Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Starwood Discount Codes (SET #)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2010, 8:20 am

Originally Posted by hhoope01
This is a good piece of info. My company does have a national rate code with Starwood, but in general it isn't very good as we are pushed more toward Marriott properties. But there are a few places where there are some very nice negociated rates for a particular hotel or two. I happen to be traveling a lot to one of those locations, so it hasn't been to much trouble maintaining my Plat status. But if I change my travel destination, I would most likely have major issues trying to pick a Starwood hotel.
Also look at companies in certain areas or cities they often have great discounts examples

Princeton NJ
Westin-amazing discounts with Bristol Myers because the world HQ is mile away.
Old Jul 14, 2010, 10:14 am
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by saad
it would be amazing if this could be done....william, thyetus, any suggestions on how this could be made possible????
The Flyertea folks asked Theytus to do the same thing. The idea was nixed before it got off the ground.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Jul 14, 2010, 12:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
I have to ask, what is Flyertea???
Old Jul 14, 2010, 12:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker
The Flyertea folks asked Theytus to do the same thing. The idea was nixed before it got off the ground.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
ah well....no harm in asking....
Old Jul 14, 2010, 12:31 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
I have to ask, what is Flyertea???
My take is that it is the Chinese version of Flyertalk:

http://flyertea.com/

Do you read Chinese?

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
Old Jul 14, 2010, 12:43 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
Originally Posted by hhoope01
But if I change my travel destination, I would most likely have major issues trying to pick a Starwood hotel.
Would you be allowed to contact a regional sales rep with Starwood or an individual hotel to inquire about them giving a better discount at your new destinations?
Old Jul 14, 2010, 12:45 pm
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by sc flier
Would you be allowed to contact a regional sales rep with Starwood or an individual hotel to inquire about them giving a better discount at your new destinations?
It would depend on the account/client I would be working with. If they already have some strong relationships with a hotel or two, I would probably be expected to follow with one of those. But where I'm at now, I had some flexibility to try and work my own best deal.
Old Jul 14, 2010, 1:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker
My take is that it is the Chinese version of Flyertalk.
Having now read the Google translation of some of the pages, I like FT much better. And the translation seems pretty good for the most part, very readable.
Old Oct 27, 2010, 11:48 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by cz4444
Hi,
can someone PM me some actual Sheraton Set Codes or Promo Codes?
I need them, because I'm going to Cracow next week!
Thx
Are you traveling for business or pleasure?
Old Oct 27, 2010, 2:41 pm

Maybe, if you start by reading this thread from the beginning, you might see an interesting SET on page 2... But of course, one cannot guarantee that it would work or anything.

I never tried that one as the one from my company gives a better discount at most properties :-)
Old Oct 27, 2010, 3:26 pm

One of my school's alumni associations has a SET number they give out. (Based on searches actually found this seems to be a semi generic "Alumni SET" that a couple of other schools provide) However, the odd thing is that every property I've tried it on (several - both different chains, and different regions) seems to give me full rack rates. This is convenient as it's easy to check spg50 rates using it... however, is there any rationale behind this? Surely no one would consider rack rates to be a discount?

(Checking a few other SETs, work one and some found online, seems to produce either a 10, 15, or 20% discount. So seems like there's something wrong with this one?)
Old Oct 27, 2010, 7:23 pm

Programs: UA MM/1K, SPG Lifetime Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, Natl Exec Elite
Originally Posted by okrogius
One of my school's alumni associations has a SET number they give out. (Based on searches actually found this seems to be a semi generic "Alumni SET" that a couple of other schools provide) However, the odd thing is that every property I've tried it on (several - both different chains, and different regions) seems to give me full rack rates. This is convenient as it's easy to check spg50 rates using it... however, is there any rationale behind this? Surely no one would consider rack rates to be a discount?

(Checking a few other SETs, work one and some found online, seems to produce either a 10, 15, or 20% discount. So seems like there's something wrong with this one?)
SET codes don't provide a consistent chainwide discount; they're simply a unique ID that a specific property can use to define the discount it's willing to offer a particular company or class of people. I get really great rates with my company's SET at a few properties; a "chainwide discount" mediocre rate at most others, and no discount at all at some properties.

My guess is the SET you're checking out will provide good discounts at some hotels near schools that share this SET. But this is just a guess; would welcome better information if anyone else can shed a little light on SETland.
Old Oct 28, 2010, 12:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by okrogius
However, the odd thing is that every property I've tried it on (several - both different chains, and different regions) seems to give me full rack rates.
i know what you mean....i have a set code that once showed me an absolutely crazy rate....the normal rate for that property were $300 a night but the set took that up to $1,200....
Old Oct 28, 2010, 9:56 am
Community Director Emerita

I've just deleted a number of off topic posts.

cz4444, you are new, and might be puzzled as to the reaction to your question. In general, people do not share their SET codes. They are specific to the company for whom they work. Hotels have the right to ask for IDs when folks check in. You should check with your own firm as to its SPG code. Best of luck to you in finding an acceptable rate in Cracow.

/mod
Old Oct 28, 2010, 12:20 pm

Programs: Senator, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond, Radisson Gold
Thanks for helping, I will try my luck!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.