Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Hong Kong Hotel & Towers - [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 31, 2015, 7:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ElevatorEnthusiast
As of June 2023, evening service is in the 2nd floor Lobby Lounge, and breakfast is served in The Cafe - main hotel restaurant - for all Plat+ Elite guests.
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Hong Kong Hotel & Towers - [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2015, 10:36 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL Plat, Marriott Bonvoy LIfetime Titanium/SPG refugee, Hertz Prez, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by jpdx
Your profile says you're SPG Plat, so I assume you got a harborview room and are thus overlooking the construction sites next to the IC -- either the former SOGO site or New World Centre. Those don't have a major impact on Sheraton guests. The noise/vibration comes (when it does occur) from the construction site on the same block as the Sheraton, the former parking structure on Middle Road.
You are quite right. My apologies. I didn't know there was another construction site under discussion.
Old Dec 8, 2015, 2:26 pm
TA

Programs: UA 1K MM
Has anyone else noticed during their stay that the rooms are quite humid? The A/C seemed to do nothing to help this during my recent stay, and I had to mention it to the management, which finally helped by providing a dehumidifier unit. One thing I personally really dislike is rooms where it feels *wet*.

Did not have any problems with construction or noise, and we had various rooms on floor 6, 9, facing the waterfront.
Old Dec 22, 2015, 12:27 am

I'm staying in HK for 2 nights at the end of March and looking at W vs Sheraton (I don't have any SPG status).

If I do C&P, the W would be 10,000 pts + $180/night and the Sheraton would be 6,000 pts + $110/night. Which would you guys choose? is there a way to get a Harbour View Room at the Sheraton if I do a C&P award, maybe pay some extra pts/night or $$/night?

I know the W is a lot nicer but doesn't seem like that great of a deal on points. Usually I get closer to 3-4 cents/pt at Starwood properties and in this case I'd only be getting 2 cents/pt.
Old Dec 22, 2015, 12:37 am

Ask for the Towers room using C&P. It should be a very marginal uplift over the 6k pts + $110 per night. (The merits of Towers has been discussed extensively in this thread, least of which is breakfast which would otherwise cost a fair bit). Then you can contact the hotel in advance and ask to pay the surcharge for the Harbor view, which I believe is HK$ 400 per night (USD50 or so).

Note that the lounge has great views of the harbour as well, but I think the supplement is worth the money.
Old Dec 22, 2015, 6:43 am

Programs: AA, CX, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by TA
Has anyone else noticed during their stay that the rooms are quite humid? The A/C seemed to do nothing to help this during my recent stay, and I had to mention it to the management, which finally helped by providing a dehumidifier unit. One thing I personally really dislike is rooms where it feels *wet*.

Did not have any problems with construction or noise, and we had various rooms on floor 6, 9, facing the waterfront.
Hong Kong in general is very humid even with a dehumidifier.
Old Dec 22, 2015, 9:26 am

Originally Posted by stargold
Ask for the Towers room using C&P. It should be a very marginal uplift over the 6k pts + $110 per night. (The merits of Towers has been discussed extensively in this thread, least of which is breakfast which would otherwise cost a fair bit). Then you can contact the hotel in advance and ask to pay the surcharge for the Harbor view, which I believe is HK$ 400 per night (USD50 or so).

Note that the lounge has great views of the harbour as well, but I think the supplement is worth the money.
Thx, I'll ask them. Having a tough time deciding on which hotel to stay at but have narrowed it down to 3 haha. Think the IC Harbour View Room would be better than Sheraton HV room? (it'd cost me 80k IHG pts + $367 for two nights)
Old Dec 22, 2015, 10:07 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Originally Posted by wholeinone04
Thx, I'll ask them. Having a tough time deciding on which hotel to stay at but have narrowed it down to 3 haha. Think the IC Harbour View Room would be better than Sheraton HV room? (it'd cost me 80k IHG pts + $367 for two nights)
The IC harbor view room is 100 times better than the Sheraton harbor view room. If you don't mind paying for it, the IC is a MUCH better choice.
Old Dec 22, 2015, 6:10 pm

Programs: QR/AC Gold, VA Silver, IHG Plat, Bonvoy Gold
+1 on IC Harbour View room. However if you can book Towers level at Sheraton using points then you would get breakfast + canapes/drinks etc.

You cannot use points to book IC HKG Club level, you have to pay quite a bit extra (cannot remember how much).
Old Dec 22, 2015, 6:13 pm

Programs: AA 4MM EXP; Starwood Lifetime Plt
Originally Posted by jpdx
The IC harbor view room is 100 times better than the Sheraton harbor view room. If you don't mind paying for it, the IC is a MUCH better choice.
Agreed, but IC is MUCH more expensive and club level is an extra charge.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 12:01 pm

Thx yea kind of comparing apples to oranges since the IC HV room is more expensive but I think I'm gonna go with the IC for this trip. Will be curious to see if that makes me more/less inclined to stay at Sheraton/W on round two
Old Dec 23, 2015, 1:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by kamchatsky
+1 on IC Harbour View room. However if you can book Towers level at Sheraton using points then you would get breakfast + canapes/drinks etc.

You cannot use points to book IC HKG Club level, you have to pay quite a bit extra (cannot remember how much).
How should one use points to book IC HKG Club level? And Club at the HK IC has nothing to do with harbor view.
Old Jan 17, 2016, 5:52 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
I'm an SPG Gold member (through Amex) and I would like to stay at the Sheraton HKG with a friend for one night in February.

From what I've understood, a Tower Room is the best deal.
Is this still the case if you're only staying one night? We would probably like to go out to some nightclub or bar, so I don't know how much time we would have at the hotel.
Also, do all rooms have a bathrooms where you can see the toilet from the bed? I'm going to share the room with a friend...

Can I book a room without the harbor view and would I be upgraded to a harbor view room because of my status?
Or is that too much gambling?

What about the construction noise, is that a problem in the tower rooms?

Please excuse the many questions. Thank you.

Last edited by ChocolateFactory; Jan 17, 2016 at 5:59 pm
Old Jan 17, 2016, 8:07 pm

Exclamation

I was just there and had a Towers King room that more or less faced Middle road. The construction just below me did not create a noise problem for me. That said, there is also construction on the Salisbury Rd. side. Someone else will have to vouch for it.

I think all of the bathrooms in the Tower are pretty similar. Mine was a normal bathroom, a bit compact but certainly private. Perhaps you are thinking of the W with the trendy exposed facilities?

If you are staying with a friend and need two beds, I would certainly be sure you get that guaranteed. But I would also give you that same advice at any hotel.

Last edited by 466SHH; Jan 17, 2016 at 8:08 pm Reason: Clarify
Old Jan 18, 2016, 4:13 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
No, I've seen lots of room from the Sheraton with non-private bathrooms...
For example, this photo looks like you can see the room from the sink:

Source: http://www.sheratonhongkonghotel.com/en/rooms/towers

But maybe I should just direct my questions at the hotel...
Old Jan 18, 2016, 4:19 am

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
Any hotel that I have ever stayed in that has glass walls for the bathroom also
has some way of closing them - blinds or curtains.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.