Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy Hotels in Zagreb, Croatia

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy Hotels in Zagreb, Croatia

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2007, 10:23 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UAL Premier Exec, SPG and HH Gold
We had a great stay at the Westin Zagreb. It is very conveniently located to the train station, to tram lines to Jelacic Square, and a tobacco cart in front of the hotel (as well as the shop in the hotel) sell tram tickets. The staff was friendly and helpful. The room was very clean, and standard Westin. When you take into account the cash and points rate, I can't imagine you could find a better deal.
Old Dec 14, 2007, 3:32 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Delta Gold, United 1P
Zagreb Croatia

Any suggestions on which Starwood property in Zagreb is closest to all of attractions?

Also looking at the room descriptions of the Westin and Sheraton they have rooms with two twin beds or single queen or king beds. Does anyone know if any of these rooms can hold 3 people (with a roll away bed)?

Thanks!
Old Dec 14, 2007, 3:46 pm

I think they are both equally distant from downtown, but on opposite sides.

I stayed in both properties, and I would probably avoid them. From what I remember, the room in the Westin (former InterContinental) was very small (and there were some leftovers from the previous occupant), whereas the Sheraton one might have been a bit bigger, but the hotel seemed to worn down.

If you are looking for a good hotel in Zagreb, I would suggest going for the Regent Esplanade.
Old Jan 25, 2008, 8:13 am

Programs: UA 2MM Lifetime Plat, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
One night in Zagreb

I have read the reviews and between the Sheraton and Westin is seems to be a toss up although the Westin seems a little better for my liking (and Plat friendly). The Sheraton I read the parking fee was ridiculous. Although it didn't say how much. A couple questions:

1. I didn't see much on the Four Points other than it was "older". Any reports of late? It is a cat 2 compared to the others are cat 3 and I'll only be there one night when I get there, and one night on the return. I can easily spend 7K points, but if it is a reasonable place I'm happy only spending 4K.

2. I am renting a car. I read Sheraton's parking was high, how much is the parking at the Sheraton, Westin, and the Four Points?

Thanks
Old Jan 28, 2008, 9:24 am

Programs: hh dia,spg plt,PC plat amb, lh sen
Originally Posted by 1K_From_SNA
I have read the reviews and between the Sheraton and Westin is seems to be a toss up although the Westin seems a little better for my liking (and Plat friendly). The Sheraton I read the parking fee was ridiculous. Although it didn't say how much. A couple questions:

1. I didn't see much on the Four Points other than it was "older". Any reports of late? It is a cat 2 compared to the others are cat 3 and I'll only be there one night when I get there, and one night on the return. I can easily spend 7K points, but if it is a reasonable place I'm happy only spending 4K.

2. I am renting a car. I read Sheraton's parking was high, how much is the parking at the Sheraton, Westin, and the Four Points?

Thanks
the 4 points is not a city centre location .,otherwise i have no information
stayed at both the westin and the sheraton last week, location more or less similar .
westin> much newer rooms, better upgrade for plat,junior suite which they call guest office , free internet , hotel parking approx 10 eur outside, 15 eur garage per night . great view
sheraton/ if u want a suite u have to fight for it, got one only after complaining,, oldish furniture in the rooms , very nice and modern gym, good breakfast , garage only at approx 15 eur per night
Old Jul 11, 2008, 6:05 pm

Programs: Starwoods/ Marriott Life Time Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, and HP
Zagreb, Croatia

Searching this forum, I did not find any current information on the Sheraton or Westin in Zagreb. Trip advisor had current information however, gave both these properties a poor rating. I will be spending two nights in September in this city and can't deceide between the two of them .The Sheration list they have a "Club Floor and Lounge" .
Does anyone have recent experience on which hotel will treat "platinums" better?
Old Jan 25, 2009, 5:39 am

Programs: AC super Elite Starwood Lifetime Platinum
Zagreb Croatia: Sheraton or Westin

