Wiki Posts
Search

Introducing the official SWISS Lurker

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2014, 2:19 pm

Programs: Miles and More
Choose seats existing booking

Dear Swiss Lurker

I booked flights on the Swiss Homepage with LX and one segment with UA. After booking, it was temporarily possible to choose seats on the SWISS homepage for this booking for the LX flights in the "options" "reserve seats" section under "my booking details" and to access the seat map. However, since a few days I cannot access the "reserve seats" feature any more for this booking. For other bookings, the seat reservation feature works fine.

I was just wondering because the feature was available after booking, but then seems to have disappeared.

Regards

Olivier
Old Jul 17, 2014, 6:29 am
Company Representative - Swiss Airlines

Programs: Miles & More (LX)
Originally Posted by olivier
Dear Swiss Lurker

I booked flights on the Swiss Homepage with LX and one segment with UA. After booking, it was temporarily possible to choose seats on the SWISS homepage for this booking for the LX flights in the "options" "reserve seats" section under "my booking details" and to access the seat map. However, since a few days I cannot access the "reserve seats" feature any more for this booking. For other bookings, the seat reservation feature works fine.

I was just wondering because the feature was available after booking, but then seems to have disappeared.

Regards

Olivier
Hi Olivier,

Could you send me some information on your reservation, such as PNR, date and full name? Then I could have a look and might be able to find out what the reason is.

A first guess: Could it be the case that this feature has not been available anymore after July 8? On this particular date, changes were implemented and e.g. SWISS choice started.

I am looking forward to your PM.

Best regards,
Nick
Old Jul 29, 2014, 3:37 pm

Hi Nick,

Quick question about reserving seats - I'm a Senator and tried to reserve an exit row seat on a longhaul LX flight (the ones that normally cost CHF 99). I was told by the agent on the phone I still have to pay to reserve this seat even though I'm a Senator - is this true? I was quite surprised at this!

Thanks for hanging out here - really appreciate it.

David
Old Jul 30, 2014, 3:37 am

Originally Posted by tattyd
Hi Nick,

Quick question about reserving seats - I'm a Senator and tried to reserve an exit row seat on a longhaul LX flight (the ones that normally cost CHF 99). I was told by the agent on the phone I still have to pay to reserve this seat even though I'm a Senator - is this true? I was quite surprised at this!

Thanks for hanging out here - really appreciate it.

David
Hi David,

Unfortunately, the info you received was not correct. My apologies for that. As a Senator or HON Circle member you can still reserve your seat free of charge, irrespective of routing.

You should be able to reserve your preferred seat on SWISS.com also, given that you log in with your Miles&More profile.

I hope this helps!

Best regards from ZRH,
Nick
Old Jul 30, 2014, 3:13 pm

Programs: LX HON***, FB Silver, BA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt GP, Hertz Gold, GHA Black
Luggage Priority Delivery

Dear Swiss Lurker,
Could you please point me to the correct person at SWISS addressing the point of luggage priority delivery at ZRH? In almost 100% of my cases in the last 12 months the luggage delivery was in the wrong order (no tags, prio, HON). Talking to the LX staff on the ground in ZRH always end up with "we can't do anything" or "this is normally not the case". Despite the fact that the answers are not helping, the situation is not acceptable considering this is SWISS hub number 1.

Thanks.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 8:26 am

Originally Posted by HKG1111
Dear Swiss Lurker,
Could you please point me to the correct person at SWISS addressing the point of luggage priority delivery at ZRH? In almost 100% of my cases in the last 12 months the luggage delivery was in the wrong order (no tags, prio, HON). Talking to the LX staff on the ground in ZRH always end up with "we can't do anything" or "this is normally not the case". Despite the fact that the answers are not helping, the situation is not acceptable considering this is SWISS hub number 1.

Thanks.
Dear HKG1111,

Thank you very much for your feedback. I am very sorry to hear that your priority baggage delivery has not been satisfactory lately. I have forwarded your message to the person in charge.

I have also received feedback on the overall reliability of priority baggage delivery in ZRH. While I cannot disclose figures due to confidentiality reasons, I can assure you that this case fortunately constitutes the "exception to the rule" - even though I understand this answer is not fully satisfying. Overall, the quality indicators are very positive, yet have indeed shown a little decrease in June. However, my colleagues have assured me that this is a topic that receives continuous attention. Especially the interplay of various stakeholders in this process is prone to errors. But because of that there is lots of exchange between the stakeholders to further increase reliability. So I am confident that your next flights will be more pleasant again!

Once again thank you for your feedback!

