Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Platinium - Guaranteed room availability ???

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2014, 3:44 am
Original Poster

Platinium - Guaranteed room availability ???

I want make reservation for one day at LM Malta I have this answer about Platinium Guaranteed room availability form SPG chat :

------------------------------------------
Valerie H.: Platinum overrides are not in place for one night if the hotel has imposed a minimum length of stay, sir. Please note, that hotels may decide to impose a minimum length of stay at any time based on factors such as room availability, local events, etc. Please also note, as rooms that were designated to third-party websites are not included anymore in the hotel's inventory, a minimum length of stay policy would apply to rooms booked from us. We have no control over the availability information on third-party travel sites, I am afraid.
------------------------------------------
And this date is aviabke on hotels.com, booking.com etc. and this is not blacklisted date.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 4:02 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Use BRG, not platinum room guarantee.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 4:05 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
The guaranteed room availability is at rack rate so it might be cheaper to just pay for two nights at a reasonable rate if the hotel has availability but imposed a minimum stay requirement. No need to worry about early check in or late check out and you might get credit for two nights.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 4:08 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by HHQX888
I want make reservation for one day at LM Malta I have this answer about Platinium Guaranteed room availability.
To answer your question, the T&Cs of this benefit are :

6.Applicable to one standard room booked by 3 p.m. local time 72+ hours before day of arrival at participating hotels. Member must pay regular RACK rate. Black out dates apply. Not available at resorts. Room upgrade and Free Night Award redemption do not apply when this benefit is utilized. Minimum length-of-stay requirement must be met.
so, accordingly, you can't use it for a one night stay if the hotel has imposed a minimum-stay requirement.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 4:10 am
Original Poster

Thumbs down

updated chat :

Rafa M. : There are some limitations to the Platinum Override. I'm checking them now
Rafa M. : In the meantime, in regards to the 3rd party website availability, this is due to an agreement between the hotel and the website. As those agreements are private, we don't have access to them, but I can confirm you that some particular hotels may offer guaranteed availability for some particular websites due to those agreements
Rafa M. : In the Terms and Conditions for the SPG Program, you may find 8.4.c. iv a link for the Platinum benefits where it explains about the 72 hours override
Rafa M. : This is the link for SPG Terms and Conditions that you may check: http://www.starwoodhotels.com/prefer...spg_terms.html
Rafa M. : And this is the link for Platinum benefits: http://www.starwoodhotels.com/prefer...preferred.html
Rafa M. : The benefit is cited as: "Guaranteed room availability
when your room is booked by 3 p.m., 72+ hours prior to arrival"
Rafa M. : There is a footnote on that benefit (number 6) where it explains the limitations: "Applicable to one standard room booked by 3 p.m. local time 72+ hours before day of arrival at participating hotels. Member must pay regular RACK rate. Black out dates apply. Not available at resorts. Room upgrade and Free Night Award redemption do not apply when this benefit is utilized. Minimum length-of-stay requirement must be met. "
HHQX888: now I have talk with hotel directly an they have rooms free
Rafa M. : I'm glad to know that. So it seems that the hotel was updating the system for those dates now
Rafa M. : From our system in the central office, the hotel is not available yet. Probably this may take some more minutes to show available. I can call the hotel on your behalf to get more information about this if you wish
HHQX888: Pls. Call and explain me again this situation.
Rafa M. : Allow me 2-3 minutes I talk to them, please
Rafa M. : Thanks for waiting. I've been talking to Antonella in the Reservations Department. She confirmed me that they're not offering rooms online or through the central reservations system as they are about to be sold out; however, they may offer you as an exception one Deluxe Room for that date
Rafa M. : All they need to confirm this reservation for you is your credit card details. They don't have access to your credit card details from their system due to security reasons
HHQX888: make this flexible booking for me and give me reservation number I will make BRG claim later.
Rafa M. : For this, I would need your credit card full number, as my system, also for security reasons, only shows the last 4 digits
Rafa M. : If you provide me with the credit card number, I'll call the hotel to confirm the reservation and to provide you with a confirmation number
HHQX888: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Rafa M. : Thanks. May I know the expiration date, please?
HHQX888: xx/xx
Rafa M. : Thanks. I'll call the hotel again. Allow me another 2-3 minutes, please

Free rooms are 22.Oct-23.Oct on thirty-party web sites with 120EUR, with direct call to hotel they give me flexible rate 220EUR ... BUT for SPG Platinium chat thay don't have for me free room ?

