Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Le Centre Sheraton Montreal Hotel [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 3, 2023, 6:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Le Centre Sheraton Montreal Hotel [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2006, 9:33 am

Programs: Starwood Platinum, United Premier Executive
I've stayed at the property and had a Sweet Sleeper bed. Did you ask a manager about the problem?
Old Nov 13, 2006, 10:02 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Question

Originally Posted by 1st Class Gekko
If anyone is planning a trip to Montreal I would recommend absolutely avoiding the Sheraton Centre if you are expecting a Sweet Sleeper bed. Upon checking in the misses decided to lie down on the bed since she had a bad back and was looking forward to the Sweet Sleeper beds we have all grown accustomed to. Instead she gave me a look like we had just been ripped off. I tried the bed since I have spent 140+ night in Starwood properties, and confrirmed it was well below par, the bed squeaked and felt the coils digging in to my back. I called the front desk and switched rooms to another club level room and experienced the same problems. I immediately called the Platinum conceirge and asked to switch properties since the Sheraton obviously didn't have sweet sleepers and the overall property was very tired looking. I managed to get a room at the Four Points down the street and was pleasantly surprised and grateful that they were able to accomodate us and had correctly advertised that they did in fact carry the sweet sleeper (most imporatant and basic element of a starwood property)

So Overall avoid Le Centre Sheraton in Montreal at all costs!!

Anyone else notice this same thing

Why? You don't give any indication why a person should avoid this property. You say you didn't like the bed, but what is so terrible about this property that one should avoid? Isn't the reason to contriburte to give accurate & complete information, whether its good or bad?

I'm not sure how this post is helpful.
Old Nov 13, 2006, 11:27 am

Programs: S.E, Preferred Select, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by Cheap Elite

Why? You don't give any indication why a person should avoid this property. You say you didn't like the bed, but what is so terrible about this property that one should avoid? Isn't the reason to contriburte to give accurate & complete information, whether its good or bad?

I'm not sure how this post is helpful.
I believe I mentioned to avoid the property if you are expecting a sweet sleeper bed. The bed is the most important part of any room and once the bed does not meet expectations the property is not worth it if there are other competing properties in the same location with better beds.

In the 2 club floor rooms I tried, both beds squeaked whenever you moved around, you could feel coils pressing on your spine. When I removed the sheets from the mattress to verify whether the beds were sweet sleepers or not, the Sweet sleeper stamp was not present, the mattress and box spring did not lie on a actual bed frame but instead a wooden box. Overall that was enough evidence for me to change properties. I asked the front desk if these were just old rooms and they said those are their best club floor rooms. Since my expectations were not met I changed properties to a place that would meet my expectations.

Last edited by 1st Class Gekko; Nov 13, 2006 at 11:34 am
Old Nov 13, 2006, 11:30 am

Originally Posted by danwhy
No problem when I was there so your stay may vary. I prefer the W in Montreal but the Sheraton is fine for what it is and my room did have a sweet sleeper.

By the way, Four Points do not have sweet sleepers, they have four comfort beds, still very comfortable but the linens are not as high a quality.
Thanks for the info but the mattress at the Four Points had the Sealy Sweet Sleeper tag on it. I'm sure the mattresses are very similar at any rate.
Old Nov 13, 2006, 11:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: United GS, Fairmont Platinum,SPG LTPlat, Hilton Diamond, MarriottGold..like the rest of the world
this mattress business raises an interesting question. In areas outside of the US, tariff restrictions and taxes could make it outrageously expensive to ship mattresses in from the US, so perhaps in Canada, Sealy makes one mattress solution for both Sheraton and 4PTS? Just a thought.

Most of us can attest that in the US, the mattresses are, indeed, somewhat different.

Perhaps at the 4PTS YUL the Sweet Sleeper mattress' presence could be explained this way?

Other thoughts?
Old Nov 13, 2006, 11:52 am

Programs: SPG Plat, HLT Honors, DL PLT but missing NWA terribly.
Originally Posted by 1st Class Gekko
When I removed the sheets from the mattress to verify whether the beds were sweet sleepers or not, the Sweet sleeper stamp was not present, the mattress and box spring did not lie on a actual bed frame but instead a wooden box.
Did you flip the mattresses to check? Hotels flip their mattresses every few months for even wear (many hotel mattresses brands have labels from 1-4 to indicate what side is in use) and the main mattress label is only on one side.

I can't honestly recall the last time I had a hotel bed with a regular bed frame - they've all been on a wooden platform. It keeps from having to clean under the bed.

