Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

Cancellation of TG922/ TG923 BKK-FRA starting BKK-DUS Dec 2014

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cancellation of TG922/ TG923 BKK-FRA starting BKK-DUS Dec 2014

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2014, 1:47 am

Programs: TG/ROP*P; CX OW/G; LH M&M; UN Privilege; KC Nomad; IT Kingclub; SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by vbroucek
Can you share with us which systems show the BKK-DUS flight? I just tried directly on TG and three other systems and neither of them has such a flight...
matrix.itasoftware.com even gives you a price (ok its high, but a price available for nonstop flight TG926/927 serviced by 747).

i talked to TG in Thailand/BKK today long time and they said they did not issue any fare schedule yet for DUS routing, and they had no idea where others (like this webpage) got a pricing from. TG Germany offices could not provide any official confirmation either, i talked to them just now.
Old Aug 18, 2014, 3:30 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: DL, AF and KL - UA - *G
Yet you can not book any TG922/ TG923 starting from December - so the flight will be gone!
Old Aug 18, 2014, 3:34 am

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
Citing directly from your source:
Proposed schedule would mark the return of THAI’s service to Dusseldorf, since November 1990. This flight is currently not listed in the GDS nor open for reservation, therefore further changes remain highly possible.
So it seems you are contradicting yourself...
Old Aug 18, 2014, 3:37 am

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
Originally Posted by Germanfflyer
Yet you can not book any TG922/ TG923 starting from December - so the flight will be gone!
Not surprised. Their frequency for BKK-FRA was, IMHO, bit high anyway... Might be just part of restructure and attempt on improving finance sheet balance...
Old Aug 18, 2014, 12:16 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott lifetime Plt, UA 1MM
the New DUS flight is showing up on the ANA award booking tool, but with no award availability (the old TG923 is also still there but with no seats).

Does anyone have experience with TG cancelling a route and how they handle the re-booking.

We have an award reservation on TG923 in mid-Dec in F, and didn't know if I should be proactive or wait for TG to change the reservation.

Thanks in advance for the assistance
Old Aug 18, 2014, 12:57 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Hi,

as they still insist that TG 923 exists it does not make sense to call them when I did they said all is fine I am confirmed........when I pointed out that all seats are 0 they claimed this would be a very popular flight that is always sold out

More interesting will be how they will rebook us - as I am not willing and able to accept a major time change!
Old Aug 18, 2014, 3:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Not surprised. Their frequency for BKK-FRA was, IMHO, bit high anyway... Might be just part of restructure and attempt on improving finance sheet balance...
Also really lowers the number of First Class seats on the route since Lufthansa has moved to a 2 class plane to BKK. Now the only direct First Class option FRA<->BKK will be on the single TG A380.
Old Aug 18, 2014, 9:44 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Ugg...a little nervous...it's part of a reward booking I have in December, YYZ-LHR-FRA-BKK...I've tweeted them and will call tomorrow. Maybe they can route me out of LHR to BKK after I land at 6:25am, and skip FRA completely?
Old Aug 19, 2014, 2:11 am

Programs: A3*G, QF PLATINUM, BA GOLD, VA GOLD, HH DIAMOND
Originally Posted by TravellingBeard
Ugg...a little nervous...it's part of a reward booking I have in December, YYZ-LHR-FRA-BKK...I've tweeted them and will call tomorrow. Maybe they can route me out of LHR to BKK after I land at 6:25am, and skip FRA completely?
I would wait until the changes are confirmed and updated in the GDS before calling, there is simply no point until then.
Old Aug 19, 2014, 3:57 am

Programs: LX M&M
Funny, my flight TG922 on the 18th of january is again loaded in the system.
Old Aug 19, 2014, 4:01 am

Programs: Flying: VA; Buying: AA, AS, AV, BA, UA!
Originally Posted by lx343
Funny, my flight TG922 on the 18th of january is again loaded in the system.
Looks a bit strange though...shows 4 in every fare class every day.
Old Aug 19, 2014, 4:41 am

Programs: TG/ROP*P; CX OW/G; LH M&M; UN Privilege; KC Nomad; IT Kingclub; SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by wheresmybagba
Looks a bit strange though...shows 4 in every fare class every day.

yes, they have opened the inventory again within today maybe as of many customers enquiries, most likely.
The email I received from BKK TG one hour ago also confirms that as of today TG922 flies and "we are now open for sales again" ^

there were only zeros in the system this morning (UTC+7).
Old Aug 19, 2014, 4:44 am

Citing directly from your source:

So it seems you are contradicting yourself...

vbroucek:

looking at the fare construction on the DUS non-stop route it finally showed to me that the fare is not a TG issued fare, but a YY fare base (which I dont know but assume its a general fare bucket?!? which google - the database of itasoftware.com - knows...)

yesterday also TG told to me that the officer in charge did not work on a fare construct for DUS yet...

as such, its not a TG issued fare, but still possible to price the route
Old Aug 19, 2014, 5:23 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Very strange behaviour!
Old Aug 19, 2014, 5:31 am

Programs: Flying: VA; Buying: AA, AS, AV, BA, UA!
Originally Posted by Germanfflyer
Very strange behaviour!
For TG...not strange in the slightest!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.