Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy Hotels in Zagreb, Croatia

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy Hotels in Zagreb, Croatia

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2011, 9:20 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold née Platinum; AA Plat.
I can't answer the last question, but we just finished a stay at the Zagreb Westin and found it very comfortable. It's a large hotel, but the location was very good -- a pleasant 10 - 12 minute walk to the main area of town. The gym is surprisingly good -- it appears to be part of a health club, and the pool is very nice too, though no children are permitted (again, because it's part of a health club).
Old Feb 4, 2012, 6:23 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
The word please.

It seems a toss on being a tourist. Which hotel is best located for being a tourist? Can someone comment on taxi from airport to hotels and cost? Any other comments appreciated. Thanks.
Old Feb 4, 2012, 3:25 pm

Programs: Starwoods/ Marriott Life Time Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, and HP
Originally Posted by RTWSTARALLIANCE
It seems a toss on being a tourist. Which hotel is best located for being a tourist? Can someone comment on taxi from airport to hotels and cost? Any other comments appreciated. Thanks.
The Westin is a better location. Nice Platinum suite upgrade.Three years ago, it cost $30 usd to/from airport.
Old Feb 4, 2012, 5:45 pm

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Thank you! The Westin it will be.
Old Feb 5, 2012, 4:53 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Skyteam E+, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond
I would definately go for the Westin as well. The property is a lot more fresher!
Old May 4, 2012, 6:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by skrosvik
I would definately go for the Westin as well. The property is a lot more fresher!
I stayed at the Westin last week- in terms of distance from the old town centre, both the Sheraton and the Westin are less than a 10 minute walk.

The Westin wins on the views as it is a high rise.

Service wise I would say they are about the same (good actually).

Breakfast is very good at both hotels.

I can't think of too many differences really- they are both viable 4* reliable alternatives- maybe the view tips it a little bit. Internet is free at the Westin if that matters although it is only a wired connection in the room (no wireless) which won't help you a lot if you have an Ipad.
Old Jun 4, 2012, 5:53 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, DL Diamond, NK Gold, Mariott LT Plat/Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold
Stayed at the Westin. Upgraded to Office Room, which is like a junior suite. Large breakfast buffet provided as Platinum amenity.
Old Jan 8, 2013, 10:56 am

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Bumping up this thread, could I confirm that both properties are within comfortable walking distance from the train station? It appears so from the maps. We're tentatively planning a late evening arrival.

Also wondering if there are any new or revised comparisons of these properties.
Old Jan 8, 2013, 12:03 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold née Platinum; AA Plat.
We also arrived late at night, and it would not have been a comfortable walk (though we had a stroller). I'd take a cab.

Originally Posted by Fredd
Bumping up this thread, could I confirm that both properties are within comfortable walking distance from the train station? It appears so from the maps. We're tentatively planning a late evening arrival.

Old Jan 9, 2013, 2:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Taxis are quite inexpensive in Zagreb- late at night I personally would rather take a taxi.

It appears based on the thread I am one of the most recent guests at both hotels (May Westin and October Sheraton). If you look at my post from May 2012 above you probably get an idea of what both hotels are like. PM or write here if there is anything specific I can answer for you. Note the 4 points is also fine however not a good location for Tourism.
Old Jan 9, 2013, 7:02 am

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by jgold
We also arrived late at night, and it would not have been a comfortable walk (though we had a stroller). I'd take a cab.
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
Taxis are quite inexpensive in Zagreb- late at night I personally would rather take a taxi.

It appears based on the thread I am one of the most recent guests at both hotels (May Westin and October Sheraton). If you look at my post from May 2012 above you probably get an idea of what both hotels are like. PM or write here if there is anything specific I can answer for you. Note the 4 points is also fine however not a good location for Tourism.
^ Thank you both for the useful information.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 3:49 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Senator

If you're arriving by train you could easily walk to both properties. Or you could take a tram two stops to either hotel (that would actually be the easiest). The problem with taxis is that they are often a real rip-off from the train station (or the bus station)--at least they were a few years ago. Zagreb recently got some new taxi companies and they have brought down rates some, so it might be OK but you could also get swindled. On the other hand, even then it shouldn't be more than $20 and that might be worth peace of mind if you have a baby and don't want to deal with the trams.

If you want to take a tram, you can buy tickets from the tobacco shops in the train station and then walk out the front/main entrance of the station (that's also where the taxis are). If you're going to the Sheraton you want to catch the tram going to the right--two stops on the 4, the 9 or the 13 and you'll get off right at the hotel. To the Westin you can take the 2, 4 or 9 two stops to the left (so cross the tram tracks before you get on). When you get off, walk forward to the corner, cross the street and the Westin will be the tall building to the right. You can also take the 13 five stops and get off right in front of the Westin (it makes a loop through the center of town).

Anyway, it all depends on what time you arrive and how tired you are and whether or not you feel adventurous. I think the trams stop running around 11 (and some change their end destination to the garage after 11:00 p.m. which might mess you up).

Last edited by eefor jfp; Jan 10, 2013 at 3:57 am Reason: add info in last pargraph about garage
Old Jan 10, 2013, 6:19 am

Originally Posted by eefor jfp
If you're arriving by train you could easily walk to both properties. Or you could take a tram two stops to either hotel (that would actually be the easiest)...
Thanks very much. ^ This information gives us another option when we arrive. What you've described is very similar to what we've experienced in Bratislava, and it is most useful to have tram numbers.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 9:19 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Senator
Thanks very much. ^ This information gives us another option when we arrive. What you've described is very similar to what we've experienced in Bratislava, and it is most useful to have tram numbers.
You're welcome. http://www.zet.hr/english.aspx is the website for Zagreb transportation. And http://www.zet.hr/media/117298/tm3.1.2013.pdf should give you the tram map. The stop for the Sheraton is labeled "Sheraton" and for the Westin you want "Vodnikova."
Old Jan 10, 2013, 9:28 am

Originally Posted by eefor jfp
You're welcome. http://www.zet.hr/english.aspx is the website for Zagreb transportation. And http://www.zet.hr/media/117298/tm3.1.2013.pdf should give you the tram map. The stop for the Sheraton is labeled "Sheraton" and for the Westin you want "Vodnikova."
Thanks again. ^ This is an excellent resource for anybody planning a stay at either property.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.