Best regards,
Nick

Last edited by SwissInternationalAirLines; Jul 31, 2014 at 8:38 am Reason: Further clarification
Old Aug 1, 2014, 4:42 pm

Originally Posted by SwissInternationalAirLines
Unfortunately, the info you received was not correct. My apologies for that. As a Senator or HON Circle member you can still reserve your seat free of charge, irrespective of routing.

You should be able to reserve your preferred seat on SWISS.com also, given that you log in with your Miles&More profile.
Thanks for the info! Still having some trouble.

I logged into SWISS.com with my M&M account, added the booking to my profile and then went to select seats. I am still seeing some seats costing CHF 49 and the ones I'm after costing CHF 99!

Is there something I'm missing? Let me know if you need me to PM you the details.

Thanks, and hope you had a fun Bundesfeiertag :-)

David
Old Aug 4, 2014, 1:57 am

Originally Posted by tattyd
Thanks for the info! Still having some trouble.

I logged into SWISS.com with my M&M account, added the booking to my profile and then went to select seats. I am still seeing some seats costing CHF 49 and the ones I'm after costing CHF 99!

Is there something I'm missing? Let me know if you need me to PM you the details.

Thanks, and hope you had a fun Bundesfeiertag :-)

David
Hi David,

Thank you, my 1st of August was indeed very pleasant.

Yes, please PM me your booking info and M&M number and we can try to find out where the root of the problem is located.

However, in the meantime, may I suggest to contact the Senator customer service center in BSL with this individual request? My colleagues there will be happy to put in a seat reservation for you.

Best regards from ZRH,
Nick
Old Aug 7, 2014, 3:35 am

Dear Swiss Lurker

I'm going to fly CTA (Catania) to GVA with LX.

As I'll arrive relatively late to the airport, and travelling with hand luggage only, I'd like to do Online Check In of any sort.

Unfortunately, your website does not list Catania

http://www.swiss.com/ch/DE/vorbereit...k-in-varianten

Does that mean only counter-checkin is available in CTA?
Old Aug 7, 2014, 6:34 am

Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
Dear Swiss Lurker

As I'll arrive relatively late to the airport, and travelling with hand luggage only, I'd like to do Online Check In of any sort.

Dear YuropFlyer,

Thanks for pointing out the lacking information. I am currently in touch with our ground operations and will get back to you as soon as I can.

Best regards,
Nick
Old Aug 8, 2014, 1:35 am

Dear Swiss Lurker

Dear YuropFlyer,

In CTA online check-in is possible as well. Just use the check-in function on swiss.com and you will be forwarded to the LH check-in platform as the system for CTA is a LH system.

Best regards,
Nick
Old Aug 8, 2014, 1:43 am

Dear Swiss Lurker

Sorry, yet another question(s) from me.

I assume that you do understand German, I hope this is correct. I was reading the following article this morning:

http://www.blick.ch/news/schweiz/zue...id3039405.html

It states that LX92 to GRU, departure at 10.40pm, was flying over Switzerland for about 2 hours due to a problem with the carriage, then landing back in ZRH.

After landing, pax were kept onboard, were fed the dinner they were supposed to get in-flight in the plane adding another 1.5 hours, and left out of the airplane around or after 2am.

According to the article, LX didn't offered hotel rooms, but rather some thin mattresses at the airport (the article has a picture, looks even more terrible than the beds they put up in FRA for those that can't enter Schengen area) for all Economy class passengers.

Now, my questions are:

-Was there a reason (ie, all hotel rooms in the area full because of an event?) to not put the Economy pax into hotels? Having had at least 3 hours to prepare hotels etc. definitely gave LX enough warning time.

-What happened with Status Passengers in Economy class? Were they also "invited" to sleep at the airport, or from which level onwards was a hotel room provided for them? (*S, FTL, *G, SEN, HON?)

-Is this standard procedure, giving out food on board after landing? I know that by feeding the pax onboard LX could save the dinner expenses, but cutting another 1.5 hours off sleep of pax is kind of not what most passengers were locking for I guess?

-Passengers reported having been given 20 CHF as "compensation" by Swiss. Guess that's for immediate expenses. As it was a mechanical issue, all passengers are obviously due 600€. Did Swiss inform properly about how to claim it?
Old Aug 8, 2014, 3:58 am

Dear Swiss Lurker

Sorry, yet another question(s) from me.

I assume that you do understand German, I hope this is correct. I was reading the following article this morning:

http://www.blick.ch/news/schweiz/zue...id3039405.html

It states that LX92 to GRU, departure at 10.40pm, was flying over Switzerland for about 2 hours due to a problem with the carriage, then landing back in ZRH.