Nice, SPG program is going down , this same situation like with suite upgrade or suite nights all around can offer this but for members they are sold out.

Last edited by HHQX888; Oct 8, 2014 at 4:22 am Reason: updated chat
Old Oct 8, 2014, 4:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
As suggested above, why aren't you doing a BRG? You can get an extra 10% off the competitive rate or 2000 bonus pts.

I've often done BRGs when hotel shows no availability.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 4:54 am

If I understand correctly, the issue raised has actually nothing to do with Platinum Guaranteed Availability or BRG.

The 72 hour guarantee at rack rate applies to cases when a hotel is full, i.e., the hotel will actually walk another guest in order to accommodate the Platinum guest (provided conditions are met - not a blackout date, not a resort etc.).

In this case, the hotel actually has available rooms, for sale both directly and over 3rd party websites, but not via SPG.

I faintly remember such cases have been discussed here before. In any case, it's not very satisfactory from a customer perspective.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 6:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Funny, I couldn't be more satisfied if this happened to me. Yay, 2000 bonus points!
Old Oct 8, 2014, 8:06 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Originally Posted by margarita girl
Funny, I couldn't be more satisfied if this happened to me. Yay, 2000 bonus points!
+1.

OP doesn't seem to be motivated to actually read replies here.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 9:07 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by remymartin
+1.

OP doesn't seem to be motivated to actually read replies here.
No, I read all and make BRG claim, but I am suprised this situation .
I can't use platinium guaranted room availabity even if I want pay rack rate.

Originally Posted by kamel123
+1.
In this case, the hotel actually has available rooms, for sale both directly and over 3rd party websites, but not via SPG.
Hotel favors not starwood member guests.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 11:39 am
Original Poster

BRG Department answer

Dear HHQX888,

Thank you for your interest in the Starwood Hotels & Resorts Best Rate Guarantee program. I welcome this opportunity to assist you today.

It would appear that rates and availability have changed between the time you submitted your Best Rate Guarantee claim and our investigation process. I have reviewed the rates for Le Méridien St. Julians Hotel & Spa, for the dates on your claim and was unable to locate availability for a Deluxe room on our website or the competing website. As there is no availability on either website, I am not able to approve your claim. I apologize for any inconvenience or frustration you may have experienced as a result of our investigations.

Janice T.

And print screen last 5min ago :

Old Oct 8, 2014, 12:27 pm

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
Dear HHQX888,

Thank you for your interest in the Starwood Hotels & Resorts Best Rate Guarantee program. I welcome this opportunity to assist you today.

It would appear that rates and availability have changed between the time you submitted your Best Rate Guarantee claim and our investigation process. I have reviewed the rates for Le Méridien St. Julians Hotel & Spa, for the dates on your claim and was unable to locate availability for a Deluxe room on our website or the competing website. As there is no availability on either website, I am not able to approve your claim. I apologize for any inconvenience or frustration you may have experienced as a result of our investigations.

Janice T.
If you submitted the competing website to be tripadvisor, then it should get rejected because it is not a competing website. You should submit another claim stating the exact URL that shows the rate.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 1:13 pm
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb

Did you actually click through the links to confirm availability? Just because it's displaying on TripAdvisor, doesn't mean you can actually book it. BRG works only if you can actually book the room.

But if you can, then submit that screen shot instead, not TripAdvisor.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 1:25 pm
Original Poster

Of course that I don't send to BRG Tripadvisor/Kayak pages, but I send 6 BRG forms with booking.com, opodo.com, venere.com, expedia.de, hotels.com, hotelreservierung.de, hotelclub.com offers. I chose offer on brooker page and folow till payment, that I am sure I can book this offer.

BRG department don't want print screens, only one time with phone call to BRG department thay told me that I confirm what I see on my webbrowser becouse thay from Canada seen different prices.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 2:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm confused. If they are seeing prices, that means they are seeing availability, no?

So they should be able to confirm the BRG at whatever prices they are seeing which I assume would still be less than the rack rate that you initially said you would be willing to pay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.