Wiki Posts
Search

PROMO: Q4 2008 Promo - SPG You Choose

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2008, 1:43 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: SPG
Originally Posted by lunarbrian
William, I have a question on what constitutes a night. If I make a reservation for Saturday night but don't check in until 6am Sunday morning and I pay for the Saturday night (i.e. I flew a red eye and wanted to be able to check in early and was willing to pay for the night) does that count as a night? To me the obvious answer is yes since I paid for Saturday night even though I didn't check in until Sunday morning. However, I did this once with Marriott and since I didn't check in by midnight it did not count as a night. Thus, I had to pay but got no credit.
Hi lunarbrian,

The answer would be yes only on the condition that you will pay for the whole night's stay and it has to be of an eligible rate. (Nothing less than that, no day rate etc).

Another point to note: you would need to call in advance to the property to inform them that you are checking in late(either in the late evening or the very next day) so that they do not treat you as a no-show.

My best advice would be to ensure that the property credits your stay count accordingly when you check out.

[email protected]

Last edited by Starwood Lurker II; Sep 16, 2008 at 1:49 am Reason: Additional information
Old Sep 16, 2008, 1:47 am

Originally Posted by Tiki
Hi Lurkers,

I have a similar query. I would probably go for the 2 stays - 2000 bonus points. I have one stay already booked in Orlando Four Points- 2 nights which will get me 230 x 2 = 460 points plus I booked online for 500 bonus. I am now looking at the Aloft in Rancho Cucamonga. They are running a grand opening special that is $10 less than the normal rate of $129. So please tell me if this is possible.

2 nights at Orlando Four Points 460
Online booking bonus 500

1 night at Aloft at special rate 119 x 8 = 952
This together with Orlando Four Points = 2000 "choice bonus"
Extra 500 online booking bonus if I log on when the customer service is busy.

Total 4412 points for both stays?
Hi Tiki,

Let me help you this way. It would be easier for me as well so that I do not have to carry my calculator with me all the time.

Only the base points would be doubled. In other words, the following bonus would not be: 500 online bonus, 500 kiosk check in, elite membership bonus and so on..

[email protected]
Old Sep 16, 2008, 2:00 am

Programs: AA, UA, SQ, VA, QF, AF, BA
Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker II
Hi Tiki,

Let me help you this way. It would be easier for me as well so that I do not have to carry my calculator with me all the time.

Only the base points would be doubled. In other words, the following bonus would not be: 500 online bonus, 500 kiosk check in, elite membership bonus and so on..

[email protected]
Thyetus, I am not looking to get the base points doubled for the Aloft. There is a separate promotion for Aloft that gives 8 points per dollar. What I want to know is if I can combine the You Choose special with the other Aloft special.

I am looking at the 2 stays = 2000 bonus points.

Stay #1 is at Orlando Four Points (2 nights)
Stay #2 would be the Aloft Rancho Cucamonga (1 night)

Options at the Aloft-there is a discounted rate of $119 which is a grand opening special, normal rate is $129. This is the special. My question is if this constitutes a "qualifying rate" to be counted as the second stay and complete the 2 stays for 2000 points.

Also, do I still get the 8 points per dollar which is running until end Dec? This stay is in Nov.

say aloha to aloft Ontario-Rancho Cucamonga. visit the premiere city in the inland empire and the gateway to a southern california adventure. close to the la-ontario international airport, victoria gardens and much more. be part of a new travel experience with our grand opening offer starting from $79 per night:

* click here to reserve, $79 per night (Friday & Saturday)
* click here to reserve, $119 per night (Sunday - Thursday)

hurry! book by october 31 for stays now through the end of the year. call 1-866-716-8143 and request rate plan aloftwkn (weekend stays) or alofto (midweek stays).

Last edited by Tiki; Sep 16, 2008 at 2:18 am
Old Sep 16, 2008, 2:03 am

Programs: United MM- Marriott Titanium - Air France/KLM Flying Blue Platinum
^Thanks Starwood.. 25K easy points for me as I have already 18 nights booked until the end of the year..
Old Sep 16, 2008, 2:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Oh ya ! I forgot to ask... as I have already made reservations BEFORE this promo came out, do I have to now cancel and rebook everything?

I booked a prepaid 5 night stay in Montreal 3 months ago for the Black & Blue party. I can't cancel and rebook that stay now can I?
Old Sep 16, 2008, 3:02 am

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
Oh ya ! I forgot to ask... as I have already made reservations BEFORE this promo came out, do I have to now cancel and rebook everything?

I booked a prepaid 5 night stay in Montreal 3 months ago for the Black & Blue party. I can't cancel and rebook that stay now can I?
Hi Guy Betsy,

What is a Black & Blue party?

For example, you did not get to receive this news even before the actual eligibility period. Let's say, you registered on October 10. And you have already made a pre-paid booking in August for a stay on November 1. Only the date of your stay(s) matters(not date of booking), especially for promotions in which codes are not needed during reservations.

[email protected]
Old Sep 16, 2008, 3:03 am

Originally Posted by Tiki
Thyetus, I am not looking to get the base points doubled for the Aloft. There is a separate promotion for Aloft that gives 8 points per dollar. What I want to know is if I can combine the You Choose special with the other Aloft special.
Hi Tiki,

This is tough. *sobs*

Let me check and get back to you. Sorry for that.