I'm asking as I've never had a problem with the beds at this property. And they've always treated me well. I love the huge Club Lounge.
Old Nov 13, 2006, 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by Rolling Stone
Did you flip the mattresses to check? Hotels flip their mattresses every few months for even wear (many hotel mattresses brands have labels from 1-4 to indicate what side is in use) and the main mattress label is only on one side.

I can't honestly recall the last time I had a hotel bed with a regular bed frame - they've all been on a wooden platform. It keeps from having to clean under the bed.

I'm asking as I've never had a problem with the beds at this property. And they've always treated me well. I love the huge Club Lounge.
Yes I did a thorough investigation and it was not up to par.
Old Nov 13, 2006, 1:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2MM - DL PM - OZ Diamond - Bonvoy LTT - Hyatt Glob - IHG Plat - National EE - Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by DCGuy
I've stayed at the property and had a Sweet Sleeper bed. Did you ask a manager about the problem?
I agree with this -- I was here on an award stay a few months ago and my suite upgrade had the Sweet Sleeper bed. It was a very nice hotel overall.

But, I had minor problems with valet parking -- incorrect charges and long waits. In fact, on one night it took them almost 40 minutes because they kept bringing the wrong cars, and rather than go back and find the correct car, or let me come with them to identify the correct car, they wasted time trying to rearrange the other cars in the garage instead.

I brought this up to the GM, expecting that at best the hotel would refund the parking charges for that one night, but instead he comped me one night's worth of points (on a two-night award stay!). ^ Later on, the GM's office also sent me an email about the actions they were taking with the third-party company to avoid the same problems in the future (standard retraining promises, etc., but a nice touch IMO). So based on my own experiences, I think management at this property would be pretty receptive to this problem if you followed-up with them...
Old Nov 13, 2006, 2:21 pm

Programs: Liftime Titanium Elite Marriott
Not all Sheraton's are promised to have the bed? If you have a bad back sleep on the floor thats a great way to relieve tension from your spine.
Old Nov 13, 2006, 4:55 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat Pro, MR LTP, others from cards
I stayed there about 18 months ago. Not great, not awful, though I'll second the nickel and diming. It was the only SPG hotel I've stayed at where there was a charge for leaving luggage for a few hours after checking out.
Old Nov 13, 2006, 5:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United GS, Fairmont Platinum,SPG LTPlat, Hilton Diamond, MarriottGold..like the rest of the world
I wish Starwood Corporate would put a STOP to this stuff...

Originally Posted by ENIAC
It was the only SPG hotel I've stayed at where there was a charge for leaving luggage for a few hours after checking out.
That's simply NOT acceptable to me from a full service hotel. I aim most of my frustration directly at Starwood Corporate Offices for allowing such charges in the first place. If there is a charge for such things as these, perhaps the hotel might also be wise to charge guests for enjoying the pool, sitting in the lobby, or using the elevators.

After all, each of these amenities is costly to maintain and keep current.

Old Nov 13, 2006, 7:31 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum & LFT Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Silver, Airmiles Onyx, Aeroplan, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by ENIAC
It was the only SPG hotel I've stayed at where there was a charge for leaving luggage for a few hours after checking out.
Since this hotel is OWNED & operated by a Starwood, why is this kind of thing allowed? Very strange and never heard of being charged for leaving luggage ''on hold''.
Old Nov 13, 2006, 10:38 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat Pro, MR LTP, others from cards
Originally Posted by NBSPGMEMBER
Very strange and never heard of being charged for leaving luggage ''on hold''.
I'd never had it happen before or since either, though I've also never returned to this hotel. I did include a parenthetical suggestion that it seemed cheap in with a complaint I sent to the hotel about other service issues (specifically the failure to post service promise points they'd confirmed at checkout were showing in the computer). I got an acceptable number points for the main complaint but no response on the luggage issue so I assume it was policy at the time (Dec 2004) rather than some freak lapse.

Still, I'd feel worse about the lounge soda charges -- they should just close the thing if the diet cokes are killing them.
Old Nov 16, 2006, 1:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP | UA Million Miler Gold (former decade-long 1K) | SPG Plat | Hyatt Plat | Avis Chairman
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by NBSPGMEMBER
Very strange and never heard of being charged for leaving luggage ''on hold''.
Experienced the same thing, charging for held luggage, on multiple occasions at the Sheraton New York Hotel & Towers. They even have a special desk in the back of the lobby for holding luggage.
Old Apr 17, 2007, 8:33 am

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, UA 1K
Le Sheraton - Centre Ville Montreal

Anyone stayed there recently? Any helpful tips? Close to metro stops? I'll be there in June for the Canadian Grand Prix...

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.