Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy Hotels in Zagreb, Croatia

Marriott Bonvoy Hotels in Zagreb, Croatia

Old May 6, 2016, 7:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks. Only in town for an afternoon / evening after 2 weeks in Croatia, fly out the next day to Sydney via Doha.

Sheraton seems to be fairly close to the main bus station where the airport bus is at?

Since Sheraton has largely renovated, it should be more comfortable than Westin. Do not care much for the view. The coastal Croatia has much nicer views in most towns.
Old May 7, 2016, 8:49 am

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
The bus station is relatively close to the Sheraton, but not in its immediate vicinity; you'd still have a good 10-minute walk (15 with luggage). Note that pre-arranged taxis to the airport are only about 120 HRK when booked through the hotel, and Uber is also an option. Might make sense to consider alternatives if you have heavy luggage or companions with you.
Old May 7, 2016, 7:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gojko88
The bus station is relatively close to the Sheraton, but not in its immediate vicinity; you'd still have a good 10-minute walk (15 with luggage). Note that pre-arranged taxis to the airport are only about 120 HRK when booked through the hotel, and Uber is also an option. Might make sense to consider alternatives if you have heavy luggage or companions with you.
20" Carry on only. We travel very light.

Have not checked the hotel site on pre-booked transfer option but will take a look. 120 HRK is quite reasonable if this is the case. It is not listed on hotel's site. I doubt it would be that cheap when it says taxi is 30 euro. Never see a hotel transfer would be cheaper than a taxi, let alone this much cheaper.

Last edited by Happy; May 7, 2016 at 7:45 pm
Old May 8, 2016, 5:38 am

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
The hotel transfer is a taxi, just arranged by the hotel in advance and can be charged to the room. The provider is Eko Taxi, which is a bit cheaper than other taxi services in the city. Otherwise, a regular ride to the airport usually cost me 180-200 HRK.
Old Jul 6, 2016, 9:41 am
tds

1 night stay at the Sheraton this week...good experience. Was upgraded to suite and there was a fruit and sweet tray waiting for us. As it was July 4th and we are American, they had written "Happy 4th of July" in chocolate on the tray. Nice touch.
Old Dec 10, 2016, 6:28 am

Programs: UA- Pl (2MM), AA-Go, Delta-Silver, Hyatt-Globalist!, MR/SPG comb - Plat, Hilton - nada
Originally Posted by papyPiHi
Sheraton Zagreb update:
Floors 5 and 6 are completely refurbished, they're doing level 3 now
Got upgraded from a Deluxe room to a suite, Gold amenities (points or drink) offered at CKI.
No issues at all.

Agree with the poster that the suites could be better thought, but I'm nmot picky after a double upgrade: amenities were good, TVs, shower and all in-room facilities working properly, and my room was quiet in the afternoon while work was taking place, so...
I'm in residence now...Zagreb great location for December - nice city. And the nice Christmas market...not that impressed with Sheraton, but I guess its what they offer here. And choose Sheraton based on the above reviews that the hard product is better than Westin.

So they "renovated"(?) and yet the baths are still the old Europe style - shower in the tub with the little plastic piece. I'm just Gold so no upgrade. Deluxe room (5th floor) - whenever you shower the spray floods the bathroom floor & sink area bcuz the plastic shield doesn't do much good.

Breakfast is "so-so"...very busy here because of the Christmas tourists.
Still enjoying the stay...just definitely not a "luxury" property.
Old Dec 10, 2016, 12:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plt
I was at the Westin this week earlier for a quick work trip. It's a bit dated but not too bad. Got upgraded to a full sized suite which was comfortable. Shower had decent water pressure and the Westin dual-head thing.
Old Jan 19, 2017, 11:39 am

Programs: BA Silver, EK Silver, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Accor Silver
How far are these propertys from the airport? What has the best gym and healthclub, I understand the westin is operated by the worldclass chain? D o you have to pay extra to access the sauna area, if so is it worth it or is it one of the European style saunas where the locals go naked?
Old Mar 26, 2017, 1:27 pm

There is 1 big thing I didn't like about the hotels in Zagreb.
Room rates are confirmed in Euro however everyone should pay in Croatian kuna during check out. Of course the hotel uses a customer unfriendly exchange rate, determined by the hotel.

Currency fluctuations are always a risk when travelling abroad however in Zagreb it's different. Other countries confirm the rate in the home currency of the hotel so guests can choose many ways to get that currency.
In Zagreb the hotel can calculate as much as they like.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Plat, Hyatt Glob
Has anyone been here recently? Any comments on the Platinum breakfast?
Old Apr 19, 2018, 4:11 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by margarita girl
Has anyone been here recently? Any comments on the Platinum breakfast?
At which property? I've been to the Sheraton and the breakfast was very so-so.

Last edited by Jimgotkp; Apr 19, 2018 at 4:50 pm
Old Apr 19, 2018, 4:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Plat, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Jimgotkp
At which property? I've been to the Westin and the breakfast was very so-so.
Oops sorry, keep forgetting this thread covers both the Sheraton and the Westin. I'm looking at the Sheraton as it's about 100 Euros less than the Westin.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 4:50 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by margarita girl
Oops sorry, keep forgetting this thread covers both the Sheraton and the Westin. I'm looking at the Sheraton as it's about 100 Euros less than the Westin.
Oh I just realized I was at the Sheraton ZAG not the Westin. Yeah the breakfast there was definitely so-so. If you're good with just a whatever coffee and some pastries it's not too bad. The food overall in ZAG wasn't that great imho.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 2:37 am

Programs: IHG Diamond/Ambassador, QF LTG, VA G, Marriot LTG, Radisson VIP, Hertz Presidents Club
The Sheraton is quite a good hotel and I highly recommend. As a platinum I have always been upgared to a Suite. Platinum breakfast is complimentary and excellent. There is a wide selection from the buffet but I recommend that if you want eggs cooked to order or a latte etc... ask one of the waiters and they will bring it to your table.
Old Apr 20, 2018, 11:54 am

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat
Hi All -

Stayed at the Sheraton in June '16. Rooms are a little dated, but better than most stateside Sheratons. I would definitely stay here again.

Service is good, keeping in mind customer service in Croatia is... what you'd expect from a former socalist bloc. It's frank, direct, and generally the job gets done.
Upgrade: I used SNAs to get a 1 br suite, so I can't speak for upgrades. Room was big with flatscreens and good wifi.
Breakfast: Vast spread of hot/cold items, you won't be disappointed (Everything was included as a part of the plat benefit, I was surprised and delighted).
Location: Easily walkable to almost everything. 10-15 minute walk to Zagreb sights, 15 mins to the bus station for an easy commute to the airport (or take an Uber if you have lots of people/luggage).
Things to Do: We were only there for 2 nights, heading down to Split afterward. We were there during Euro Cup and Pride celebrations... quite the combination, with lots to do. (Sidenote - I have to say Croatians on the whole are friendly and welcoming to American tourists... I also grabbed a Croat soccer jersey on my way to watch the game, which might have helped). Outside of WC/Pride, go walk about the city. The cathedral is beautiful, as is most of the architecture in the area. Head over to Vinoteca Bornstein for a wine tasting of Croatia, it's pretty amazing how many different varietals they have in such a small country. The workers there are super helpful, nice and have a heavy pour.

I loved my short time in Zagreb, and the Sheraton was a great home base.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.