Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Key West (resort) [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westin Key West (resort) [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2017, 1:47 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Southwest AL CP, Hyatt Globalist
Had a stay at the Sunset Cottages/ Westin Key West for this summer, but felt compelled to cancel this week. Now my anniversary will be at the Bahia Beach St. Regis in San Juan.
Old Apr 8, 2017, 7:52 am

Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver
Gone to the dogs - literally

I took a stroll around the former Westin, now Margaritaville Resort the other day. They've parked brightly painted Adirondack chairs on the lanais along the wharf which is a bit jarring aesthetically compared to the rest of the facility. There were also families with dogs lounging in the pool area, something I'd never seen in many many days of lounging there when it was a Westin. They also now allow anyone to purchase access to the beach at Sunset Key, where before it was limited to guests of the Westin.

FWIW a staff member confirmed that ownership of the property did not change, just the flag.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.