Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Grand Arabellapark, Munich / München, Germany [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westin Grand Arabellapark, Munich / München, Germany [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2011, 2:49 am

Programs: EX²-*wood platinum, EX-hyatt diamond, sixt platinum, hilton silver, leaders club, esselunga verde...
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
Any idea what parking charges are here per night on the weekend? Thanks in advance- was able to get a spg redemption for a w/e during Oktoberfest.
If you find a place on the streets around: ZERO
Old Sep 8, 2011, 3:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Forstbetrieb
If you find a place on the streets around: ZERO
Yes- exactly what I was thinking- however, although I know Munich quite well, I don't know the area around the Westin- so my question is if there is a place to park on a weekend that should be OK near the hotel? I will also be arriving quite late on Friday night (around 23:00) so if it is a problem, I will just use the hotel garage- although seems a shame to spend ~25/30 EUR a night for something that is free nearby.

Thanks to Forstbetrieb and others for any advice. I will post a review on the hotel after I stay there- I do have to say, however, that having an SPG redemption during a weekend of Oktoberfest is quite impressive for the Starwood program- I called Hilton and they laughed at me-Kempinski told me 1200 EUR for the weekend- and I am a far far more frequent guest at Kempinski and Hilton in Munich than Starwood!
Old Sep 8, 2011, 5:47 am

Programs: LH SEN, SPG Plat, HH Diamond, BA blue
Weekends normaly there is no problem to get free parking arround the streets.
Old Sep 14, 2011, 4:20 pm

Programs: Marriott titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, AS, UA, AA, TWA, PAN AM, PSA
Sixt Car rental at hotel

I'll be staying at the Westin in a couple of months and will be renting a car for a week from the Sixt Car rental located at the hotel. Does anyone know if Sixt has free parking at the hotel if you're renting a car from them? Thinking it may be cheaper to just do daily rentals turning the car in every night to save on the parking fee.
Old Oct 11, 2011, 3:56 pm

Programs: Marriott titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, AS, UA, AA, TWA, PAN AM, PSA
Airport transport advice request

I'll be arriving at MUC on a Saturday evening after a long overnight flight from the west coast. Don't want to pay $100 for a taxi but would like an easy stress free way of getting to the Westin. I saw that you can take the Ubahn and Sbahn but was wondering if it would be easier and quicker to take the Lufthansa Shuttle to the Munich North stop then take a cab to the hotel. If so, are there cabs waiting at the Munich North stop?

Last edited by Uh Clem; Oct 11, 2011 at 4:09 pm
Old Oct 11, 2011, 7:48 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Uh Clem
I'll be arriving at MUC on a Saturday evening after a long overnight flight from the west coast. Don't want to pay $100 for a taxi but would like an easy stress free way of getting to the Westin. I saw that you can take the Ubahn and Sbahn but was wondering if it would be easier and quicker to take the Lufthansa Shuttle to the Munich North stop then take a cab to the hotel. If so, are there cabs waiting at the Munich North stop?
Cab was 50 euros for two with luggage from MUC to the front door of the Sheraton across the street. Took about 20ish minutes on a Saturday morning.

S-Bahn from the airport to Marienplatz is 30ish minutes; hopping onto to the U4 line to Arabella Park will take an additional 15 minutes. Cheapest alternative by far, but a little bit of a pain in the butt.
Old Oct 11, 2011, 8:31 pm

Originally Posted by pokeable
Cab was 50 euros for two with luggage from MUC to the front door of the Sheraton across the street. Took about 20ish minutes on a Saturday morning.

S-Bahn from the airport to Marienplatz is 30ish minutes; hopping onto to the U4 line to Arabella Park will take an additional 15 minutes. Cheapest alternative by far, but a little bit of a pain in the butt.
Thanks, 50 euros isn't as bad as I thought it would be. Will probably take a cab.
Old Oct 15, 2011, 10:32 am

Programs: SPG Platinum
If so, are there cabs waiting at the Munich North stop?
You can tell the bus driver to order a taxi to the North stop. Usually, the bus driver will ask on his own how many people need a taxi there.
Old Oct 15, 2011, 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by Breston
You can tell the bus driver to order a taxi to the North stop. Usually, the bus driver will ask on his own how many people need a taxi there.
Danks (Thanks), From the airport, does the bus stop at the North stop first or does it go to Central Munich then North? If the North stop is the first stop from MUC it may be worth the savings but if it's not I will probably opt for the taxi from the airport.

Last edited by Uh Clem; Oct 15, 2011 at 4:00 pm
Old Oct 16, 2011, 4:12 am

Danks (Thanks), From the airport, does the bus stop at the North stop first or does it go to Central Munich then North? If the North stop is the first stop from MUC it may be worth the savings but if it's not I will probably opt for the taxi from the airport.
The North stop is the first one. I used to work near the North stop, so the bus was very convenient for me. Never tried the combination bus/taxi myself, though.
Old Oct 23, 2011, 12:14 pm

Programs: EX²-*wood platinum, EX-hyatt diamond, sixt platinum, hilton silver, leaders club, esselunga verde...
There are - at least 19th - 22nd floor - no more ice maschines on the floors, but you can order ( for free ).
Old Oct 29, 2011, 4:54 am

Thumbs down

No more free breakfast for platinums in the restaurant " ZEN " if it is not in the rate!
Old Oct 29, 2011, 1:00 pm

Programs: OZ LT D+, UA 1K, AS MVPG AF Gold, SPG Platinum (8 years), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by Forstbetrieb
No more free breakfast for platinums in the restaurant " ZEN " if it is not in the rate!
This is too bad. One of the reasons I like this property is free & great breakfast at restaurant as a plat.
Old Oct 29, 2011, 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by OneWorldTraveller
This is too bad. One of the reasons I like this property is free & great breakfast at restaurant as a plat.
Breakfast is great, yes - but when has it been free for plats? Breakfast in the lounge is free, but in the restaurant ZEN?
Old Oct 30, 2011, 2:52 am

Originally Posted by Breston
Breakfast is great, yes - but when has it been free for plats? Breakfast in the lounge is free, but in the restaurant ZEN?
Since years...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.