently became a daylight flight instead of a night-flight.What TG can/must be blamed for is the lack of information in some cases. (Myself I got the information from my travel agent within two days and could re-arrange my schedule.)

Here is the latest update by "airlineroute" concerning Thai's DUS- and FRA-flights:
Posted: 20 Aug 2014 09:20 PM PDT
Update at 0420GMT 21AUG14

THAI earlier this week has re-opened reservations for TG922/923 Bangkok – Frankfurt service, for travel on/after 01DEC14. Previously the airline closed reservation for this A340-600 6 weekly service however this was re-opened approximately on 19AUG14.
Therefore, it appears that the airline will continue to 13 weekly flights on/after 01DEC14.
TG922 BKK1315 – 1905FRA 346 x3
TG920 BKK2340 – 0530+1FRA 380 D
TG921 FRA1410 – 0620+1BKK 380 D
TG923 FRA2055 – 1305+1BKK 346 x3
Planned Bangkok – Dusseldorf operations remains unavailable in the GDS, although the schedule is still being displayed in the OAG. Note the airline has yet to publish new schedule on/after 26OCT14, therefore further changes remain highly possible

Last edited by Creole Spirit; Aug 21, 2014 at 9:41 am
Old Aug 21, 2014, 9:59 pm

It is all well and good that "these things happen".... but to reschedule me WITHOUT NOTIFYING ME, and to boot to schedule me in such a way that it would be impossible for me to make the rescheduled flight suggests little regard for the customer AND/OR incompetent staff.
Neither UA nor TG notified me and had I not accidentally noticed this when a change was possible I could have been in big trouble
Old Aug 22, 2014, 3:36 am

Originally Posted by estnet
It is all well and good that "these things happen".... but to reschedule me WITHOUT NOTIFYING ME, and to boot to schedule me in such a way that it would be impossible for me to make the rescheduled flight suggests little regard for the customer AND/OR incompetent staff.
Neither UA nor TG notified me and had I not accidentally noticed this when a change was possible I could have been in big trouble
in your case, UA will have been notified through the CRS and then its up to UA to inform you.
If that hasn't happened yet I would complain with them now because I would assume that it meanwhile will probably have been forgotten....
I suppose they may have thought that Thai will inform you and TG will think its UA who would inform you...both airlines wll probably think that the other-one will be doing it....
Old Aug 22, 2014, 7:16 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott lifetime Plt, UA 1MM
Post removed

Last edited by JONEZY00; Aug 22, 2014 at 7:47 am
Old Aug 25, 2014, 9:50 am

Possible a new twist, but TG922/923 may be operated by Boeing 747-400 on daily basis.

This schedule has been filed in the OAG, but currently not reflected in the GDS. So who knows what TG is thinking.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.