Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Starwood Discount Codes (SET #)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2011, 12:26 am
cur

Programs: fwp blood diamond, dykwia uranium
....this would be a premier bonus of my proposed SPG PLUTONIUM: SET CODES FOR EVERYONE!!!!! $80 rooms EVERYWHERE!!! And with 2000 bonus SPG ON TOP OF your plut check in amenity, promos, and 5SPG/$1USD spent!
Old Jul 31, 2011, 3:13 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
I am planning to visit Dubai in November 2011. Does any one have a discount code without advance purchase requirements ?

I prefer the Grosvenor House or the Sheraton Jumeirah hotels.

I tried many of the code mentioned here but nothing works out.
Old Jul 31, 2011, 5:09 am

Programs: Flying Blue: Platinum for Life Elite Plus - EuroBonus: Gold
I have concluded, that there are no codes or anything one can use to lower the price if you dont work for a cooperate
Old Jul 31, 2011, 8:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by strikerbird
I have concluded, that there are no codes or anything one can use to lower the price if you dont work for a cooperate
?? Many groups have them, AARP and ABA to name two.
Old Jul 31, 2011, 8:45 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
?? Many groups have them, AARP and ABA to name two.
In the past, it has been the practice of many on FT to not post SET codes. The OP should contact organizations which he/she may be a member to inquire about a Starwood SET code.
Old Oct 9, 2011, 2:10 pm

SPG SET code for IBM

could someone please PM me an IBM SET code for SPG please. i am doing some consulting work for IBM and planning on traveling to florida for a family vacation and want to see if i could get some help with the rate at SPG. Many many thanks in advance.

Kev
Old Oct 9, 2011, 2:23 pm

Programs: United GS, Fairmont Platinum,SPG LTPlat, Hilton Diamond, MarriottGold..like the rest of the world
Originally Posted by kevinhuan
could someone please PM me an IBM SET code for SPG please. i am doing some consulting work for IBM and planning on traveling to florida for a family vacation and want to see if i could get some help with the rate at SPG. Many many thanks in advance.

Kev
Your contacts at IBM have easy access to this information. You should ask them.
Old Oct 9, 2011, 8:29 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC, Delta PM, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by sbtinme
Your contacts at IBM have easy access to this information. You should ask them.
IBM does not have a preferred relationship with SPG, so the SET code is not any better than the AAA rate. So even if you had the code it's highly unlikely to save you any money.

Last edited by moman; Oct 9, 2011 at 8:36 pm
Old Oct 9, 2011, 9:14 pm
Suspended

Kev
Why did you post the same thing twice seven minutes apart?

Hyatt and IBM have a close relationship.
Old Oct 10, 2011, 12:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah

Kev
ask the people at ibm for the code....if you are entitled to it then they will give it to you....
Old Oct 10, 2011, 1:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by moman
IBM does not have a preferred relationship with SPG, so the SET code is not any better than the AAA rate. So even if you had the code it's highly unlikely to save you any money.
Just checked some random dates in December on SPG.com at W Miami. BAR was $859, AAA $816.05, and IBM $773.10. I agree, however, with some posts upthread. If you're entitled to use an IBM SET, you can get it from your IBM contacts. If not, you aren't entitled to use it and should not. Not to mention that you could, I suppose, be looking at rack rate at checkin if you are asked for IBM ID and cannot produce it.
Old Feb 4, 2012, 8:13 pm

Programs: Marriott PLT, SPG GLD, DL PM, National EE
Anyone work at Lockheed? Im on a project for the gvmt and normally use that rate but am wondering if LM has any relationship with SPG... most of my co-workers that arent on gvmt projects use Marriott.
Old Feb 17, 2012, 10:06 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Moderator Note

It seems that a reminder is in order in this thread. As the original is quite eloquent, I'll quote:

Originally Posted by AZ Travels the World
As gleff posted some 6 years ago now, the convention in the Starwood forum is that members don't post corporate discount codes.

We have read through this thread again and discussed in considerable detail how this it has gone off track in recent days. It is clear to us that, by far, the largest percentage of forum members prefer things just as they have been for many years. So we see no compelling reason to change this approach.

The posts inviting others to share their corporate SET codes (as well as the discussion surrounding those posts) have been deleted. They will continue to not be allowed, nor will the posts soliciting a private, 'black market' of these codes.

People sharing them amongst themselves, in private, is obviously not of concern to us, but the use of the Starwood forum for mining them is. Members of this board have been are clear that it's not what they want this place to become.

If you have any comments or concerns about this policy, please contact the moderators privately, via the private message system. Do not post them here in this thread, or elsewhere in the forum, as all discussions regarding the actions of moderators must be conducted in private, per the rules of FlyerTalk.

Thank you everyone, for your understanding, even if you disagree with the approach.

AZ Travels the World
& San Diego 1K (now yosithezet)
Starwood Forum Moderators
yosithezet
Co-Moderator, SPG
Old Aug 16, 2012, 4:28 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by TravelGuy1965
How often have people been asked for thier company card or badge when using thier company SET#?

Will hotels honor the rate if you don't have company identification at checkin?
In Marriott chain they will let you pay the difference to the rack rate on the spot.
Old Aug 16, 2012, 5:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
In Marriott chain they will let you pay the difference to the rack rate on the spot.
And thus the answer to my question in another thread about who actually pays rack.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.