[email protected]
Old Sep 16, 2008, 3:21 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ *G, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador Elite LFT Titanium , Hyatt Discoverist, ALL Diamond
The usual swift efficient response

Booked the 'You're now earning 25,000 bonus Starpoints with every ten stays.' but the title of the email confirmation came out as 'You're Earning 25,000 Starpoints Per Every 20 Nights Through December 31, 2008.'

The body of the email relates to the correct promotion. A case of wild 'cut and paste' perhaps?

===================================

For those of you who suffered from the 'bug', this is the answer I have received today... very swift as usual.

"Dear Mr. JohnSIN,

Thank you for your recent email concerning your Starwood Preferred Guest account. I welcome this opportunity to assist you. I would also like to thank you for taking the time to advise us of the incorrect title. I have forwarded this to the department-in-charge. I have checked your account and would like to assure you that you have registered for the 'Earn 25,000 bonus Starpoints with every 10 Stays' promotion. "

Great service starwood once again^
Old Sep 16, 2008, 3:56 am

Programs: HH Diam, IHG Pl, Sirius G,Bonvoy LTG,Melia Pl,Shangri-La Diam,UA*G,Emirates G,Virgin Atl. G,Hertz PC
The promo is good but not great, fair for everyone, not targeted and with a lot of options. It's a pity that september was left out (Q3 promo ended aug. 31th), since I will stay 7 nights at the Westin LV next week. It's the first time that I will have to do a lot of thinking before choosing...
One question, I read many comments about 500 points online booking bonus. Now, I've booked all my stays online and never received such a bonus. Is this targetted or only for US citizens?
Old Sep 16, 2008, 4:09 am

Originally Posted by bsdstone
I am attempting to rework the math that was posted earlier in this thread...someone PLEASE correct me as maff aint my strong suit! :-)

at a cheap $100 a night for 40 1-night stays = $4,000
(obviously very difficult to do!)

You'd get
100,000 bonus starpoints
20,000 platinum amenity (50*500)
20,000 online booking (50*500)
12,000 Revenue (3*4000)
8,000 Starwood CC (2*4000)

-------------
160,000 for $4,000 = 2.5 cents per point or 40 pts per $ spent

How can I get the online booking bonus, 12000 revenue and 8000 starwood CC? thanks!
Old Sep 16, 2008, 4:13 am

Programs: Flying Club (Gold), Bonvoy (Titanium), Hyatt (Diamond), IHG (Spire)
You are right.

[email protected]
I have a similar query - how does the Double Points promo work if you are staying under a Double or Triple points rate already ?

For a $1000 spend under Triple Points offer in London I'll get 7,000 points.. what would selecting the Double Points promo give me ?

This seems a great promo BTW, just a little confusing !!!

Thanks

Last edited by gameswolverine; Sep 16, 2008 at 4:22 am Reason: typo
Old Sep 16, 2008, 4:40 am

Overlapping Offers

Thyetus, thanks for your quick response. One additional unrelated question. I an currently registered under the AICPA offer which gives me double points through the end of September and the 500 point per night FT bonus. William had previously indicated that these offers were based on check in date not check out date. Thus, for a stay September 21-October 10, I would get both bonuses for the entire stay. It appears that based on an earlier reply in this thread to a differerent poster, for purposes of the 25,000 points for 20 nights, the nights start counting October 1 regardless of check in date. Would that mean that my 20 nights would begin on October 1 while the other offer was still earning me double points until 10/10? Please confirm. As always, thanks much.
Old Sep 16, 2008, 6:12 am

Programs: Hertz #1 Gold, SPG, Hyatt GP
I feel Empathy for Starwood Reps Today....

Hi Tiki,

This is tough. *sobs*

Let me check and get back to you. Sorry for that.

[email protected]
LoL. I can only imagine that the hotlines are sizzling with questions right about now. I think Tiki was asking what I was asking in a different manner. Sorry if I only confuse anyone any furhter. Do the Aloft Promo of 8 points per dollar get doubled to now 16 points? Or do the 8pts get added to the You Choose set that are doubled (being 2 base points doubled to 4) to now equal 12?

And what about the Triple Points in the Southeast Promo? I have a few stays/nights booked in New Orleans and FL. Is Starwood doubling (Under the "You Choose" Promo)the base points that would be tripled (under the "Triple Points in the Southeast" Promo)? Or are they adding the result of seperately multiplied base points? Thanks in Advance. Both Starwood Lurkers have answered patiently and thoroughly!
Old Sep 16, 2008, 6:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by gameswolverine
I have a similar query - how does the Double Points promo work if you are staying under a Double or Triple points rate already ?

For a $1000 spend under Triple Points offer in London I'll get 7,000 points.. what would selecting the Double Points promo give me ?

This seems a great promo BTW, just a little confusing !!!

Thanks
The double points would work for the BASE points. Any other promos above ie Double and Triple is also based on the BASE points.

So lets say you earned 500 base points.
The Triple promo would earn you an extra 1000 points.
The new SPG promo would earn you double ie you get another 500 points.
The total is everything added together...

Does that sound right Starwood Lurker people?

Last edited by Guy Betsy; Sep 16, 2008 at 8:00 am
Old Sep 16, 2008, 6:51 am

Programs: VA Gold, UA, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Ambassador
Well I am only up to page 3 and I see some are complaining already .

I am pleased to say that I am thrilled with all the choices and I am one very happy (thanks to this deal, almost requalified for 2009) GOLD member :-: ^.

Thanks Starwood .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.