After landing, pax were kept onboard, were fed the dinner they were supposed to get in-flight in the plane adding another 1.5 hours, and left out of the airplane around or after 2am.

According to the article, LX didn't offered hotel rooms, but rather some thin mattresses at the airport (the article has a picture, looks even more terrible than the beds they put up in FRA for those that can't enter Schengen area) for all Economy class passengers.

Now, my questions are:

-Was there a reason (ie, all hotel rooms in the area full because of an event?) to not put the Economy pax into hotels? Having had at least 3 hours to prepare hotels etc. definitely gave LX enough warning time.

-What happened with Status Passengers in Economy class? Were they also "invited" to sleep at the airport, or from which level onwards was a hotel room provided for them? (*S, FTL, *G, SEN, HON?)

-Is this standard procedure, giving out food on board after landing? I know that by feeding the pax onboard LX could save the dinner expenses, but cutting another 1.5 hours off sleep of pax is kind of not what most passengers were locking for I guess?

-Passengers reported having been given 20 CHF as "compensation" by Swiss. Guess that's for immediate expenses. As it was a mechanical issue, all passengers are obviously due 600€. Did Swiss inform properly about how to claim it?
Dear YuropFlyer,

I hope you understand that I cannot comment on all matters and this Blick article in detail in particular, considering that I am not a SWISS spokesperson. However, I have gathered some information and will try my best to answer your questions.

Generally, I have to point out that your statement that SWISS did not offer hotels is not correct. Due to a shortage of hotel rooms, unfortunately only Business Class passengers could be accommodated in hotels.

Referring back to your questions:

1.) As indicated in the article, SWISS commented that as the European athletics championship will be held in Zurich this weekend, there was a shortage of hotels so that, unfortunately, not all passengers could be accommodated in hotel rooms.

2.) I cannot provide insights into that. I can only point out that all Senator and HON Circle passengers were accommodated since, according to my information, none of them were booked in Economy Class.

3.) As indicated in the article, meals were served onboard to ensure that all passengers will be provided with food as all restaurants at the airports were closed already.
As all Business Class passengers could be accommodated in hotels, these passengers could also de-board quickly as the hotels offer food choices.

4.) As indicated in the article, the CHF 20 were not a compensation but a meal voucher. This meal voucher was provided in order to allow the passengers to have a breakfast prior to the alternative flight this morning. Please also note that whether a compensation shall be paid out cannot always be decided ad hoc. There are several factors to be taken into consideration and some issues do not per se result in a compensation to be paid out.

Best regards from ZRH,
Nick

Last edited by SwissInternationalAirLines; Aug 8, 2014 at 3:59 am Reason: Details added
Old Aug 8, 2014, 4:15 am

Hi Nick

Thanks for the detailed answer.

It seems the Blick article got changed at 10:53 ( Publiziert: 08.14 Uhr, Aktualisiert: 10.53 Uhr) - thus the confusion why I'm asking some questions which are now answered in the article.

So, it seems some comments from Swiss weren't in it before. Like why they couldn't provide hotel rooms. etc.

I understand that LX might have been in trouble to find enough hotel rooms with the upcoming European Championship (of which LX is a sponsor )

Probably a bit of better communication might have helped (seems the people in the airplane didn't really understood what was going on) - I understand it might be difficult to react on such situation after 11pm, but then it's your main hub, so passengers do have higher expectations than if it would have happened in Delhi or Shanghai at such time.

Guess what LX should have pointed out better to the passengers straight away: Those 20 CHF are for food/immediate purchase needs, not compensation which has later to be determinated. Seems many misunderstood this. Suggestion: By handing a flyer together with the 20 CHF about passenger rights, there would be zero confusion should such event happen again.

Actually, handing out 20 CHF is already a better handling than the voucher that was given out recently when ZRH-DXB was delayed for 3 hours, which was for a bar of Kägi-Fret and a coffee (no other choices) - so it's good Swiss has apparently improved their process on this

Other than that, thank you very much for your time to answer those question which were rather going into details. I guess LX isn't happy about what happened, as such events are seldom an opportunity to win something, but rather just to minimise losing.

^ for your engagement here.
Old Aug 10, 2014, 11:05 am

Dear Swiss Lurker

What's the best way to find out if I can check luggage from ZRH via GRU to Santiago - I am traveling with miles and Swiss and then with a purchased ticket and LAN which is no longer a partner airline.

Thanks in advance!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.