I'm in Zagreb late March for a few days. Trying to decide on which property. No posts listed under Master Thread. Sheraton does not seem to have any or many N/S rooms, but location looks good, and has Lounge. Westin seems newer, but away from city centre... only 7K if I decide on awards (especially if there is 50% award offer!)
Old Jan 25, 2009, 5:57 am
Tak

Programs:  UA 1MM, JAL JGC Diamond, SPG Lifetime PLT, AMEX PLT
I have only stayed at Westin.
The location was not bad, and took only comfortable 10 minutes walk to the center of the city.
Since I stayed just one night, I did not remember well, but got upgrade to 1BR suite. The suite was nothing special, but decent with good view of the city.
Old Jan 25, 2009, 6:23 am

Programs: Starwoods/ Marriott Life Time Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, and HP
Westin

Originally Posted by Tak
I have only stayed at Westin.
The location was not bad, and took only comfortable 10 minutes walk to the center of the city.
Since I stayed just one night, I did not remember well, but got upgrade to 1BR suite. The suite was nothing special, but decent with good view of the city.
I had the same experience at the Westin in September. I believe the location at the Westin is better then the Sheraton.
Old Jan 25, 2009, 12:27 pm

Programs: AC super Elite Starwood Lifetime Platinum
Thanks to the administrator for linking my question to the Master Thread... and thanks for the recent updates!
Old Sep 17, 2009, 9:21 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Platinum
Sheraton

We spent a night at the Sheraton Zagreb in July because we were traveling with friends who wanted a pool for their children and I gather the Westin doesnīt have one. They were very disappointed after paying for the club floor to realize there was no club!

Our room on the 6th floor was fine - fairly large, but very hot as the ac didnīt really work (but thatīs no different than almost every european SPG weīve stayed in this summer - about 20 of them).

The check-in clerk just gave us a blank look when we asked about my husbandīs plat amenity - but SPG did give us the 500 points later when we asked for them.

The health club was actually pretty good.

Finally, there is a little italian restaurant down the street thatīs a good choice of place for something casual. They were very good with our friendsīchildren.
Old Nov 17, 2009, 9:39 am

Programs: UA GS, AS MVP 100K, DL Diamond, Marriot Lifetime Titanium, AmEx Centurion
It appears these hotels are on opposite sides of the city? I'm guessing this would make it annoying for a 2-night stay to switch hotels to get 2 stay credits?

- Which is closer to bars/nightlife/new years eve activities
- Which is easier from the train station if arriving later evening Dec 31
Old Dec 30, 2009, 1:38 pm

Programs: Air Canada, United, Continental, Hyatt, Marriott, Starwood
Westin or Sheraton in Zagreb?

I will be visiting Zagreb for the first time in late January/early February. I will be staying at the Palace as part of my package cruise, but am planning to spend a bit of time before and/or after on my own. Reading thru the thread, I couldn't really figure out which was better for me? I do like having a lounge (but find many not open on weekends anyways) and I enjoy a nice bathroom and a good gym. Would like to be easily accessible to public transporation and/or good walking proximities to places. Since it is my first time, I would want to sight-see and shop, try to soak in Croatian life a bit. And knowing who treats Platinums well also a plus! Thanks in advance!
Old Apr 2, 2010, 5:31 pm

Programs: AA EP, UA Gold-MM, UA 1K (former), GS (former),SPG LT Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond
Anymore insight to these two properties? I take it that neither one has a lounge but does one offer a better experience to Platinum's versus the other? Also as I will be there on the weekend, which is better for a tourist?

Thanks!
Old Jul 8, 2010, 8:45 am
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
Originally Posted by neo_781
Anymore insight to these two properties? I take it that neither one has a lounge but does one offer a better experience to Platinum's versus the other? Also as I will be there on the weekend, which is better for a tourist?

Thanks!
Bump!

Andy more details on the properties, esp. the Westin?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.